Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Dr Steve Brule Yes GIF

All of that. Only issue is that he said he couldn’t devote a lot of time to being down at UM. But maybe that was pretext for not wanting to be around the manny **** show too much. Lol

In any event, it would be a home run hire for all the reasons you cite. Hey, it might even get us a punchers chance with cormani. ;)
He did say that, except he’s always down in Miami on campus lol.

I’m the most anti- “hire all Miami bro’s” bro on the board, but Ed is in a different category.

#1) He was an assistant DB’s coach with the Bills, so he does actually have coaching experience
#2) No one had better preparation & film study at their position except for maybe Ray Lewis or Tom Brady. Ed Reed had the Mamba Mentality approach to understanding the intricacies of the game & breaking down film.
#3) He’s been a coach at the UA All-American multiple times, seems trivial right? Except so did Deion Sanders, Herm Edwards & Marvin Lewis all before they returned to coaching in college, they simply used it as an opportunity to re-ingratiate themselves with the High school recruiting scene.
#4) Ed shows up to nearly every event we have on campus, he was at Elite Prospect Day just a few weeks ago, why keep showing up all the time if you don’t have time? Lol

Point being, I don’t think anyone would argue that Ed isn’t arguably the greatest Safety of all-time, so if he wanted to be Safeties coach why not? It’s not like he’d be the DC responsible for calling plays to orchestrating gameplans, he’d be Safeties coach, which he could probably do with his eyes closed.

And as a recruiter, come on... What 4-star Safety from South FL is gonna be like, “No thanks Ed Reed, Ima take my talents to Trailerhasse bro..” lol

I know the question has already been asked and I don’t know if you’ve addressed this, but do you actually think he wants to put in the time and the hours that being an assistant coach or positions coach of a major P5 program entails? Because I have my doubts.

Would he actively recruit? Or he’d be paired up with someone to compliment him in that aspect. Don’t get me wrong when he is with a kid and their parents I’m sure it’s impactful but I don’t know if he will grind. What do you think?
Not the op but I think if he took the job he would put himself 100% into it. Just the type person he is

Advertisement
I know the question has already been asked I don’t know if you’ve addressed this, but do you actually think he wants to put in the time and the hours that being an assistant coach or positions coach of a major P5 program entails? Because I have my doubts.

I’m Not LCE but Reed knows the deal with coaching regardless if you’re a position coach or coordinator. He himself has said he envisions himself as a coordinator eventually so I’m sure he knows what it entails. I think the one thing reed probably won’t do much or is recruiting. I can envision him being a recruiter for 1-2 guys per cycle - the kind of guys he cherry picks and wants to zero in on rather than be one of the recruiter grinder types.

Advertisement
I know the question has already been asked I don’t know if you’ve addressed this, but do you actually think he wants to put in the time and the hours that being an assistant coach or positions coach of a major P5 program entails? Because I have my doubts.
I don’t know it for fact, but why not?

What the **** else does he have to do? Lol

Plus, I think the whole “time” thing is really overrated, there’s thousands of coaches in college football, they’re all not spending 22 out of their 24 hours a day calling & texting recruits, it is a grind, but the grind itself is very over-exaggerated.

Plus NIL & the Portal have changed the overall landscape of recruiting, it’s more brass tax & less snake oil elixir.

I’m the most anti- “hire all Miami bro’s” bro on the board, but Ed is in a different category.

#1) He was an assistant DB’s coach with the Bills, so he does actually have coaching experience
#2) No one had better preparation & film study at their position except for maybe Ray Lewis or Tom Brady. Ed Reed had the Mamba Mentality approach to understanding the intricacies of the game & breaking down film.
#3) He’s been a coach at the UA All-American multiple times, seems trivial right? Except so did Deion Sanders, Herm Edwards & Marvin Lewis all before they returned to coaching in college, they simply used it as an opportunity to re-ingratiate themselves with the High school recruiting scene.
#4) Ed shows up to nearly every event we have on campus, he was at Elite Prospect Day just a few weeks ago, why keep showing up all the time if you don’t have time? Lol

Point being, I don’t think anyone would argue that Ed isn’t arguably the greatest Safety of all-time, so if he wanted to be Safeties coach why not? It’s not like he’d be the DC responsible for calling plays to orchestrating gameplans, he’d be Safeties coach, which he could probably do with his eyes closed.

And as a recruiter, come on... What 4-star Safety from South FL is gonna be like, “No thanks Ed Reed, Ima take my talents to Trailerhasse bro..” lol

Not to mention he could coach up Special Teams.

as others have said, ed reed needs to be safeties coach.

Makes too much sense He has the coaching background, greatest safety of all time, and at his alma mater. let the man be an on field coach and kill it in recruiting.

He'll make T-Rob look like an intern

Advertisement
as others have said, ed reed needs to be safeties coach.

Makes too much sense He has the coaching background, greatest safety of all time, and at his alma mater. let the man be an on field coach and kill it in recruiting.

He'll make T-Rob look like an intern
Can’t make him a coach if he doesn’t want to be a coach. That I think has always been the question

Advertisement

Recruiting is a grind, that would be the only thing I would be concerned with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back