Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
you are wrong bud, it says: "Eight years ago today, David Ortiz gave the best speech in Boston history." not baseball history. plus Gehrig played for the yanks, ding dong ping pong.

Your correct I stand corrected…still didn’t call for your ******* response

Advertisement
It’s the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of personality.

If it’s a vote for how nice a person you are, then you’re correct, but unfortunately it’s not.

Especially considering their are people in the Hall who were hardcore bigots & people who actually committed crimes.

But that’s another story for another day...
hall of character*

What’s gonna happen when Miggy hits ballots? Yadi? Adam Wainwright? Jon Lester? Adrian Beltre? Bartolo? Albert Pujols? Buster Posey? Etc All these dudes played in an era dominated by steroids. Are they gonna get left off?

Advertisement
And it worked

He got walked by someone( Buck Showalter ?) with the bases loaded so it only cost one run and not 4…lol….if he hadn’t been walked a couple hundred times the year he hit 73 he might have hit 100…I don’t care what your putting in your body you still have to perform the hardest feat in sports and square up a round ball with a round bat..

Advertisement
Barry Bonds was once so mean to a 7 yr old Tad Footeball that I started hyperventilating crying. Bobby Bonilla and Andy Van Slyke had to console me. No lie.

I've always wished for nothing but misery for Bonds and my Pirates would have more than likely won the 92 World Series had he just listened to Van Slyke and moved in on motherfu**ing Francisco Cabrera.

That said...

...he belongs in the HoF and the baseball writers are mostly sanctimonious hypocrites.

Advertisement
But how much of that is really going on at a college level week to week? Like Air Raid guys and Veer and Shoot guys, they basically just run their offense. There’s not a ton of “install” or anything tailored to the other team, because those offenses only have a few plays anyway. They run them, and good luck stopping them.
I disagree with that. They run their offense but there is always tweeks week to week. They tweek and game plan because they will see different fronts and coverages week to week.
Air raid guys might not have a ton of plays but they will have a ton of "tags" and they will work hard to get matchups. So they will manipulate and "formation" teams defenses into favorable match-ups. Personnel groupings for their offense and for what they will see from the D is a big part of their game plans. There is a **** load of game planning for these situations.
Also they do have installation calendars for spring and fall camps.

Bonds had 494 Homeruns, 2,313 hits, 1,405 RBI’s 471 Stolen bases, 4 MVP’s, 8 Gold Gloves, 8 Silver-Sluggers & 9 All-Star appearances all before he used PED’s...

That’s a HOF resume, no matter who it’s attached to.
That’s essentially Scott Rolon’s resume and even he got 50% because of the era he played in. Dude was the best 3rd baseman for a decade but because he played in the 90’s there’s “questions”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back