Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongly agree based off this clip alone.

Skip to 3:29 for Prince. The man was a musical genius and a lot of the greats will tell you his skill on the guitar was rivaled by few.

Edit: Just realized @Cryptical Envelopment basically said the same thing my b.

GOAT hands down. I watch this clip about 2x per year, and it gets better every time.

THe NYT article is amazing.

Advertisement
Who would you rather see perform live in their prime, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Stone Temple Pilots?

RHCP all day on that one. For the older heads, in their prime, The Police or The Clash?

I love the Clash but that’s tough.

Who would you rather see perform live in their prime, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Stone Temple Pilots?

RHCP all day on that one. For the older heads, in their prime, The Police or The Clash?

Saw both in their prime multiple times. Pilots were the better live band.

Talked to a source, not on the UM side, but let's just say from the NFL.

It's been reported that Brian Daboll is the leading candidate to be the next Dolphins head coach, no surprise there.
They have done one round of interviews with him, but they will also be interviewing Leslie Frazier, although Frazier would like to be the next Bears head coach. Daboll's choice for his OC in Miami would be Ken Dorsey.

What has not been widely reported is that if Daboll leaves, Ken will also be the first choice to stay in Buffalo to be the new Bills OC. Also, if Frazier were to get the Bears (or the Dolphins job), Dorsey is his top choice for the OC job. So, it looks like Dorsey may have at least 3 OC offers in the NFL for next season from coaches/candidates depending upon how this all shakes out. Which is crazy, considering how unqualified he is to be an OC. (I know this because all the football geniuses on CIS said so, and they all took time from helping their mom fold laundry to let me know).

Dorsey may the OC at Miami, ... but not for the 'Canes.

Which means, his chances of being UM's OC went from 15% chance to about 2% chance. Stranger things have happened, but I don't expect Dorsey to be the UM OC/QB coach.

If he DOES end up at UM, it means three things: 1) he REALLY wants to be at UM and in college coaching, 2) they are paying him top dollar for a college OC, and 3) he's in it for the long haul.

But based on what I heard today, he's not going to be the guy.
Hope they hire somebody to call plays for him. Lol

Advertisement
At the end of all of this, I just hope we get some scoop on the process and the candidates we were actually interested in, besides all the smoke and name throwing.
From what I gather, Mario’s main priority is always recruiting...

I think his approach is recruit first & then once recruiting is finished he’ll get everything in line as far as the staff is concerned, plus in the past Mario has sometimes lost coaches in late Jan-Feb. The WR coach he had before McClendon, Michael Johnson, he lost him in Jan 28 in 2019, the the coach he replaced him with was hired in Feb 2020, McClendon was hired in April of 2020.

In 2018, 4 of his coaches were hired between January 20th & February 20th.

When Marcus Arroyo got hired by UNLV in December 2019, he didn’t replace him until January 21st 2020.

He didn’t hire Andy Avalos until February 27th (however Jim Leavitt didn’t leave until a week before that).

And when Andy Avalos got the Boise ST job he didn’t replace him with Tim DeRuyter until January 22nd.

This has pretty much been Mario’s m/o, he cares about recruiting first & foremost above all, he’s not going to focus too hard on coordinator hires until he knows who he has wrapped up for 2022 class.

Which is why I don’t think the staff will be fully complete until either the week before NSD or at least a few weeks after.

However, there’s a chance we finally get the hires next week, given the timeline that he usually doesn’t make his coordinator hires until the week of January 20th.

If we don’t get any hires next week (hence why I kept making that joke) then if I was yall I would just wait until after NSD before you can expect the OC/DC to be hired & announced.

From what I gather, Mario’s main priority is always recruiting...

I think his approach is recruit first & then once recruiting is finished he’ll get everything in line as far as the staff is concerned, plus in the past Mario has sometimes lost coaches in late Jan-Feb. The WR coach he had before McClendon, Michael Johnson, he lost him in April.

In 2018, 4 of his coaches were hired between January 20th & February 20th.

When Marcus Arroyo got hired by UNLV in December 2019, he didn’t replace him until January 21st 2020.

He didn’t hire Andy Avalos until February 27th (however Jim Leavitt didn’t leave until a week before that).

And when Andy Avalos got the Boise ST job he didn’t replace him with Tim DeRuyter until January 22nd.

This has pretty much been Mario’s m/o, he cares about recruiting first & foremost above all, he’s not going to focus too hard on coordinator hires until he knows who he has wrapped up for 2022 class.

Which is why I don’t think the staff will be fully complete until either the week before NSD or at least a few weeks after.

However, there’s a chance we finally get the hires next week, given the timeline that he usually doesn’t make his coordinator hires until the week of January 20th.

If we don’t get any hires next week (hence why I kept making that joke) then if I was yall I would just wait until after NSD before you can expect the OC/DC to be hired & announced.
Makes sense...doesn't mean I agree with it; seems like it's an easy thing for other schools to use regarding negative recruiting tactics. Furthermore, we all saw how the Miami media (and to a lesser extent, national writers) started spewing nonsense and planting theories the longer everyone was kept in the dark.

If anyone can off-set that, it's Mario and the guys we currently have on staff as beast recruiters. Still sucks to not have any sort of idea concerning coordinators, but that's just my stance; and I'm merely a fan just like everyone else. Mario's going to do what he think is best for the program, so just have to roll with it and wait for the announcements.

Advertisement
Saw them all in their prime. My ranking would be Jane's, then Rhcp, then stp.

Also unbelievable back then was Rage Against the Machine.
Saw Jane's at Bayfront Ampitheater with Suicidal Tendencies opening. Amazing show. Was also backstage there for a Rollins Band/Cypress Hill/Beastie Boys show. CRAZY TIMES.

Loved the perks of working at WVUM when I was in school.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I've seen all of the above.

The Clash. Hands down. The Clash.

Then RHCP, the Police, and STP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back