Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He told us or we told him I wonder

Chris Farley Idk GIF

Advertisement
Not that anyone cares but I figure I'll throw it in this thread b/c why not. But I am having to put my dog down today and it sucks. He was my Miami game homie during the season :(

Man that’s tough sorry to hear that. My dog has been dealing with some health issues and I can’t Imagine the day this has to happen.

Man’s best friend and anyone who hasn’t had a dog truly doesn’t understand.

Advertisement
Not that anyone cares but I figure I'll throw it in this thread b/c why not. But I am having to put my dog down today and it sucks. He was my Miami game homie during the season :(
Sorry to hear this. It's really one of the hardest things.

Say what you will about Peter King but he wrote one of the best tributes to a dog that I've seen.

It's at the very end under "Requiem for a Dog":

But this specific part and especially the last two sentences are usually what I share with people when they're going through a day today like you are:

"But by my calculations, we had Bailey in our lives for 159 months. I will endure a few weeks of the occasional dark thought, and I will think: Pretty good trade, 159 months of companionship and friendship and unconditional love for one or three months when sadness creeps in. In fact, that’s a fantastic trade. I feel the same as I did when Woody died: The easiest way to not feel this grief is to never have a dog. And what an empty life that would be."

Last edited:
Anything more than expectations of about 9 wins is a bit much imo. Hope? Thats a different story. Lets all hope to run the table. But there is a difference between hope and expectations. Mario is not the quick fix guy. The type of impact suited for his strengths are not typically seen right away. We have TVD and that is a big chess piece. But we have some issues. Our front 7 is not good and deep. We arent getting pressure rushing 4. We are going to get carved up at times during a game. Tough to ask TVD to bail us out every time.
Here is the way I look at it.
We won 8 games this year. We have 2 major losses; Rambo and Harley. We lost Nesta, McCloud and a few others, but they are replaceable based on their production last year. Assuming that a few guys improve production at WR, and we have more healthy running backs, our offense will be as good as last year if we get an OC who can make use of outstanding weapons at every skill position.

On defense our back 4 should be much better with Rique returning (biggest off season decision) and the continued maturation of the law firm of Williams, Williams and Kichens. Our linebackers should be better with Chase playing more, Steed's continued improvement and Flagg being 2nd string (hope springs eternal). We have work to do on the line but LT will be better as will Harvey and Williams.

We won 8 games last year and played against a better ACC which included Pickett, Howell and the UVA quarterback. With our improvement, and the decline of quarterbacks in the ACC, we should be the best team on our side and battle Clemson. And with the best QB in the conference we should be favored in every game other than Clemson, and possibly against Clemson.

Advertisement
Then why didn't we blow out teams like GT this year?

We have the most delusional fanbase in any sport, ever. It sucks because as soon as Cristobal loses a game people will trash him and say how Lane wouldve won by 70. The 2001 team didn't even blow everyone out. Last years Bama team had a bunch of close games.

We have around top 13-15 talent and a very good QB. Expecting an easy walk into the playoffs is just delusional. Clemson and A&M both would be major upsets, at the very least
Because we had one of the worst P5 defenses in the country. Just bringing in a professional DC will greatly improve the defensive performance.

Before we claim what we will and will not be in 2022, how about we finish up 2022 recruiting and see how we finish in the portal?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back