Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
The interesting part is not hearing back after the interview. For someone known as an A+ recruiter and relationship builder that seems so odd to me.

I don't like the timeline extended THIS far but I do appreciate being thorough and not bending to traditional expectations if you have a better way. I would want to do 10 interview as well as its not just about hiring someone. It also gives a rare opportunity to pick the brains of top people in their field and add to your own knowledge. Its a smart practice and probably why the interviews are so long and feel like an interrogation.

Im all for it but shoot, if you are going to do that at least follow up, communicate whats going on and thank the guys. It's only fair and makes good business sense. Don't want to get a bad reputation when hiring the next cycle.
Bruddah, you're implying that Mario hasn't followed up with the interviewees. Maybe he has and we just haven't heard about it? It's obvious Mario is keeping a tight lid on his movements.

You're point about benefiting and learning trim interviewing top candidates is solid. Mahalo.

Advertisement
I’m the most anti- “hire all Miami bro’s” bro on the board, but Ed is in a different category.

#1) He was an assistant DB’s coach with the Bills, so he does actually have coaching experience
#2) No one had better preparation & film study at their position except for maybe Ray Lewis or Tom Brady. Ed Reed had the Mamba Mentality approach to understanding the intricacies of the game & breaking down film.
#3) He’s been a coach at the UA All-American multiple times, seems trivial right? Except so did Deion Sanders, Herm Edwards & Marvin Lewis all before they returned to coaching in college, they simply used it as an opportunity to re-ingratiate themselves with the High school recruiting scene.
#4) Ed shows up to nearly every event we have on campus, he was at Elite Prospect Day just a few weeks ago, why keep showing up all the time if you don’t have time? Lol

Point being, I don’t think anyone would argue that Ed isn’t arguably the greatest Safety of all-time, so if he wanted to be Safeties coach why not? It’s not like he’d be the DC responsible for calling plays to orchestrating gameplans, he’d be Safeties coach, which he could probably do with his eyes closed.

And as a recruiter, come on... What 4-star Safety from South FL is gonna be like, “No thanks Ed Reed, Ima take my talents to Trailerhasse bro..” lol

Advertisement
I’m the most anti- “hire all Miami bro’s” bro on the board, but Ed is in a different category.

#1) He was an assistant DB’s coach with the Bills, so he does actually have coaching experience
#2) No one had better preparation & film study at their position except for maybe Ray Lewis or Tom Brady. Ed Reed had the Mamba Mentality approach to understanding the intricacies of the game & breaking down film.
#3) He’s been a coach at the UA All-American multiple times, seems trivial right? Except so did Deion Sanders, Herm Edwards & Marvin Lewis all before they returned to coaching in college, they simply used it as an opportunity to re-ingratiate themselves with the High school recruiting scene.
#4) Ed shows up to nearly every event we have on campus, he was at Elite Prospect Day just a few weeks ago, why keep showing up all the time if you don’t have time? Lol

Point being, I don’t think anyone would argue that Ed isn’t arguably the greatest Safety of all-time, so if he wanted to be Safeties coach why not? It’s not like he’d be the DC responsible for calling plays to orchestrating gameplans, he’d be Safeties coach, which he could probably do with his eyes closed.

And as a recruiter, come on... What 4-star Safety from South FL is gonna be like, “No thanks Ed Reed, Ima take my talents to Trailerhasse bro..” lol
F11EA4DF-10F5-486B-935C-E125A0BD9FA7.jpeg

Would he actively recruit? Or he’d be paired up with someone to compliment him in that aspect. Don’t get me wrong when he is with a kid and their parents I’m sure it’s impactful but I don’t know if he will grind. What do you think?
Absolutely.

Recruiting nowadays is about money, not how many times you stalk a kid all day.

Offer a kid enough money & he’ll sign to your school without even knowing who the **** the coaches are.

Advertisement

HIRE HIM, MARIO

What a great antidote to Tavaris *****assinson and Raymond.

And the man is beyond intelligent and will command respect and the kids will run thru 10 brick walls for him and would be to afraid to **** up cause he gonna call Joaquin on em.

Here is the way I look at it.
We won 8 games this year. We have 2 major losses; Rambo and Harley. We lost Nesta, McCloud and a few others, but they are replaceable based on their production last year. Assuming that a few guys improve production at WR, and we have more healthy running backs, our offense will be as good as last year if we get an OC who can make use of outstanding weapons at every skill position.

On defense our back 4 should be much better with Rique returning (biggest off season decision) and the continued maturation of the law firm of Williams, Williams and Kichens. Our linebackers should be better with Chase playing more, Steed's continued improvement and Flagg being 2nd string (hope springs eternal). We have work to do on the line but LT will be better as will Harvey and Williams.

We won 8 games last year and played against a better ACC which included Pickett, Howell and the UVA quarterback. With our improvement, and the decline of quarterbacks in the ACC, we should be the best team on our side and battle Clemson. And with the best QB in the conference we should be favored in every game other than Clemson, and possibly against Clemson.

I haven’t read any of the posts after your post, but I know in that last sentence I’m pretty sure you meant Clemson and UNC. But I agree with everything.

Dr Steve Brule Yes GIF

All of that. Only issue is that he said he couldn’t devote a lot of time to being down at UM. But maybe that was pretext for not wanting to be around the manny **** show too much. Lol

In any event, it would be a home run hire for all the reasons you cite. Hey, it might even get us a punchers chance with cormani. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back