Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talked to a source, not on the UM side, but let's just say from the NFL.

It's been reported that Brian Daboll is the leading candidate to be the next Dolphins head coach, no surprise there.
They have done one round of interviews with him, but they will also be interviewing Leslie Frazier, although Frazier would like to be the next Bears head coach. Daboll's choice for his OC in Miami would be Ken Dorsey.

What has not been widely reported is that if Daboll leaves, Ken will also be the first choice to stay in Buffalo to be the new Bills OC. Also, if Frazier were to get the Bears (or the Dolphins job), Dorsey is his top choice for the OC job. So, it looks like Dorsey may have at least 3 OC offers in the NFL for next season from coaches/candidates depending upon how this all shakes out. Which is crazy, considering how unqualified he is to be an OC. (I know this because all the football geniuses on CIS said so, and they all took time from helping their mom fold laundry to let me know).

Dorsey may the OC at Miami, ... but not for the 'Canes.

Which means, his chances of being UM's OC went from 15% chance to about 2% chance. Stranger things have happened, but I don't expect Dorsey to be the UM OC/QB coach.

If he DOES end up at UM, it means three things: 1) he REALLY wants to be at UM and in college coaching, 2) they are paying him top dollar for a college OC, and 3) he's in it for the long haul.

But based on what I heard today, he's not going to be the guy.

Oh well this will add a month and 1500 hundred pages to this thread…good thing Gaytor Tears had a big head start or this thread might run it down…

Advertisement
I saw the Police in the OB in 82 and saw an unbelievable doubleheader of the Foo Fighters opening up for the chili peppers around 98.

Along with early Pearl Jam, the FFs, both of which I’ve now seen four of five times, are the best I’ve ever seen live.
Muse are the best band I've seen live (seen the Foo's once, they were great too) - they're just brilliant.

In terms of crowd euphoria, watching Oasis play at the Etihad Stadium (home of their beloved Manchester City) was pretty special, even if the band themselves haven't stood the test of time. 50,000 Mancunians singing every lyric of every song back to their hometown heroes... yeah, doesn't get much more feel-good than that.

Muse are the best band I've seen live (seen the Foo's once, they were great too) - they're just brilliant.

In terms of crowd euphoria, watching Oasis play at the Etihad Stadium (home of their beloved Manchester City) was pretty special, even if the band themselves haven't stood the test of time. 50,000 Mancunians singing every lyric of every song back to their hometown heroes... yeah, doesn't get much more feel-good than that.
Many moons ago, my camp counselor grew up down the street from Liam Gallagher when he lived in London after they made it big. He had many, many stories that I only wish I could remember.

Many moons ago, my camp counselor grew up down the street from Liam Gallagher when he lived in London after they made it big. He had many, many stories that I only wish I could remember.
My dad is from Burnage - everyone round there has a 'Gallagher' story. Money did them no favours if we're honest!

Advertisement
I saw the Police in the OB in 82 and saw an unbelievable doubleheader of the Foo Fighters opening up for the chili peppers around 98.

Along with early Pearl Jam, the FFs, both of which I’ve now seen four of five times, are the best I’ve ever seen live.

Well done homie!!

From what I gather, Mario’s main priority is always recruiting...

I think his approach is recruit first & then once recruiting is finished he’ll get everything in line as far as the staff is concerned, plus in the past Mario has sometimes lost coaches in late Jan-Feb. The WR coach he had before McClendon, Michael Johnson, he lost him in Jan 28 in 2019, the the coach he replaced him with was hired in Feb 2020, McClendon was hired in April of 2020.

In 2018, 4 of his coaches were hired between January 20th & February 20th.

When Marcus Arroyo got hired by UNLV in December 2019, he didn’t replace him until January 21st 2020.

He didn’t hire Andy Avalos until February 27th (however Jim Leavitt didn’t leave until a week before that).

And when Andy Avalos got the Boise ST job he didn’t replace him with Tim DeRuyter until January 22nd.

This has pretty much been Mario’s m/o, he cares about recruiting first & foremost above all, he’s not going to focus too hard on coordinator hires until he knows who he has wrapped up for 2022 class.

Which is why I don’t think the staff will be fully complete until either the week before NSD or at least a few weeks after.

However, there’s a chance we finally get the hires next week, given the timeline that he usually doesn’t make his coordinator hires until the week of January 20th.

If we don’t get any hires next week (hence why I kept making that joke) then if I was yall I would just wait until after NSD before you can expect the OC/DC to be hired & announced.

You can't be so logical about this. Pick some random date and then go bonkers when nothing happens.

Advertisement
Talked to a source, not on the UM side, but let's just say from the NFL.

It's been reported that Brian Daboll is the leading candidate to be the next Dolphins head coach, no surprise there.
They have done one round of interviews with him, but they will also be interviewing Leslie Frazier, although Frazier would like to be the next Bears head coach. Daboll's choice for his OC in Miami would be Ken Dorsey.

What has not been widely reported is that if Daboll leaves, Ken will also be the first choice to stay in Buffalo to be the new Bills OC. Also, if Frazier were to get the Bears (or the Dolphins job), Dorsey is his top choice for the OC job. So, it looks like Dorsey may have at least 3 OC offers in the NFL for next season from coaches/candidates depending upon how this all shakes out. Which is crazy, considering how unqualified he is to be an OC. (I know this because all the football geniuses on CIS said so, and they all took time from helping their mom fold laundry to let me know).

Dorsey may the OC at Miami, ... but not for the 'Canes.

Which means, his chances of being UM's OC went from 15% chance to about 2% chance. Stranger things have happened, but I don't expect Dorsey to be the UM OC/QB coach.

If he DOES end up at UM, it means three things: 1) he REALLY wants to be at UM and in college coaching, 2) they are paying him top dollar for a college OC, and 3) he's in it for the long haul.

But based on what I heard today, he's not going to be the guy.
That sucks

Advertisement
May just clog some arteries while I wait, *** it, I’m going in.we should have some announcements by the time I finish.
This is going to take awhile

Attachments

• 093659B7-6785-4F2D-B441-A96565AFF203.jpeg
    093659B7-6785-4F2D-B441-A96565AFF203.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 49
Who would you rather see perform live in their prime, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Stone Temple Pilots?

RHCP all day on that one. For the older heads, in their prime, The Police or The Clash?

I love the Clash but that’s tough.
Fan of these bands but I am an older head so did not watch RHCP or STP live.

I saw the Police 3x and The Clash once. Police hands down but the pre-Synchronicity stuff.

The thing that really helps 2016 is the early commitment of QB Jack Allison. QB's usually stick and with him in the bag, the skill guys are gonna wanna play with him. Now if we can get Gibson somehow this year then this class might get decent. Irvin and Johnson I think are coming but ya never know.

Scarlett is coming. If Walton stays in the '16 class then I think we can keep Williams, Cronkite, and Scarlett with Williams being an athlete playing reciever and running back. Cronkite only wants two running backs in this class so it's important that Walton maybe stays in his class. Williams seems to be on board with the athlete role.

Recruiting.. . trending up

Now if this ************ would fix the god **** defense, we might be able to recruit DT's

:pgdead:

Advertisement
While the OB was great, the Sportatorium in Pembroke Pines was the chit.

So many great shows...Rush (almost a riot cuz of the delayed start), Van Halen, AC/DC, ZZ Top, U2 during their first US tour (amazing show), The Police, Billy Joel (numerous times), and many, many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back