Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Just in case anyone was wondering, McClendon is making $700k in Athens)

Bobo, who will be paid $100,000 a year by Georgia, was owed $2.6 million through Jan. 31, 2024 by Auburn after he was fired as offensive coordinator following one season, according to the Montgomery Advertiser.

:LOL:

Advertisement
That’s why I’ve wagered my account. Too many guys sitting here waiting on a call back that would be on a flight the same day to come here to resort to Ponce.

I did enjoy the doomsday that was happening on here for a little bit, though.

Ponce still isn’t the worst thing that could happen. That’s James Coley.
Coley is a weeb

Feldman said 20 in a podcast but he said in the context of all assistant openings and he said it like this …“Mario is being thorough, I (Feldman) have spoke with 20 people who have spoke with him about positions”. Now for all openings on the staff Mario probably with more than 20 people but Feldman only knows about those 20.

Fat Manny sounds like he just regurgitated Feldman’s info but didn’t provide the context.
We know we can't trust any reporter lol

Advertisement
Hey Im an eternal optimist, so you wont get a strong arguement from this guy.

You make valid points. I do worry or at least factor in a few other things. We are going to go through a major cultural change. How long does it take us to come together and find our identity? That stuff matters in close games, not on the stat sheet. TVD doesnt even have a playbook yet hahaha. How long will it take to implement the entire book and get the timing down with the O.

The ACC is down, but we arent there yet where @VA, @VT, Pitt, NC are games Im going to dismiss. I think we will get there under Mario....speaking of, history tells us our boy finds a way to lose a head scratcher every year.

On the field, I worry about the D over 4 quarters. Rique is the recruiting win of the season. But unless teams are going with 1 man routes, we have some issues and are going to get burnt here and there. I really worry about the front 7. Pressure/sacks will be low imo unless we dial it up often with blitzes and win the battle on 1st down. I dont think I can go another season watching so many missed/broken tackles. I just want fundamental/sound D. You arent going to shut down offenses anymore, but dang, can we drag a guy down after 4 yards when we have him squared up.

Hey, we still dont know what wizard we will get for an OC and we are only half way through Portal season. Lots can happen. Maybe Im thinking more along the lines of a bookie than a fan hahaha. 9 wins for me it is...taking bets now!
Great points and all legit areas of concern.
Let me pose this question (not that this means much). Barring an injury to TVD, do you agree that UM will be favored for every ACC game except Clemson?

Advertisement
Would have been good and entertaining for a time before the train derailed. He is not a program sustainer. Mario is building the cornerstone that will maintain the program for years to come.
Exactly what Therichtshow said about getting more physical. Look at the hires so far. From the strength and conditioning to Mario himself and Steele as the DC. All are going to bring a more physical team. I can't wait!

Great points and all legit areas of concern.
Let me pose this question (not that this means much). Barring an injury to TVD, do you agree that UM will be favored for every ACC game except Clemson?
Oh yeah. I can’t see Vegas not favoring us every ACC game except Clemson. TVD alone would swing a close/away game if things got close on the line. I think it’s actually a great year timing wise for Mario to get through year 1.

Until I see us mentally/physically tough enough with sound fundamentals to pair with the talent, there will be a stinker in there somewhere IMO. Mario isn’t a mad scientist in a lab to scheme our way through. 9-3 with losses to ATM, Clemson and ??? wins us the Coastal and into the ACCCC.

I think that’s fair expectations when I look at our squad, our schedule and some of the intangibles.

Oh yeah. I can’t see Vegas not favoring us every ACC game except Clemson. TVD alone would swing a close/away game if things got close on the line. I think it’s actually a great year timing wise for Mario to get through year 1.

Until I see us mentally/physically tough enough with sound fundamentals to pair with the talent, there will be a stinker in there somewhere IMO. Mario isn’t a mad scientist in a lab to scheme our way through. 9-3 with losses to ATM, Clemson and ??? wins us the Coastal and into the ACCCC.

I think that’s fair expectations when I look at our squad, our schedule and some of the intangibles.
9 is fair. Is that the over/under?

Saw this on 247 tonight. No clue who made it but looks like before Lebby went to OU.

06B1D359-AE27-4527-8936-E7217DAF0203.jpeg

Advertisement
9 is fair. Is that the over/under?
That’s what I’d set the over/under at preseason. Did Vegas put out yet on 2022? I saw us at 6600+ to win it all.

Wonder where the money would go if this board bet. Where would you set the over/under?

Advertisement
I’m of the opinion 9 wins would be just average. Depending HOW we win those 9 and lose the rest and WHO we lose to that would probably be just meeting expectations. But The Who and How are important in judging the season results.

Personally I think we’re winning more than 9 as long as no major injuries happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back