Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
With McClendon on board that means our other co-OC has to have a QB background, which leaves pretty much every OC accept for Joe Brady.

So, there's that?

Not necessarily. That QB coach title is a lot more arbitrary than people give credit imo. Generally, any coordinator would want to have a direct connection with the trigger man, regardless of background.

Advertisement
I never understood this. I your already eating 2000 calories worth of schit. Your better off with the diet coke than 2100 calories worth of schit. Those 100 calories add up. If you do that 3x a day thats 300 cals a day. 109,575 cals a year. If your maintaining your weight with your current diet while drinking 300 cals of soda a day. If you just switch to diet. in under 2 weeks you would lose a pound.
Lost 30 lbs last year. This was one of the first changes I made along with some portion control and less snacking and that's all I needed. Crazy how unhealthy the **** is.

The only person I would be disappointed with for the other C-OC position is Coley.

Unpopular opinion, but I would even be cool with Ponce, but Coley would be wholly underwhelming.

Thinking it’s Dorsey at this point, because why would Briles or Brady come to be CO anything?

With McClendon’s title, I think it’s either Dorsey or Ponce and I’m betting it’s Dorsey, which is A-OK with me.

Reactions: sml
The only person I would be disappointed with for the other C-OC position is Coley.

Unpopular opinion, but I would even be cool with Ponce, but Coley would be wholly underwhelming.

Thinking it’s Dorsey at this point, because why would Briles or Brady come to be CO anything?

With McClendon’s title, I think it’s either Dorsey or Ponce and I’m betting it’s Dorsey, which is A-OK with me.
Briles or Brady wouldn't come to be co OC .. they would be OC .. and McClendon might have a Co Oc Title .. for salary bump reasons. Briles or Brady would be calling plays period.

Advertisement

This was my thought originally but there a plenty of programs that have an OC and a co-OC underneath them.

So McClendon being co-OC doesn’t limit who we hire as OC.

Advertisement
I'm on board with whoever Mario chooses as OC and DC including Ken Dorsey. If we collectively believe that Mario is the ONE then at least give him a chance to prove it. Fans still can turn on him in couple of years if his choices prove busts.

To sit here and claim to know about coordinators more than a highly qualified person is overreach. If you we don't believe Mario is highly qualified to make these decisions then he can't be the ONE most fans believe he is.
I believe he is a very good coach, but I also look at his past track record as evidence for the types of hires he’s made.

His OC hires from FIU to Oregon have never really been that great, Satterfield might be the best one & the App St/Louisville offense isn’t exactly what I would call championship level.

I can’t say he’s “the ONE” until we actually win on the field & it’s proven, we all hope he is & he certainly will be the best recruiter we’ve had in a very long time, but blind faith isn’t necessarily the wisest route to take.

There are a lot of parallels between us & Michigan with the Harbaugh hire, the hope is that we can get over the hump faster than they did & that we won’t fold up in big games like they normally do. But even if we do, it would be a significant improvement from where we’ve been the last 20 years & most fans would take that over being 7-5 every year.

It’s better to be a team in contention & on the precipice of the playoffs than never have a shot at all.

I’ll take that all day.

Is there any way to put this post in size 8 billion font, or like a pop-up when you login to the site so people don't keep saying the same dumb **** over and over and over?

MCCLENDON'S CO-OC TITLE IS JUST THAT. A TITLE. A COUPLE WORDS ON A BUSINESS CARD. HE IS NOT THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. IT WILL NOT DETER AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR FROM BEING HIRED. HE HAS THIS TITLE BECAUSE HE HAS OTHER SUITORS AND, IN ORDER FOR MARIO TO GET HIM, YOU PUT THOSE WORDS ON YOUR RESUME AND PAYSTUB TO GIVE YOU MORE MONEY NOW AND LEVERAGE IN THE FUTURE. PERIOD. THAT'S IT.

Is there any way to put this post in size 8 billion font, or like a pop-up when you login to the site so people don't keep saying the same dumb **** over and over and over?

MCCLENDON'S CO-OC TITLE IS JUST THAT. A TITLE. A COUPLE WORDS ON A BUSINESS CARD. HE IS NOT THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. IT WILL NOT DETER AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR FROM BEING HIRED. HE HAS THIS TITLE BECAUSE HE HAS OTHER SUITORS AND, IN ORDER FOR MARIO TO GET HIM, YOU PUT THOSE WORDS ON YOUR RESUME AND PAYSTUB TO GIVE YOU MORE MONEY NOW AND LEVERAGE IN THE FUTURE. PERIOD. THAT'S IT.
Absolutely. Just look at Mario's staff titles in Oregon.
-Tim Deruyter Defensive Coordinator .. called the plays .. period.
-K. Wilson Co DC / LB Coach .. coached linebackers .. period. Had a nice business card.
-Alex Mirabal -Associate Head Coach / OL .. coached offensive line .. period.
-Salave'a - Associate Head Coach / DL .. coached defensive line .. period.

People freaking out because B. Mac has "Co OC" potentially added to his title is amusing. He has been a WR coach for 6 years. NOBODY goes from WR coach to play calling .. ever .. anywhere. **** .. I sure hope Mario announces his full staff soon because I am learning more than I really want to know about some posters on CIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back