Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
That is the sole reason I wanted Lane. Mario might be the better long-term play but if lane came in he only needed to make 1 hire - Defensive Coordinator. Hard to mess up with $2 million. Lane hires Steele and he’s golden.

We go 11-1 easy just blowing out everyone on our schedule. That jumpstarts the program immediately and off momentum alone it would carry itself in recruiting, hiring, money, etc.

Ruining TVD or even not capitalizing on what he can do immediately sets Mario back 2-3 years in how fast of a turnaround this could be.
honestly, I expect us to be 11-1 at worst bc the conf is down and we have an elite QB for one more year here. the only loss I see is ATM bc I don't think were there on defense yet in terms of roster and OL.

Advertisement
Not that anyone cares but I figure I'll throw it in this thread b/c why not. But I am having to put my dog down today and it sucks. He was my Miami game homie during the season :(

My condolences, bro. Honestly me putting my guy down a couple years ago was the single worst day of my life. I wish you all the strength you need, and just trust me, you cannot love an animal more than I loved Cane, my awesome Boxer, so take my word for it when I tell you that it WILL get easier. You won't understand how at first, but time heals all wounds. You'll be OK.

Best of luck, brother.

Advertisement
honestly, I expect us to be 11-1 at worst bc the conf is down and we have an elite QB for one more year here. the only loss I see is ATM bc I don't think were there on defense yet in terms of roster and OL.

We play @Clemson, expecting a win there is ridiculous. They have a lot more talent than us and Klubnik will likely be the QB by then.

Pitt is going to be very good next year, and UNC and FSU have close to our talent.

Could we go 11-1? Sure, but we were 7-5 last year and are couple years away from having a roster that can win just on talent

That is the sole reason I wanted Lane. Mario might be the better long-term play but if lane came in he only needed to make 1 hire - Defensive Coordinator. Hard to mess up with $2 million. Lane hires Steele and he’s golden.

We go 11-1 easy just blowing out everyone on our schedule. That jumpstarts the program immediately and off momentum alone it would carry itself in recruiting, hiring, money, etc.

Ruining TVD or even not capitalizing on what he can do immediately sets Mario back 2-3 years in how fast of a turnaround this could be.
But lane wouldn’t have built the program.

We play @Clemson, expecting a win there is ridiculous. They have a lot more talent than us and Klubnik will likely be the QB by then.

Pitt is going to be very good next year, and UNC and FSU have close to our talent.

Could we go 11-1? Sure, but we were 7-5 last year and are couple years away from having a roster that can win just on talent
The caveat being I’m gonna be at that Clemson game and I’ve never seen us lose

Advertisement
Not that anyone cares but I figure I'll throw it in this thread b/c why not. But I am having to put my dog down today and it sucks. He was my Miami game homie during the season :(
Man, bruh sorry for your pet loss. I know what it's like losing a pet best friend. My shiba chi just gave birth. 4 make it, one didn't.
A few yrs ago, someone purposely did a hit and run on my chi-pit and I still can't get over that.

If we believe the QB position is the most important position then we have a distinct advantage over every team next year.
Doesn’t matter nearly as much if the lines or backers or DB’s are similar.
TVD is worth 4-5 points per game more than his counterpart now that Howell and Pickett are gone. he is worth more than 7 points relative to his counterpart in some games.

I would have been good with Lane, but 2 major issues:

1. His HS recruiting is mediocre. That matters, he just isn't a grinder and we'd keep missing elite talent.

2. We need a culture change. We need to get more physical, to win at the LOS, to stop caring so much about hype. Mario can do that, Lane can't.

IMO, Lane is the type of coach who can keep a high level program running. We aren't there, not yet. Hopefully Cristobal can get us there, but again, expecting us to blow everyone out in 2022? There's not a coach in the world that could do that with this roster

Advertisement
If we believe the QB position is the most important position then we have a distinct advantage over every team next year.
Doesn’t matter nearly as much if the lines or backers or DB’s are similar.
TVD is worth 4-5 points per game more than his counterpart now that Howell and Pickett are gone. he is worth more than 7 points relative to his counterpart in some games.
Anything more than expectations of about 9 wins is a bit much imo. Hope? Thats a different story. Lets all hope to run the table. But there is a difference between hope and expectations. Mario is not the quick fix guy. The type of impact suited for his strengths are not typically seen right away. We have TVD and that is a big chess piece. But we have some issues. Our front 7 is not good and deep. We arent getting pressure rushing 4. We are going to get carved up at times during a game. Tough to ask TVD to bail us out every time.

On Wednesday of ND game week in 2017, I got a cal from a buddy that is a liquor rep in Miami. A client he was taking to the game backed out, so he had an extra ticket. It was mine if I wanted, on the caveat that I had to accept right then. Obviously I did.

I flew down Sat morning and flew back Sunday afternoon. In the 36 hours I was gone, my (well, the family) dog got suddenly ill and had to be put down. 36 ******* hours I was gone and didn’t ever get to see him.

I feel your pain brother. People that don’t have dogs/pets don’t realize how losing them hurts just as much as any human family member.

Yep. He was green back then but he’s a good coach. He recruited me back when he was at western Carolina as their OC. I used to camp there every year and had a few teammates play for him before he moved on to UNC.

He and Fedora had a great run at UNC with Marquis Williams and Trubiski but when that staff got fired they may have had the worst QB room in P5. He's done solid at AState though
Jonathan Adams was so fun to watch in that offense 2 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back