Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm glad to hear these rumors about his idea for the offense. Mario running some *** nerd offense was one of my biggest fears with him. He can still recruit elite OL guys and create a great unit there, but that true uptempo spread offense can be lethal at Miami.

We only got a taste of it so far. Wait until we hopefully see it with a + OL he builds.

I tried to find videos of a *** nerd offense but couldn’t find any

Is it uptempo with lots of motion?

Advertisement
Consider the source that said 20
I’d say 20 is accurate or not too far off.. maybe 15. I knew of 2 that weren’t discussed before yesterday when I mentioned Anthony Tucker as one of them. The other I heard was Keith Heckendorf at Arkansas State (Fedora disciple). Neither have heard back since their interrogation.

Alex Golesh was another and I didn’t know he’d been considered until yesterday.

Add in Dorsey, Candle, Whipple, Coen, Briles, and whoever else… only one I haven’t heard from someone I talk to is Coen. The others have multiple people talking about it. That’s 8 already and I can’t imagine we have heard more than half of everyone he’s interviewed.

It's smash mouth and extremely physical. Lots of eye contact.
1643910197376.gif

If he did in fact interview 20 candidates - and I question the source and also what would constitute as an official 'interview' - and Ponce wasn't included in that mix, that should tell you all you need to know about his potential candidacy
That’s why I’ve wagered my account. Too many guys sitting here waiting on a call back that would be on a flight the same day to come here to resort to Ponce.

I did enjoy the doomsday that was happening on here for a little bit, though.

Ponce still isn’t the worst thing that could happen. That’s James Coley.

I can’t keep track of the different age segments…

The young sensitive complainers in the work force.

I once had a 23 year old that I fired have his mother call me and ask why her son was fired…
Ahhh the ol lane kiffin. How old is lane again?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’d say 20 is accurate or not too far off.. maybe 15. I knew of 2 that weren’t discussed before yesterday when I mentioned Anthony Tucker as one of them. The other I heard was Keith Heckendorf at Arkansas State (Fedora disciple). Neither have heard back since their interrogation.

Add in Dorsey, Candle, Whipple, Coen, Briles, and whoever else… only one I haven’t heard from someone I talk to is Coen. The others have multiple people talking about it. That’s 8 already and I can’t imagine we have heard more than half of everyone he’s interviewed.
The interesting part is not hearing back after the interview. For someone known as an A+ recruiter and relationship builder that seems so odd to me.

I don't like the timeline extended THIS far but I do appreciate being thorough and not bending to traditional expectations if you have a better way. I would want to do 10 interview as well as its not just about hiring someone. It also gives a rare opportunity to pick the brains of top people in their field and add to your own knowledge. Its a smart practice and probably why the interviews are so long and feel like an interrogation.

Im all for it but shoot, if you are going to do that at least follow up, communicate whats going on and thank the guys. It's only fair and makes good business sense. Don't want to get a bad reputation when hiring the next cycle.

Advertisement
The interesting part is not hearing back after the interview. For someone known as an A+ recruiter and relationship builder that seems so odd to me.

I don't like the timeline extended THIS far but I do appreciate being thorough and not bending to traditional expectations if you have a better way. I would want to do 10 interview as well as its not just about hiring someone. It also gives a rare opportunity to pick the brains of top people in their field and add to your own knowledge. Its a smart practice and probably why the interviews are so long and feel like an interrogation.

Im all for it but shoot, if you are going to do that at least follow up, communicate whats going on and thank the guys. It's only fair and makes good business sense. Don't want to get a bad reputation when hiring the next cycle.
He may have by now. 2-3 weeks had passed since then last I had heard. It’s been a month or longer since their ‘interview’ now.

It’s important. He’s got to evaluate personnel and see what kind of offense he needs to or can run and then talk about how to incorporate the offense with what he wants out of his OL.

Just glad we’re looking at guys from some of the best systems in college football. The Matt Campbell/Jason candle system, Heupel system that derived from Briles, talked to Kendal Briles, apparently guys that have came from the McVay tree and the Kliff Kingsbury tree.

Consistent with today’s college football nearly all of them, except for Campbell, have branched off from the Leach system. Which is a good thing for us. I was afraid Mario would be looking at guys that are being phased out of college football.

Any one of those names would be at worst the 2nd best OC we've had in 20 years. **** good list and reassuring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back