Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to put this post in size 8 billion font, or like a pop-up when you login to the site so people don't keep saying the same dumb **** over and over and over?

MCCLENDON'S CO-OC TITLE IS JUST THAT. A TITLE. A COUPLE WORDS ON A BUSINESS CARD. HE IS NOT THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. IT WILL NOT DETER AN OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR FROM BEING HIRED. HE HAS THIS TITLE BECAUSE HE HAS OTHER SUITORS AND, IN ORDER FOR MARIO TO GET HIM, YOU PUT THOSE WORDS ON YOUR RESUME AND PAYSTUB TO GIVE YOU MORE MONEY NOW AND LEVERAGE IN THE FUTURE. PERIOD. THAT'S IT.
Stop yelling. We’re bringing in Dorsey to build for 5 years from now when we build the OL…. 🤯

Hysteria ensues….

Advertisement
Dorsey would be an extremely underwhelming hire. I'm sure that he can game plan and call plays on the college level but can or does he even want to recruit? Can he coach young kids? Can he evaluate 17-year-olds? This is Mario's most important hire and cannot be botched - for that reason give me a guy who has a proven track record of doing the above. If money isn't an issue then Dorsey shouldn't even be considered.

Say Jerry Jeudy without saying the words Jerry Jeudy.

Am I doing it right?
The funny thing is all these pages have not hired the coordinators yet
Absolutely. Just look at Mario's staff titles in Oregon.
-Tim Deruyter Defensive Coordinator .. called the plays .. period.
-K. Wilson Co DC / LB Coach .. coached linebackers .. period. Had a nice business card.
-Alex Mirabal -Associate Head Coach / OL .. coached offensive line .. period.
-Salave'a - Associate Head Coach / DL .. coached defensive line .. period.

People freaking out because B. Mac has "Co OC" potentially added to his title is amusing. He has been a WR coach for 6 years. NOBODY goes from WR coach to play calling .. ever .. anywhere. **** .. I sure hope Mario announces his full staff soon because I am learning more than I really want to know about some posters on CIS.
You see this all across college football. Some here change tampons hourly

Dorsey would be an extremely underwhelming hire. I'm sure that he can game plan and call plays on the college level but can or does he even want to recruit? Can he coach young kids? Can he evaluate 17-year-olds? This is Mario's most important hire and cannot be botched - for that reason give me a guy who has a proven track record of doing the above. If money isn't an issue then Dorsey shouldn't even be considered.
If young kids won't listen to someone who played QB at a high level and coached an MVP and a runner-up MVP, they shouldn't be the ones on the team, not Dorsey.

Jfc why does this even need to be said...

Notice how recruiting, experience and longevity gets brought up with any other potential coach but is ignored by the homers when it comes to Dorsey.

Advertisement
-K. Wilson Co DC / LB Coach .. coached linebackers .. period. Had a nice business card.

People freaking out because B. Mac has "Co OC" potentially added to his title is amusing. He has been a WR coach for 6 years. NOBODY goes from WR coach to play calling .. ever .. anywhere. **** .. I sure hope Mario announces his full staff soon because I am learning more than I really want to know about some posters on CIS.
1641323065299.jpeg

Advertisement

I do not think that CO means anything as well, but he was the OC at USC for a couple years.

I agree with @Liberty City El . Dorsey should be the guy because the end goal is to play that UGA/Bama brand of ball with huge dudes on both lines of scrimmage. He has a great track record with QBs also which is perfect for TVD. We aren't going to run the Air Raid even though that fits our 2021 personnel best because that's not Mario's brand of football. We are a soft as **** team both physically and mentally. We got to think long game here and let him build up via recruiting and transfer portal. Not saying we should not still win right away because the ACC is wide open but we arent anywhere near competing with the big boys.
You see what you have created, @Liberty City El ???
black and white train GIF

Burning Tom Hanks GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I’m not in favor of Dorsey as OC, but I hope he is the hire.

It’s mainly a projection of what kind of play caller & designer he’ll be, assuming we run the Bills Daboll offense, it’s a question mark as to whether or not it would work at Miami. Daboll’s offense worked at Bama because it’s an NFL style Offense & Bama has NFL OLineman, Miami does not, but either way might as well try it.

My stance was always rooted in the idea that we have an offense that is talented enough & good enough to go on a run this season, but realistically speaking that’s probably a lofty expectations not really rooted in much more than Homerism. I’ve stopped caring about “winning now” & think the focus is about winning for the future, so I’m good with whatever growing pains there may be with the initial offensive change. It’s gonna be long season ahead & it will be filled with ups & downs, hopefully we can just pull out W’s when it matters most.

There are other offenses that I feel are more conducive to a quicker transition with our personnel, but obviously that’s a different direction, so lets just build it from square one & see where we are come September/October.

Regardless of who the hire is, I’m on board, even if I disagree I will not be super critical & I can assure you I won’t say a word. Just don’t hire Ponce or Arroyo’s bum *** & everything’s all good in my book lol.

(And no I’m not joking or being sarcastic or trolling)
Heart Attack GIF

Advertisement

Dabo went from WR coach to interim Head Coach and immediately fired the OC and took over as OC. Just saying....

Advertisement
Aside from the CO-OC semantics, who are we getting in Bryan McClendon? Some cliff notes:
  • 38 year old who played HS ball in ATL and played ball at UGA.
  • Cut his teeth as a coach at UGA for multiple years.
  • Then, held the CO-OC/WR role at South Carolina.
  • Worked under Mario for two years at Oregon in a similar role as PGR/WR coach.
  • Know as a relentless recruiter with extremely strong ties to the Southeast.
  • Leader of men and future HC one day.

He was actually full play-calling OC at USCe for a bit. He's a stud.

Notice how recruiting, experience and longevity gets brought up with any other potential coach but is ignored by the homers when it comes to Dorsey.

Notice how "the OC doesn't need to recruit" gets brought up with any other potential coach, but is forgotten by the Dorsey-haters when it comes to Dorsey.

See how easy that is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back