Some guy named Brad Crawford isn't to keen on Florida recruits

Advertisement
Hes actually a pretty good journalist. Don’t agree with everything he says but his opinions are definitely acceptable.

Advertisement
And that is why Brad lives in his mom's basement instead of working for the league.

NFL players by state, 2018:

211 — Florida
185 — California
175 — Texas
123 — Georgia
76 — Ohio
60 — Alabama
59 — Louisiana

Brad wrote an article about the 2019 recruiting cycle, not NFL production. You are going to have to wait 4 years to judge this class by NFL talent.

Advertisement
Lol

We're never going to abandon Florida, it's not ever going to happen, ever.

The Georgia Renaissance to The U will never materialize. We literally had the former UGA head coach of 15 years as our HC & in 4 classes, we've only landed 7 players from Georgia, 1 of which has already transferred (Ezzard) & the another was on his way out and may still by next year lol (Jarren). The rest have been mid tier 3-stars, Deejay is the only good high rated Georgia player we've gotten in the last 4 years.

Elite 4/5-star kids from Georgia are not coming to Miami, no amount of propaganda will change that. The majority of our classes will always be from FLA.

Should we recruit OOS more, yes 100%. I'm a big proponent in cracking open a pipeline into Texas, they produce a lot of QB's & DB's ever year, I even would like to see us try to get at least 1 from Louisiana with Blake Baker being our DC now.

But anybody that thinks we aren't going to continue to recruit FLA as our main source for players, sorry but expect to be disappointed lol

And that is why Brad lives in his mom's basement instead of working for the league.

211 — Florida
185 — California
175 — Texas
123 — Georgia
76 — Ohio
60 — Alabama
59 — Louisiana
This was neither his argument nor his analysis. He was looking at numbers for the 2019 recruiting cycle.

This was neither his argument nor his analysis. He was looking at numbers for the 2019 recruiting cycle.

Then let's look at something more current. Here is Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 for the 2019 NFL Draft. He is a real scout, not a pretend scout like us or Brad Crawford.

Here is how it breaks down:

Florida- 10 (total)
South Florida- 8
Louisiana- 6
Mississippi- 4
Texas- 4
North Carolina- 3

Georgia produced a grand total of 2. That puts them on par with Arizona. And where did @Andrew's buddy Brad Crawford and 247 rank those two Georgia players? 1,533rd and unranked, respectively.

So forgive me if I ignore that idiot's opinion and stick to the data.

Advertisement
Then let's look at something more current. Here is Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 for the 2019 NFL Draft. He is a real scout, not a pretend scout like us or Brad Crawford.

Here is how it breaks down:

Florida- 10 (total)
South Florida- 8
Louisiana- 6
Mississippi- 4
Texas- 4
North Carolina- 3

Georgia produced a grand total of 2. That puts them on par with Arizona. And where did @Andrew's buddy Brad Crawford and 247 rank those two Georgia players? 1,533rd and unranked, respectively.

So forgive me if I ignore that idiot's opinion and stick to the data.

He ranked Georiga ahead of California, Texas, and Florida despite all three states having more composite 4-star players. He mentioned this was subjective on his part and he did it due to the similar amount of top 150 prospects (Florida and Georgia both have 19). As far as I know, Brad doesn't determine rankings, so for the most part, this article is pretty objective if you believe in rankings. You don't have to be a scout to understand statistics. I am sure after the draft you will see an article ranking states based on NFL talent.

211 — Florida
185 — California
175 — Texas
123 — Georgia
76 — Ohio
60 — Alabama
59 — Louisiana
To be fair, I believe he is only talking about 2019 class. Recruiting cycle. But I have to admit, I haven't read the whole thing lol

Holy sh** he listed Florida 4th based off the actual rankings for one cycle (2019). The horror, the horror.

Advertisement
Holy sh** he listed Florida 4th based off the actual rankings for one cycle (2019). The horror, the horror.

His population was only one cycle (2019) and he called that out. If you want to judge high school talent as a whole you would need to use more than 1 class and weight the classes with newer classes holding more weight. If you want to use NFL talent then you will literally do the exact same thing but using the NFL draft instead of 247 composite rankings.

Personal attacks

211 — Florida
185 — California
175 — Texas
123 — Georgia
76 — Ohio
60 — Alabama
59 — Louisiana

You talking about brad or andrew?

Andrew trying to shill for Georgia again. One of the word to ever lace em up.

Can you quote where I "shill"'ed for anyone? Really just linking an article. I also noted how ranked Georgia ahead of three states that he admittedly didn't use his data for. If anything Georiga should have been fourth.

Advertisement
Back