Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or that they were HIS top candidates? Fans have a list and no one really knows if it's remotely close to Mario's
Sigh…so is cribby’s list wrong? Because he mentioned Mason, not some pipe dream I created. Check the receipts.

Attachments

• B692E699-9A66-4830-9ED8-4F853FDC8C23.jpeg
    B692E699-9A66-4830-9ED8-4F853FDC8C23.jpeg
    662.2 KB · Views: 178
Advertisement
so you don't think we will have coordinators, te coach, lb coach in place by 2023? Way to overreact, friend. This prospect day is really to sell them Mario's vision for the program, spend time on campus, talk to current players, see facilities, etc.
So when does the fan base start getting worried about no coordinators? Is it February? Or does majority of the fan base not think it’s a big deal as long as their here for spring….. even though we’re installing two completely new systems on both sides of the ball.

Not at all imho, Mike said Miami did not offer him the job before Candle turned us down. Not after.
I'm just not so sure.

We have tons of pretty plugged in insiders saying Briles was offered.
- McMurphy is a clown but he's right a lot (been wrong on Miami a lot though).
- The same footballscoop article that alerted us to Candle and correctly claimed Candle was the top guy also claimed Briles was next up iirc.
- Arky 247 guys, who are pretty spot on, reported an offer.
- Chris Hummer at 247 reported an offer
- ESPN claiming Briles was offered

If I had to guess I'd say he wasn't offered, but I'm not entirely confident.

He didn’t hire his DC at Oregon when he came in until 2/28 I think…stop panicking
I am confused as to why him doing this before makes it a good idea? Do your background work, do your interviews, talk with your mentors, and make a decision. He is not building Little Boy here.

Unless I'm mistaken, Gaynor and Silvera have hit the portal since Mario arrived. Do people really think of those two as important enough pieces to call the portal an L when we've brought in Lichtenstein, Ladson, and Parrish?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm just not so sure.

We have tons of pretty plugged in insiders saying Briles was offered.
- McMurphy is a clown but he's right a lot (been wrong on Miami a lot though).
- The same footballscoop article that claimed Candle was the top guy and was offered also claimed Briles was next up iirc.
- Arky 247 guys, who are pretty spot on, reported an offer.
- Chris Hummer at 247 reported an offer
- ESPN claiming Briles was offered

If I had to guess I'd say he wasn't offered, but I'm not entirely confident.
You're taking a reasonable approach here but I'll also just say that CAA and ESPECIALLY Jimmy Sexton are masters at pulling this stuff for their clients too.

Not sure what makes me more upset: Briles turning us down or the fact that Briles wanted to come here and we didn't offer.

Anyway. Mike has been the guy, so I'll ride with him on this. But this does sound like spin/damage control.
I’ll side with Ruiz on this given the timing of the Briles “offer” came a day after Candle emerged as the number one target.

Straight leverage play. If he was offered prior, why wouldn’t he leak it before the footballscoop article?

Did you not know all 2023 recruits are going to make their decisions next weekend based on who the current coordinators are this coming weekend. If you do not believe it ask some of the posters on cis
The importance of Saturday is to get the kids on campus. The panic merchants are hilarious.

I am confused as to why him doing this before makes it a good idea? Do your background work, do your interviews, talk with your mentors, and make a decision. He is not building Little Boy here.
He hired him on 2/28 because Leavitt didn't leave until 2/14.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did you not know all 2023 recruits are going to make their decisions next weekend based on who the current coordinators are this coming weekend. If you do not believe it ask some of the posters on cis
I don’t think anyone is claiming that, to be fair.

The argument is….having them in place ASAP is paramount from a relationship-building standpoint.

Most of these recruits narrow down their lists of potential schools and make decisions based on how strong of a relationship they have with their future position coach, coordinator, and head coach.

In regards to having the staff complete for the recruiting weekend, these kids don't know if these coaches will be on staff or not if they enroll here the next year so it makes sense for the HC to be the point man. On the other hand, it would be much easier if the HC could key on the top targets while his coordinators deal with the rest.

Miami is as unique of a school and city as you'll find in the cfb landscape.

As such, you won't find any plugged in "insiders" at the national level.

There are barely any at the local level outside of this board.

You think that seals the deal for a 2023 recruit on January 22, 2022? You guys are a hoot.
Seals the deal? No. But if you all don’t think it’s important for these guys to start building relationships with the staff than I don’t know what to tell you. Look at the relationship skinner and field have, it was the deciding factor. So for this extremely impressive list of studs, we have 3 holes that could have been the start of a relationship. Face to face time too for these out of staters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back