Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Clooney Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Baseball HOF voting is the biggest joke running. Someone who had a ballot legit ONLY voted for Kent lol absolutely ridiculous. I’m a Red Sox guy and am ecstatic Papi got in (btw to this day no one has ever said what he actually tested positive for and he never had another positive test from 04-16 but i digress) but to not have arguably the greatest hitter of all time and one of the best pitchers of all time in is ridiculous. Steroids or not you cannot tell the story of the MLB without Bonds or Clemens.
Bro, Scott Rolen got 50% vote. Scott ******* Rolen. It’s a sham

both. the way he treated people around him, especially fans and ordinary people.

There are A LOT of ******** in the HOF but your disposition and how much you sucked off sportswriters shouldn’t determine whether you get in or not.It should be what you do on the field and unfortunately,especially nowadays,it’s not what determines it..

No One could hit a baseball like Bonds IMO..no one.Shame is he only cheated cause Sosa and McQuire were doing it and getting all the headlines.Unlike a guy like Sosa he didn’t need to cheat.
AROD is the same thing.He didn’t need to cheat.He was already one of the best before he ever took his first shot.

Upside in this is that these guys got paid hundreds of millions of dollars based on their stats during this period….not a bad consolation prize.

Advertisement
Bro, Scott Rolen got 50% vote. Scott ******* Rolen. It’s a sham
I know but he got 57% last year…problem is they will put guys in that don’t deserve it cause they won’t have anyone else for a few years cause all of the guys with the stats to get in were juicing…or supposedly we’re.

I'm basically here. I'd quibble a little because I don't think Whipple's pedigree is that strong, but it's good enough. A strong pedigree for a young position coach would be someone like Dorsey, Brian Johnson, or Joe Brady. Whipple is a step down imo.

But I'm with you. We swung at Candle. We maybe swung at Briles. If we can't land the established dudes, then we have no choice but to gamble. Whipple is an acceptable gamble.
Agreed with this. I think you calling it an acceptable gamble at this point is right on. I'm not overly excited, but I wouldn't be disappointed or ****ed just based on the hire. Intrigued and willing to see I guess would be my feelings if it's him.

He may have been a jerk but to characterize him as one of the most detestable humans ever is major overstatement.

And “fans” likely deserved it in most cases, Bonds could fill an entire wing of a public Library with the amount of racist letters he’s received during his career, I could understand how that might make someone not always be nice to people.
ok, a little exaggerated. hank aaron received death threats for decades and he was a gentlemen and decent, classy human being. bonds might have received the same threats, but that didn't justify being an ******* to kids.

he told a kid that had been waiting and chasing his from city to city for FOUR years to get an autograph, "i guess i will have to extend the streak some more". tore up another kid's baseball card. the stories are endless. he's a bad guy,

because of my profession, i've met some very famous (like big papi) and some very wealthy (top 500 in the world) in my life. many of them have been decent, nice people. just because you get to the top doesn't mean you have to be a p!inga. i'm glad bonds didn't make it and i hope he never does.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He may have been a jerk but to characterize him as one of the most detestable humans ever is major overstatement.

And “fans” likely deserved it in most cases, Bonds could fill an entire wing of a public Library with the amount of racist letters he’s received during his career, I could understand how that might make someone not always be nice to people.
Barry was my favorite player as a child , he was the best player in the game pre steroids and a first ballot HOF’er. That’s when he was a stick. He got on roids when Sosa amd McGuire blew up and took his attention. So he was like “ ok, that’s cute , here’s me on steroids“ lol.

Everyone was using then, especially pitchers. That’s what gets lost with all this , everyone thinks steroids equals home runs / hitters , but steroids don’t make you stronger, they help you recover and bounce back quicker to work out more. Who does that help? Pitchers as much as anyone.

I don’t judge because everyone knew and looked the other way. Viewer ship was up , contracts was up and attendance was up. Win win. So these writers and baseball snobs can get off their high horses. Players , media , owners , managers , upper management all had blood on their hands.

Lastly Bonds was a diva ******* that treated people horrible, teammates included but that should have nothing to do with voting for the HOF. He’s arguably the best player ever and a true five tool player. If he’s not in the HOF it’s a joke. But as we know the media is a joke so I’m not shocked they’re still butthurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back