Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question — how is that dude on the same level as T-Rob? He seems like he has a bright future, but we don’t know for sure how well he would do at UM.

Genuine question - are you honestly asking this question? To quote Vito Corleone, YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!

Nobody has any guarantee "how well anyone would do at UM", so forgive me if I tell you that sounds like the most ridiculous question I've ever heard.

Someone chose to coach at Alabama over Miami. MOVE ON. What are we supposed to do, cry forever? Good lord, we all have to STFU and move on to the next guy. And if he "doesn't do well at UM", you give him the Bill Miller treatment and hire the 2023 version of 1999 Greg Schiano. What would you have us do, leave the coaching position open until we find a "dude on the same level as T-Rob"?

Look, I'm not happy that T-Rob left, but I'm not going to cry about it either.

And all the pvssies crying about Corey Raymond need to move on with their lives too. Corey Raymond isn't walking through that door.

Hire the best available coaches, and if they don't perform, replace them next year. It really isn't complicated. It's the 150-year story of college football.

And I'm sorry if all that sounds harsh, but we've literally gone through dozens of pages of people complaining about T-Rob and Corey Raymond. Corey Raymond had brief and legit interest in UM, but Gaypier moved so fast and decisively that the initial UM interest really didn't matter. I've already made it clear why Raymond jumped on the Gaytor offer and didn't wait even 24 extra hours to consider UM. He's with fellow Louisiana guys, and he gets a shot at revenge on LSU and Kelly. Oh, and we can mock "SEC-SEC-SEC", but some people really believe in that ****e. People act as if a Miami offer is so powerful that grown men are unable to say no, but people take certain jobs for a variety of reasons.

On to the next candidate. T-Rob is dead to me. Let's all try to act like men (and some very powerful women too).

Advertisement
That’s not ok. That shouldn’t fly here. There’s a lot of behind the scenes work that goes on from now until the end of February. Roster evals and prepping for weight room gains/losses, pre-spring installs, spring expectations, personal evals and self-scout, player meetings.. Not even mentioning signing day.

We’re totally fvcked if it takes anywhere near that long. Legitimately a month and a half behind EVERYONE in America.

I would also point out that what grogo said simply isn't true.

Mario's first year as HC at Oregon was Jim Leavitt's second year as DC at Oregon, as well as Arroyo's second year (first year as full OC, he was Co-OC with Mario in Year 1).

he's not? so we would be "totally ****ed," season over, wrap it up, can't win, didn't hire a DC on some arbitrary timeline? doesn't sound a little hysterical to you?
we need to hire two new coordinators installing new systems, he’s saying we can’t wait till end of feb for that

Curious how Mario will do with this big recruiting weekend when the kids don't even know who they will be starting a relationship with for their position groups
We got four Coaches haha, they’re all putting triple duty

Advertisement
Genuine question - are you honestly asking this question? To quote Vito Corleone, YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!

Nobody has any guarantee "how well anyone would do at UM", so forgive me if I tell you that sounds like the most ridiculous question I've ever heard.

Someone chose to coach at Alabama over Miami. MOVE ON. What are we supposed to do, cry forever? Good lord, we all have to STFU and move on to the next guy. And if he "doesn't do well at UM", you give him the Bill Miller treatment and hire the 2023 version of 1999 Greg Schiano. What would you have us do, leave the coaching position open until we find a "dude on the same level as T-Rob"?

Look, I'm not happy that T-Rob left, but I'm not going to cry about it either.

And all the pvssies crying about Corey Raymond need to move on with their lives too. Corey Raymond isn't walking through that door.

Hire the best available coaches, and if they don't perform, replace them next year. It really isn't complicated. It's the 150-year story of college football.

And I'm sorry if all that sounds harsh, but we've literally gone through dozens of pages of people complaining about T-Rob and Corey Raymond. Corey Raymond had brief and legit interest in UM, but Gaypier moved so fast and decisively that the initial UM interest really didn't matter. I've already made it clear why Raymond jumped on the Gaytor offer and didn't wait even 24 extra hours to consider UM. He's with fellow Louisiana guys, and he gets a shot at revenge on LSU and Kelly. Oh, and we can mock "SEC-SEC-SEC", but some people really believe in that ****e. People act as if a Miami offer is so powerful that grown men are unable to say no, but people take certain jobs for a variety of reasons.

On to the next candidate. T-Rob is dead to me. Let's all try to act like men (and some very powerful women too).
Spot on.

Advertisement
Why aren’t there individual threads for the individual updates about Candle and Briles?

I want to keep up with the latest going on but I wish it was easier to find what I’m looking for.

Why aren’t there individual threads for the individual updates about Candle and Briles?

I want to keep up with the latest going on but I wish it was easier to find what I’m looking for.
Candle turned us down, Briles is working the raise angle from Arky.

I don’t mind TRob leaving. It sucks but it what it is.

What is really aggravating is that this will probably push out the OC/DC hires at least another week.

Mario, you’re killing my productivity.

I don’t mind TRob leaving. It sucks but it what it is.

What is really aggravating is that this will probably push out the OC/DC hires at least another week.

Mario, you’re killing my productivity.
At this point you have go start putting deadlines on coaches to decide

Advertisement

Briles apparently wasn’t offered formally. Candle said nah fam

Here is the lowdown.

Trob is a good recruiter, but when Mario told him to get his *** out there at midnight and visit shemar until 3am...and get ready to hit the road at 8am to go to IMG. Trob said there aint enough coladas in Miami to match Mario's intensity.

He chose the easy route at Bama instead of grinding how Mario demands.

Advertisement
Here is the lowdown.

Trob is a good recruiter, but when Mario told him to get his *** out there at midnight and visit shemar until 3am...and get ready to hit the road at 8am to go to IMG. Trob said there aint enough coladas in Miami to match Mario's intensity.

He chose the easy route at Bama instead of grinding how Mario demands.
I don’t know about you but when I saw that 3 am picture of him, this is what I was thinking…

591267FB-8F91-451E-A17B-0866AC67FC45.gif

At this point if we don’t have both coordinators hired within a week, they better be nfl guys. My big thing isn’t that they haven’t been announced it’s that they clearly haven’t even been agreed to yet. Who the coordinator is is having an impact on us not getting position coaches especially defensively…. But like also why have we still not announced a TE coach?unless the potential OC coaches TEs that makes zero sense to not have hired someone yet, even less sense if it fields… Not having a DC is probably why we haven’t hired a db/Lb coach yet. But what about edge (olb/de)?

The main problem is you can not argue that only having one defensive coach -Salavea - is a good thing for recruiting when we have NSD approaching as well as a major 2023 class recruiting event. Idgaf how good of a recruiter Mario is, this is an event a **** load of elite prospects are coming to. even with cristobal overextending himself and us having 2x as many support people, that’s not good enough… these guys will be wanting to build relationships with their position coaches - especially if some are nfl guys. As long term sure it’s not the end of the world but ultimately there are still a lot of top prospects we are trying to sign, and starting off high with 2023 prospects is pretty important.

Im not even really worried that the hires will be good, but it’s having a negative affect on recruiting/portal and if it takes even longer the actual team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back