Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Interesting little discussion this morning on espn u Danny Karnell show. interesting sometimes to get the national perspective even if it involves an FSU homer.

-Danny K started by saying a lot of great things about Mario and this hire (unlike the FSU trolls on social media)
- The other host (dustin D something) was a little surprised briles didn’t take the miami job as you can get better players and easier to win in the acc.
- The offense is a physical run first offense but kids want to play for it. The run opens the pass etc but they run the ball a lot.
- They also think there are a lot of coaches in place and that maybe that is a factor.
- Also maybe it’s a factor that briles wants to move on the a head coaching position for his next stop.
- also maybe Briles didn't want to go to a place with most of the offensive coaches in place. he would have to start over completely.
- Danny K (FSU guy so take for what its worth) said its already been a month so its getting a little late already.
There are a lot of leaps and bounds in there based off one McMurphy tweet

If Bama can make a run at T-Rob on Jan 19th then we can make a run at Corey Reymond on Jan 19th, spring football didnt start yet, remember Mario was position coach at the U before for less than a month and he left

Cmon man, let it go

Advertisement
How so? His vision lock up top 100 recruits we had no business getting.
could we have gotten more? nobody is arguing that he's not an upgrade, however i also think nobody would disagree that other top programs that went through regime changes were able to solidify the coordinator position in a timely fashion ... are we saying they weren't thorough too?

Field, DVD, Stroud, Cooney, Pata, Bain, Hypolitte, Sabbath Joseph, Dennis Smith, assistant OL coach whose name I can’t remember are the known recruiting staff and analysts out recruiting. I’m sure theres more

edit: how could I forget Mike Rumph!?!?

And MIRABAL and CRISTOBAL.

But at the same time Miami is about to have an insane amount of top end talent on campus soon. I think he understands that the transition class and fixing the recruiting is the biggest priority. Saban, Smart, Meyer have all said recruiting is the life blood of your program and high school are always posting pictures of Mario and others visiting them.

If my simple mind had to prioritize what was important.. I'd say that there isn't an impending drop dead date to hire a coach. But there is an impending drop dead date to sign unsigned recruits.
great points, however if i'm a recruit, wouldn't i want to know the guy the guy that's coaching my side of the ball ... build a relationship with him because at the end of the day the coordinator and my position coach are who i'm gonna have the most interaction with, moreso than mario

Advertisement
There are a lot of leaps and bounds in there based off one McMurphy tweet
dusty said there was pushback from the miami side (I guess twitter and social media) about Briles but he thinks we wanted him. wouldn't you agree we probably wanted Briles?

Last edited:
Here is a staff that took far less time to assemble

Jon Patke- no on field experience, was already in building
DvD- no on field experience, was already in building
Ish- no on field experience, no other offers for such
Stroud- was in the building
Manny- was in the building gave himself responsibility of DC (heard it was a thorough interview)

Interesting little discussion this morning on espn u Danny Karnell show. interesting sometimes to get the national perspective even if it involves an FSU homer.

-Danny K started by saying a lot of great things about Mario and this hire (unlike the FSU trolls on social media)
- The other host (dustin D something) was a little surprised briles didn’t take the miami job as you can get better players and easier to win in the acc.
- The offense is a physical run first offense but kids want to play for it. The run opens the pass etc but they run the ball a lot.
- They also think there are a lot of coaches in place and that maybe that is a factor.
- Also maybe it’s a factor that briles wants to move on the a head coaching position for his next stop.
- also maybe Briles didn't want to go to a place with most of the offensive coaches in place. he would have to start over completely.
- Danny K (FSU guy so take for what its worth) said its already been a month so its getting a little late already.
Did they even bother to speculate that perhaps Briles WAS NOT actually offered the job?

Boy some of you just aren’t built for this.

We’ve had other posters highlight the timeline that Mario follows when making hires, correct?

He took a while to hire coordinators at Oregon.

Did Oregon finish with top 10 recruiting classes?

Un bunch your panties. It’s gonna be fine
Are you surprised? Look at how this fanbase and many on here have handled previous situations like the whole coaching/GM search. They can't go more than a couple weeks without some kind of news that they feel is good news. Otherwise it's total panic.

Advertisement
I was doing off field only. Smith, McClendon, Mirabel, Cristobal, Salvaveva plus the ones I named put us at around 16 coaches to host 50 recruits this weekend.
Copy. Very early where I am, haven't had coffee yet, been up for three hours. Bad mix!

Advertisement
I keep reading the title waiting for the Maudes to change it to CANES TEARS or merge it. Very few of you mfs Pushin 🅿️. Like the timeline or not we gone get coaches and they gone get top 100 croots. Go check weekend visitors for Saturday if you worried about Mario.

Amazing. The sun came up this morning. The world did not come to an end. New day always brings new hope.
And tonight we make history.

1,000 fellas, keep your eyes the prize.

ezgif-3-d11548df97.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back