Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about you but when I saw that 3 am picture of him, this is what I was thinking…

View attachment 173397
This is high quality art. Kudos. Between this and @nystateofmind thread bump about TRob over flowing the toilet at a recruit’s house from taking a major dump, Im feeling pretty darn good today about the situation. This doesn’t look like a guy who can keep up with what Mario demands from his staff. It may be your edits influencing that, but I don’t care.

Let’s have a great day on this thread!

Advertisement
Advertisement
The back-to-back-to-back offseason and social media championships seem to have some people skittish these days. Maybe Mario should get the media hype train working like Manny did since that served the team so well on the field? I have more confidence Mario, a Rose Bowl and Pac12 champion, will get it right than I had confidence in Manny, whose career high is a close contest between being a honorable mention scholar athlete and a close Cheeze-it bowl loss.

Muse are the best band I've seen live (seen the Foo's once, they were great too) - they're just brilliant.

In terms of crowd euphoria, watching Oasis play at the Etihad Stadium (home of their beloved Manchester City) was pretty special, even if the band themselves haven't stood the test of time. 50,000 Mancunians singing every lyric of every song back to their hometown heroes... yeah, doesn't get much more feel-good than that.
Just to bring this thread back on track, utterly ridiculous:

Advertisement
The back-to-back-to-back offseason and social media championships seem to have some people skittish these days. Maybe Mario should get the media hype train working like Manny did since that served the team so well on the field? I have more confidence Mario, a Rose Bowl and Pac12 champion, will get it right than I had confidence in Manny, whose career high is a close contest between being a honorable mention scholar athlete and a close Cheeze-it bowl loss.
oh god no lets freak out because its january

Mario looking like a clown show right now let’s be completely honest with ourselves.
your gonna get downvoted ... and clown show may not be the correct term ... but there's some truth ... there's nothing wrong with being thorough, but not having a coaching staff in place during recruiting season is poor management imo ... trob leaving happens, it's a part of the landscape when you have good coaches ... but to not have coordinators in place to sell your vision and system to kids is irresponsible ... of course all is forgiven if come september the product on the field is A1

Last edited:
your gonna get downvoted ... and clown show may not be the correct term ... but there's some truth ... there's nothing wrong with being thorough, but not having a coaching staff in place recruiting season is poor management imo ... trob leaving happens, it's a part of the landscape when you have good coaches ... but to not have coordinators in place to sell your vision and system to kids is irresponsible ... of course all is forgiven if come september the product on the field is A1
Fine I’ll take the downvotes. Mario deserves benefit of the doubt from everybody, this isn’t me asking for banners to be flown, but we have important prospects left on our recruiting board, we have a big recruiting event coming up, and we don’t have coordinators, or even most of our staff put together. This isn’t a good omen, there’s no spinning it any other way.

Advertisement
Interesting little discussion this morning on espn u Danny Karnell show. interesting sometimes to get the national perspective even if it involves an FSU homer.

-Danny K started by saying a lot of great things about Mario and this hire (unlike the FSU trolls on social media)
- The other host (dustin D something) was a little surprised briles didn’t take the miami job as you can get better players and easier to win in the acc.
- The offense is a physical run first offense but kids want to play for it. The run opens the pass etc but they run the ball a lot.
- They also think there are a lot of coaches in place and that maybe that is a factor.
- Also maybe it’s a factor that briles wants to move on the a head coaching position for his next stop.
- also maybe Briles didn't want to go to a place with most of the offensive coaches in place. he would have to start over completely.
- Danny K (FSU guy so take for what its worth) said its already been a month so its getting a little late already.

Last edited:
i think we all have more confidence, but fact of the matter is his process has been irresponsible in regards to recruiting and selling your vision ...

We're already seeing the mindless slurpers emerge..... people need to chill with freaking out over others simply questioning Mario's decisions thus far. I mean go at the doomsday people sure, but getting ****ed at people for bringing up that this is starting to affect recruiting, for example, those are the truly annoying and stupid posters.

Advertisement
i think we all have more confidence, but fact of the matter is his process has been irresponsible in regards to recruiting and selling your vision ...
But at the same time Miami is about to have an insane amount of top end talent on campus soon. I think he understands that the transition class and fixing the recruiting is the biggest priority. Saban, Smart, Meyer have all said recruiting is the life blood of your program and high school are always posting pictures of Mario and others visiting them.

If my simple mind had to prioritize what was important.. I'd say that there isn't an impending drop dead date to hire a coach. But there is an impending drop dead date to sign unsigned recruits.

We're already seeing the mindless slurpers emerge..... people need to chill with freaking out over others simply questioning Mario's decisions thus far. I mean go at the doomsday people sure, but getting ****ed at people for bringing up that this is starting to affect recruiting, for example, those are the truly annoying and stupid posters.

How is it impacting recruiting? I keep seeing this being posted. Mario just landed elite players in the matter of weeks on campus.

How is there any reason to complain? Frustrated you have to wait for coaches, sure. Complaints? Not really a reason until he actually hires a staff and then we can judge.

Bunch of grown men crying like little babies.

TROB is by far the most overrated coach I've ever seen on CiS.

Good recruiter no doubt.

Can be replaced no doubt.

The obsession on here is strange with this dude, we already lost the better Auburn guy, it was Travis Williams. The CB and S play marginally improved and it wasn't because of him, it was because we added 5 star talent in Tyrique and Williams.

I looked over his 247 top recruits and even that is overrated. I stand by what I said earlier, the Bartender was a better coach and recruiter overall.

Would rather not have coaches that don't want to be in Miami. If you choose to stay in Arkansas or Toledo vs Miami, that says a lot about you. Unfortunate that TRob left, but he brought on great talent. With serviceable coaches, the team should do pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back