Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This is starting to get just a little ridiculous.
Screams of incompetence as the weeks go by. Yes the 6 hour search by Blake for manny was a **** show but that’s one side of the extreme incompetence spectrum. We are now entering the other side of incompetence from a timing standpoint. Biggest junior day in the country by a mile with no:
Coordinators, db coach, (official) TE coach, and LB coach..... BRILLIANT!

And have lost a few (but those don’t count)…

And I specifically included the portal on my list as a current L for this exact point…
Wins and losses count equally, I’m not suggesting otherwise. Though I’m also not the one creating a detailed list for the two month old coach’s sins.

Advertisement
Boy some of you just aren’t built for this.

We’ve had other posters highlight the timeline that Mario follows when making hires, correct?

He took a while to hire coordinators at Oregon.

Did Oregon finish with top 10 recruiting classes?

Un bunch your panties. It’s gonna be fine

But did he?

Mario's Oregon OC 1 - 0 days (retained Arroyo from Taggart's staff)
Mario's Oregon DC 1 - 0 days (retained Leavitt from Taggart's staff)
Mario's Oregon DC 2 - 14 days between firing Leavitt on February 13 and hiring Avalos on February 28
Mario's Oregon OC 2 - 41 days between Arroyo taking HC job at UNLV on December 11 and hiring Moorhead on January 21; however, Moorhead was hired 18 days after he became available after being fired on January 3
Mario's Oregon DC 3 - 14 days between Avalos taking HC job at Boise State on January 8 and hiring DeRuyter on January 22

Today is January 20. If Mario hires an OC this week, it will still be in line with the ANNOUNCEMENT DATES of all of his Oregon coordinator hires (not retentions) with the exception of when he fired Leavitt in February.

Can we please stop Human Centipeding this ridiculous "Mario took forever to hire coordinators at Oregon" myth?

Fine I’ll take the downvotes. Mario deserves benefit of the doubt from everybody, this isn’t me asking for banners to be flown, but we have important prospects left on our recruiting board, we have a big recruiting event coming up, and we don’t have coordinators, or even most of our staff put together. This isn’t a good omen, there’s no spinning it any other way.
It's not ideal, but in the long run it is better than making the wrong hire to meet some arbitrary deadline.

Not sure if this was already posted

To me this either means

a) our DC is Belk, or
b) Mason is negotiating with us and this was his leverage play

I’d guess Belk will be DC, based on previous nuggets from @Cribby and @JayCane20 . I don’t think Schumann was completely ruled out yet, but they have hinted that it’s a coach with a DB background.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And have lost a few (but those don’t count)…

And I specifically included the portal on my list as a current L for this exact point…

Really? Did we? Did MARIO "lose a few"? Or did Manny?

Who has voluntarily entered the Portal since Mario was hired? Nesta was asked to leave.

I'll hang up and listen for your mopey answer.

Advertisement
Screams of incompetence as the weeks go by. Yes the 6 hour search by Blake for manny was a **** show but that’s one side of the extreme incompetence spectrum. We are now entering the other side of incompetence from a timing standpoint. Biggest junior day in the country by a mile with no:
Coordinators, db coach, (official) TE coach, and LB coach..... BRILLIANT!
so you don't think we will have coordinators, te coach, lb coach in place by 2023? Way to overreact, friend. This prospect day is really to sell them Mario's vision for the program, spend time on campus, talk to current players, see facilities, etc.

I posted very early on that big fish would be making a run at T Rob even though people kinda scoffed at that. But like you said I can only go on what a coach is telling players and recruits. I assumed Uga would be the threat . He told kids he was being retained and after that kept saying he was staying. But If I knew leaving was an was an option I'm positive Mario had to know.
And I'm sure Mario had a backup plan, for this reason.

Maybe this belongs here too:

Ok so what's the new one? That a man who has made it to the top of his profession, built a tree of loyal coaches, has recruited like a god and won conference championships and major bowl games now has... decision paralysis? :LOL:

I really think everyone should have a nice steaming cup of STFU until we see what staff we land, how we close, and if I am pretending to be a rational human being, how the 2022 season and recruiting classes go. Twelve months and two weeks from now of unequivocal support.

I can't imagine being irresponsible and callous enough to know 1% of what's going on, and and still try to fill in the blanks with my own assumptions, rumors, and whatever today's anonymous boogeyman tells us, and think I know a god **** thing. Let alone rip Mario for it already.

This is war. We aren't going to win every battle. We are going up against entrenched, well-fortified highly armored opponents. We just started rebuilding our ****nal. But we have a top general leading us that we can trust unequivocally, and one day when we're standing at the top of CFB, each of us will need to look back and honestly think about whether we were part of the problem or part of the solution. Did Mario win because the fanbase was there to support him the way the admin and boosters are, or were we (by we I mean each of us - look in the mirror) someone Miami won in spite of?

The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back