Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
While the OB was great, the Sportatorium in Pembroke Pines was the chit.

So many great shows...Rush (almost a riot cuz of the delayed start), Van Halen, AC/DC, ZZ Top, U2 during their first US tour (amazing show), The Police, Billy Joel (numerous times), and many, many more.
Smokatorium was awesome. Saw Kiss, VH, Pat Travers

Fan of these bands but I am an older head so did not watch RHCP or STP live.

I saw the Police 3x and The Clash once. Police hands down but the pre-Synchronicity stuff.
I saw the Police the first time they came to the states in the early 70’s in a nightclub on 441 in Hallandale. They hadn’t hit it big yet and we’re hitting as many small venues as possible.

Advertisement
@PIPO

ZomboMeme 05012022165018.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
While the OB was great, the Sportatorium in Pembroke Pines was the chit.

So many great shows...Rush (almost a riot cuz of the delayed start), Van Halen, AC/DC, ZZ Top, U2 during their first US tour (amazing show), The Police, Billy Joel (numerous times), and many, many more.
The sporto for me and I'm sure I missed some:
Van Halen, ac/dc, rush, Bob seger, Jethro Tull, heart, John cougar, def Leppard, Stevie nicks, Judas priest, iron maiden,

Grattin Dog is a really nice spot. I used to go to the tamale place that used to be in that location all the time, then one day I show up and it's Grattin Dog instead. Figured why not? Glad I did, because it was fantastic
Cholo dogs is better. But grattin is nice

Advertisement
How about the old Sunrise Theatre (can't recall the exact name) but I saw Cheap Trick, INXS, Eddie Murphy, Stray Cats and others.
I saw cheap trick in a bar in cocoa beach in the early 90s. Funny story, Robin Zandars daughter was a senior at my daughter's high school when she was a freshman in 2019 here in Tampa. I talked with him a few times and told him I was his biggest fan in 78. It was sureal being dad's together at school because I was a little kid when I idolized them in the 70s He is quite the family man now.

The sporto for me and I'm sure I missed some:
Van Halen, ac/dc, rush, Bob seger, Jethro Tull, heart, John cougar, def Leppard, Stevie nicks, Judas priest, iron maiden,
Jethro Tull was on my bucket list. Came close to me 7-8;years ago but tickets sold out so fast, I missed out.

I saw cheap trick in a bar in cocoa beach in the early 90s. Funny story, Robin Zandars daughter was a senior at my daughter's high school when she was a freshman in 2019 here in Tampa. I talked with him a few times and told him I was his biggest fan in 78. It was sureal being dad's together at school because I was a little kid when I idolized them in the 70s He is quite the family man now.
That’s a great story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back