Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked to a source, not on the UM side, but let's just say from the NFL.

It's been reported that Brian Daboll is the leading candidate to be the next Dolphins head coach, no surprise there.
They have done one round of interviews with him, but they will also be interviewing Leslie Frazier, although Frazier would like to be the next Bears head coach. Daboll's choice for his OC in Miami would be Ken Dorsey.

What has not been widely reported is that if Daboll leaves, Ken will also be the first choice to stay in Buffalo to be the new Bills OC. Also, if Frazier were to get the Bears (or the Dolphins job), Dorsey is his top choice for the OC job. So, it looks like Dorsey may have at least 3 OC offers in the NFL for next season from coaches/candidates depending upon how this all shakes out. Which is crazy, considering how unqualified he is to be an OC. (I know this because all the football geniuses on CIS said so, and they all took time from helping their mom fold laundry to let me know).

Dorsey may the OC at Miami, ... but not for the 'Canes.

Which means, his chances of being UM's OC went from 15% chance to about 2% chance. Stranger things have happened, but I don't expect Dorsey to be the UM OC/QB coach.

If he DOES end up at UM, it means three things: 1) he REALLY wants to be at UM and in college coaching, 2) they are paying him top dollar for a college OC, and 3) he's in it for the long haul.

But based on what I heard today, he's not going to be the guy.
I think most people with multiple brain cells knew that Dorsey was overqualified to be the OC here.

The others just need hindsight to help them a little bit.

Advertisement
Blame Mario
Super Mario Dancing GIF

It's been reported that Brian Daboll is the leading candidate to be the next Dolphins head coach, no surprise there.
They have done one round of interviews with him, but they will also be interviewing Leslie Frazier, although Frazier would like to be the next Bears head coach. Daboll's choice for his OC in Miami would be Ken Dorsey.

What has not been widely reported is that if Daboll leaves, Ken will also be the first choice to stay in Buffalo to be the new Bills OC. Also, if Frazier were to get the Bears (or the Dolphins job), Dorsey is his top choice for the OC job. So, it looks like Dorsey may have at least 3 OC offers in the NFL for next season from coaches/candidates depending upon how this all shakes out. Which is crazy, considering how unqualified he is to be an OC. (I know this because all the football geniuses on CIS said so, and they all took time from helping their mom fold laundry to let me know).

Which means, his chances of being UM's OC went from 15% chance to about 2% chance. Stranger things have happened, but I don't expect Dorsey to be the UM OC/QB coach.

If he DOES end up at UM, it means three things: 1) he REALLY wants to be at UM and in college coaching, 2) they are paying him top dollar for a college OC, and 3) he's in it for the long haul.

Great post man. Yeah good for the NFL but not for UM lol

Josh Allen>Justin Fields>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tua

I'd stay in Buffalo if I'm KD.

Advertisement
Josh Allen>Justin Fields>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tua

I'd stay in Buffalo if I'm KD.

If Dorsey can turn around the Bears offense, he will have his pick of NFL HC jobs.

Put it this way, everyone knows Buddy Ryan was the DC of the 1985 Bears. He got two NFL HC jobs (eagles, cards) based off that run.

Can anyone name the OC of Buffalo Bills during their 4 straight super bowl run?

Not all NFL jobs are the same.

If Dorsey can turn around the Bears offense, he will have his pick of NFL HC jobs.

Put it this way, everyone knows Buddy Ryan was the DC of the 1985 Bears. He got two NFL HC jobs (eagles, cards) based off that run.

Good point

Advertisement

But.....isn't that exactly what Daboll is doing right now? Parlaying his tenure as the Bills OC into a HC gig?

IMO, Dorsey's fastest path (Or any coordinator's) to the "next step" is as a successful Coordinator irrespective of where that happens. For OC's, it's always easiest if you've got a QB to take you there.

I think anyone being dumb about the Dorsey thing are those who keep boiling it down to “well the geniuses at CIS tell me he’s underqualified even though the NFL wants him”.

No one says Dorsey is underqualified. George Godsey is overqualified to be the Miami Hurricanes OC going off his resume. Anybody begging for him?

Lack of evidence of what he runs and what he’ll do in certain situations is the main concern. Anyone who can’t see why that might cause some nervousness about the hire are the ones with issues.

Advertisement

Would be cool with him as canes or dolphins coordinator. He would call plays with the bills where don’t see that if Dabol is the head coach of the dolphins. I would expect him to stay in Buffalo in this scenario but never really knowS

I think anyone being dumb about the Dorsey thing are those who keep boiling it down to “well the geniuses at CIS tell me he’s underqualified even though the NFL wants him”.

No one says Dorsey is underqualified. George Godsey is overqualified to be the Miami Hurricanes OC going off his resume. Anybody begging for him?

Lack of evidence of what he runs and what he’ll do in certain situations is the main concern. Anyone who can’t see why that might cause some nervousness about the hire are the ones with issues.

right. because those questions are never asked by head coaches or NFL GM's during an 8+ hour interview session.

it's mostly just about wether the candidate is ok with a job that involves travel, and if the team uniform matches with any of their favorite colors.

:stupid:

Jimmie Hendrix
Stevie Ray
Jimmy Page

A few more.
But I’ve posed this question and I get laughed at by rock and roll guys.
Should Prince be considered an all time great guitarist.

My opinion is 100 percent yes.
Strongly agree based off this clip alone.

Skip to 3:29 for Prince. The man was a musical genius and a lot of the greats will tell you his skill on the guitar was rivaled by few.

Edit: Just realized @Cryptical Envelopment basically said the same thing my b.

Advertisement
right. because those questions are never asked by head coaches or NFL GM's during an 8+ hour interview session.

it's mostly just about wether the candidate is ok with a job that involves travel, and if the team uniform matches with any of their favorite colors.

:stupid:
And I guess those decision makers never make bad hires, right? Coaching changes only happen because coaches die or retire. No coaches ever get fired after doing a bad job despite impressing in an interview.

Other than Ken Dorsey, Nathaniel Hackett & Joe Brady I can’t see too many NFL OC’s leaving their jobs to come here.

Most of them are primarily NFL guys that haven’t coached college in a long time.

Tim Kelly got fired from the Texans about a week before they just canned David Culley.

Other than that, not too many play callers look like they’d be interested in Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back