Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
8E8189EE-56FF-41EA-826C-CF2F71446B7B.gif

Other than Ken Dorsey, Nathaniel Hackett & Joe Brady I can’t see too many NFL OC’s leaving their jobs to come here.

Most of them are primarily NFL guys that haven’t coached college in a long time.

Tim Kelly got fired from the Texans about a week before they just canned David Culley.

Other than that, not too many play callers look like they’d be interested in Miami.
What about Eagles QB Coach Brian Johnson who worked with Trask at UF and now he is making Hurts look good. I have dreamed about the Urban Meyer, Dan Mullen or Tom Herman offense here for forever. I don't think we can get one of them but sure could get someone like Brian Johnson who most likely could run the same offense. It appears as though Brian may have helped the current OC install some things to help Hurts. that offense adjusts well to Pro Style QB's like Trask or Haskins or Dual Threat QB's like Tebow, Ehlinger, Fields, Alex Smith, etcetera so I believe the offense adjusts very well to either TVD, Garcia and Brown. The offense has also given both Bama and UGA defenses fits at times.

I love the Sean Lewis guy also though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What about Eagles QB Coach Brian Johnson who worked with Trask at UF and now he is making Hurts look good. I have dreamed about the Urban Meyer, Dan Mullen or Tom Herman offense here for forever. I don't think we can get one of them but sure could get someone like Brian Johnson who most likely could run the same offense. It appears as though Brian may have helped the current OC install some things to help Hurts. that offense adjusts well to Pro Style QB's like Trask or Haskins or Dual Threat QB's like Tebow, Ehlinger, Fields, Alex Smith, etcetera so I believe the offense adjusts very well to either TVD, Garcia and Brown.

He wasn’t good as an oc at uh. The guy that replaced him and immediately made the offense better is a significantly more interesting candidate. Sean lewis would be awesome too.

Other than Ken Dorsey, Nathaniel Hackett & Joe Brady I can’t see too many NFL OC’s leaving their jobs to come here.

Most of them are primarily NFL guys that haven’t coached college in a long time.

Tim Kelly got fired from the Texans about a week before they just canned David Culley.

Other than that, not too many play callers look like they’d be interested in Miami.
You think Hackett would leave his job as an NFL OC to take a college OC job? He’s the OC of arguably the leagues best team and is getting multiple interviews for NFL HC jobs. Are you insane? He wouldn’t leave his job for Bama, let alone Miami.

He wasn’t good as an oc at uh. The guy that replaced him and immediately made the offense better is a significantly more interesting candidate. Sean lewis would be awesome too.
Was just coming to post this. Houston's offense was significantly better the year before and the year after Brian Johnson was calling the plays. Of course he may have improved since then but not a great showing so far.

Advertisement
What about Eagles QB Coach Brian Johnson who worked with Trask at UF and now he is making Hurts look good. I have dreamed about the Urban Meyer, Dan Mullen or Tom Herman offense here for forever. I don't think we can get one of them but sure could get someone like Brian Johnson who most likely could run the same offense. It appears as though Brian may have helped the current OC install some things to help Hurts. that offense adjusts well to Pro Style QB's like Trask or Haskins or Dual Threat QB's like Tebow, Ehlinger, Fields, Alex Smith, etc.

His name was mentioned much much earlier in the thread.

I think he could be good, he’s a young guy from the TX High School system & is rising name in the business.

The first time ever as a play caller was at Houston with D’Eriq King as an OC under Captain Doofus Major Applewhite.

The 2020 UF offense was (as much I hate them), really good, I don’t know if he or Mullen called plays, but there was a significant difference once Brian Johnson & Kyle Pitts left.

If Dorsey decides to stay in the NFL & we can get Brian Johnson, I wouldn’t be against it.

Sean Lewis would be at the top of the list of names that have been mentioned, I just have a hard time believing that a guy who was a P5 OC & earned a G5 HC job would go back to being a P5 OC, only to possibly get another G5 HC job lol.

He’s done a really good job getting Kent ST back to being competitive & respectable, he’s already kinda in line to get a P5 job next offseason, other than money, I can’t see too many scenarios where he would leave.

However, if that were to happen, we would be favorited to win the ACC this year IMO.

What about Eagles QB Coach Brian Johnson who worked with Trask at UF and now he is making Hurts look good. I have dreamed about the Urban Meyer, Dan Mullen or Tom Herman offense here for forever. I don't think we can get one of them but sure could get someone like Brian Johnson who most likely could run the same offense. It appears as though Brian may have helped the current OC install some things to help Hurts. that offense adjusts well to Pro Style QB's like Trask or Haskins or Dual Threat QB's like Tebow, Ehlinger, Fields, Alex Smith, etcetera so I believe the offense adjusts very well to either TVD, Garcia and Brown. The offense has also given both Bama and UGA defenses fits at times.

You keep that name out of your mouth!!! Lol

He stays with my Eagles.

So can I talk about the time I met The Junkyard Dog in person?
I did also. Wwf would come to local arena in early 80s. Small place. My grandpa was a custodian. His buddy would let us in the back door and add two seats right in front. The trip to the seats lead right through the backstage area. Got to meet all the wrestlers. Hogan, Backland, JYD etc. JYD asked if i wanted to come in ring after his match to dance. A 5 year old me tore the house down

Advertisement
You think Hackett would leave his job as an NFL OC to take a college OC job? He’s the OC of arguably the leagues best team and is getting multiple interviews for NFL HC jobs. Are you insane? He wouldn’t leave his job for Bama, let alone Miami.
No I don’t, that was basically the point of that comment.

There’s very few NFL OC’s who would leave their current job to come to Miami & the guys I mentioned are really the only ones with a modicum of college connection & even most of them aren’t really considering leaving.

Advertisement
Who would you rather see perform live in their prime, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Stone Temple Pilots?

RHCP all day on that one. For the older heads, in their prime, The Police or The Clash?

I love the Clash but that’s tough.
STP and I already seen them.

Police over the Clash

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back