Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but I dont get why a lot of people say look what he did with Brown last year? Brown was the west coast version of Emory Jones, he needed to run... a LOT. Yes Mario will likely never run a Chiefs offense and people bring up Herbert as being a blemish somehow but Herbert was still pretty good under Mario. In 2018 and 2019 he had over a 60% completion rate, over 3,000 yards each season and a 61-14 TD/INT ratio.
100%!!! FFS!

Herbert is not a blemish. He was so ‘poorly coached’ he was drafted 6th overall and a baller in the NFL from Day One, without the usual training camps and preseason. One could argue Herbert could have thrown more, but he was not poorly coached as a quarterback. Perhaps Mario should hire the Chargers’ QB coach who turned a trash QB into a diamond. That coach should be given a Nobel Prize for football offensive coaching.

Having to settle for Brown after Herbert graduated is a question, although there was a high-ranked recruit that transferred out to return home (TTech I believe) and Oregon did have two highly rated true freshman QBs last season.

Every coach has recruiting mistakes, especially at QB. Urban Meyer signed Tate Martell out of high school. Saban signed Blake Barnett.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I wouldn't have had Steele in my top 3 when that happened so I'm going to avoid that list.

From the sounds of it... Golesh was pretty far along in the process yesterday.
humor me, but in terms of experience (play calling, game plan, and philosophy), would you go with golesh or ponce (I said humor me bc this is a board for entertainment and too many people take this **** too seriously).

100%!!! FFS!

Herbert is not a blemish. He was so ‘poorly coached’ he was drafted 6th overall and a baller in the NFL from Day One, without the usual training camps and preseason. One could argue Herbert could have thrown more, but he was not poorly coached as a quarterback. Perhaps Mario should hire the Chargers’ QB coach who turned a trash QB into a diamond. That coach should be given a Nobel Prize for football offensive coaching.

Having to settle for Brown after Herbert graduated is a question, although there was a high-ranked recruit that transferred out to return home (TTech I believe) and Oregon did have two highly rated true freshman QBs last season.
I believe Herbert was the projected top pick the year before and stayed I think bc his brother was going to Oregon and he wanted to play w him. I thought that was the case. either way, it was clear Oregon didn't really use Herbert to his full potential imo. also, chargers threw Herbert in there almost immediately after their doc stabbed Taylor. it wasn't like they groomed in for a year and taught him. they also fired their coach after his rookie year too.

humor me, but in terms of experience (play calling, game plan, and philosophy), would you go with golesh or ponce (I said humor me bc this is a board for entertainment and too many people take this **** too seriously).
Ponce. Solely to protect the ginger from developing skin cancer from standing on the sideline on greentree.

Add in the sunscreen budget and I’m not certain paying him $1M (plus easily $300k in sunscreen) is worth the difference of getting Ponce for $49,750, a high deductible health plan, a Cuban cigar, and a $25 gift card to Versailles. Stuff adds up.

Ponce. Solely to protect the ginger from developing skin cancer from standing on the sideline on greentree.

Add in the sunscreen budget and I’m not certain paying him $1M (plus easily $300k in sunscreen) is worth the difference of getting Ponce for $49,750, a high deductible health plan, a Cuban cigar, and a $25 gift card to Versailles. Stuff adds up.
LMAO

Advertisement

now this guy has the lingo, the venues and the items that are pertinent to each venue. i am making you an Honorary Cuban. Pls change your screen name from JayCane20 to JuanitoCane20, stet

I believe Herbert was the projected top pick the year before and stayed I think bc his brother was going to Oregon and he wanted to play w him. I thought that was the case. either way, it was clear Oregon didn't really use Herbert to his full potential imo. also, chargers threw Herbert in there almost immediately after their doc stabbed Taylor. it wasn't like they groomed in for a year and taught him. they also fired their coach after his rookie year too.
Herbert was ready to step in and ball despite not being groomed as a Day One starter? Even more proof he was well-coached in college.

The Chargers’ firing Anthony Lynn after one season had nothing to do with Herbert. NFL Rookie of the Year, I believe.

No argument the offense could have been more pass-heavy, but Oregon didn’t have a two-deep of 5* highly-paid WRs like Bama and Tua.

He can be our first OC/Sebastian Mascot. The costume will block the sun and we will save on whatever small amount of perks we give to the current guy.

Probably been asked before but Golesh is the OC now at Tenn correct? Does he not get much control of the offense or something if we would leave to come to Miami at same position?

Advertisement
I kinda wish we kept Likens in his exact role he had before WR coach and whatever he did to help the passing game

Advertisement
Golesh as OC all day long due to the system he runs .. Ponce as QB coach .. would be a good combination.

Advertisement
I Wont especially with Lane Kiffin there for the take
That is the sole reason I wanted Lane. Mario might be the better long-term play but if lane came in he only needed to make 1 hire - Defensive Coordinator. Hard to mess up with $2 million. Lane hires Steele and he’s golden.

We go 11-1 easy just blowing out everyone on our schedule. That jumpstarts the program immediately and off momentum alone it would carry itself in recruiting, hiring, money, etc.

Ruining TVD or even not capitalizing on what he can do immediately sets Mario back 2-3 years in how fast of a turnaround this could be.

That is the sole reason I wanted Lane. Mario might be the better long-term play but if lane came in he only needed to make 1 hire - Defensive Coordinator. Hard to mess up with $2 million. Lane hires Steele and he’s golden.

We go 11-1 easy just blowing out everyone on our schedule. That jumpstarts the program immediately and off momentum alone it would carry itself in recruiting, hiring, money, etc.

Ruining TVD or even not capitalizing on what he can do immediately sets Mario back 2-3 years in how fast of a turnaround this could be.
He doesn’t love To recruit though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back