Some guy named Brad Crawford isn't to keen on Florida recruits

Can you quote where I "shill"'ed for anyone? Really just linking an article. I also noted how ranked Georgia ahead of three states that he admittedly didn't use his data for. If anything Georiga should have been fourth.

Just read his "analysis." So even though Florida had more four-stars under his site's own ranking, he "went to the subjective route" (his own words) and listed Georgia #1.

That's why I stick to the NFL facts. This year's draft is even more lopsided than the overall NFL data, in which Florida is #1 by a mile. It's the most objective evidence we have and it's consistent.

Advertisement
Can you quote where I "shill"'ed for anyone? Really just linking an article. I also noted how ranked Georgia ahead of three states that he admittedly didn't use his data for. If anything Georiga should have been fourth.

Yeah see OP.

Just read the post. So even though Florida had more four-stars under his site's own ranking, he "went to the subjective route" (his own words) and listed Georgia #1.

That's why I stick to the NFL facts. This year's draft is even more lopsided than the overall NFL data, in which Florida is #1 by a mile. It's the most objective evidence we have and it's consistent.

Yeah, I called that out. Why would you rank the 2019 class off of the NFL? That literally makes no sense, you are trying to fight an argument that he isn't making. All he is doing is ranking the 2019 recruiting class by state.

Yeah, I called that out. Why would you rank the 2019 class off of the NFL? That literally makes no sense, you are trying to fight an argument that he isn't making. All he is doing is ranking the 2019 recruiting class by state.

Because I don’t want to wait four years to tell him he’s wrong.

You made the OP to prove a point, which is why I went straight to the objective data to eviscerate the point you were really trying to make.

You made the OP to prove a point, which is why I went straight to the objective data to eviscerate the point you were really trying to make.

My post linked the article, it seems like a good article for a recruiting board. The only analysis I have provided is that he should have ranked Georgia 4th based off of his own criteria.

He claims to be looking at the 2019 class, so you can't claim he really is making a point that he doesn't claim to make.

You also can't claim your data is objective without it actually being objective. You are basing your argument off of the opinion of one scout and for a single draft. Despite the fact that this year NFL draft has nothing to do with this year's high schools recruit. If you want to use this year's draft you should include more scouts, though it is probably just easier to wait until after the draft. That being said all you get from that analysis is which state produced the most NFL talent in a single year, which leaves you using the exact same data that Brad used. One year worth of data to make a point about one year. Either way, Brad wasn't arguing NFL draft and you didn't eviscerate anything.

Advertisement
My post linked the article, it seems like a good article for a recruiting board. The only analysis I have provided is that he should have ranked Georgia 4th based off of his own criteria.

He claims to be looking at the 2019 class, so you can't claim he really is making a point that he doesn't claim to make.

You also can't claim your data is objective without it actually being objective. You are basing your argument off of the opinion of one scout and for a single draft. Despite the fact that this year NFL draft has nothing to do with this year's high schools recruit. If you want to use this year's draft you should include more scouts, though it is probably just easier to wait until after the draft. That being said all you get from that analysis is which state produced the most NFL talent in a single year, which leaves you using the exact same data that Brad used. One year worth of data to make a point about one year. Either way, Brad wasn't arguing NFL draft and you didn't eviscerate anything.

Number of NFL players is objective. The data is pretty clear with respect to Florida talent versus Georgia talent, which is the point you are really trying to make.

Are the trends changing? Florida is poised to dominate this year’s draft, particularly South Florida. Georgia is going to have a bad year, and the two best prospects from Georgia were completely ignored by the 247 rankings you are passing off as important.

Georgia is the hot state for quarterbacks and is a great place to find talent. It isn’t anything close to Florida, which is why Florida schools have won 11 championships since UGA won its last one.

Number of NFL players is objective. The data is pretty clear with respect to Florida talent versus Georgia talent, which is the point you are really trying to make.

Are the trends changing? Florida is poised to dominate this year’s draft, particularly South Florida. Georgia is going to have a bad year, and the two best prospects from Georgia were completely ignored by the 247 rankings you are passing off as important.

Georgia is the hot state for quarterbacks and is a great place to find talent. It isn’t anything close to Florida, which is why Florida schools have won 11 championships since UGA won its last one.

Literally, the only argument made in the article was about the 2019 class. He did not make any arguments on trends either. You are using a straw man fallacy to claim that Brad is making an argument that is not making.

Brad did not make any NFL projections in the article and national championships are not given to the states with the highest school talent, or else Alabama and Clemson would not be winning them.

A better argument would have been:
"Brad violated his own rules of scoring to rank a state higher because of the population of the states. If Brad wanted to compare population then he should have applied that across the board. Actually, Brad should have looked at football participation rate, which is publicly available.

According to NFHS (National Federation of High School Sports), Florida has 41,582 participants in football, compared to 33,027 in Georgia, 164,664 in Texas and 94,286 in California. So basically Brad applied a rule that helped GA jump to number 1 and did not apply the same rule to Florida. Anyone that has taken a statistics class would know that you should be unbias. Brad was clearly biased in how he ranked the teams and for not calling out whether this data point was an outlier or part of the normal trend."

Advertisement
Talent exists outside of the state of Florida

Just a friendly reminder

Not according to most porsters on here. Nobody can win without mostly FL talent on their roster. Dont know how these teams have been doing it the last 10 years

He's entitled to his opinion and that's all it really is. Too funny watching some try and discredit that opinion using things that have absolutely nothing to do with what he's talking about.

Fine, FL number one, every year, and some of you win. Everyone is happy again.

Lol

We're never going to abandon Florida, it's not ever going to happen, ever.

The Georgia Renaissance to The U will never materialize. We literally had the former UGA head coach of 15 years as our HC & in 4 classes, we've only landed 7 players from Georgia, 1 of which has already transferred (Ezzard) & the another was on his way out and may still by next year lol (Jarren). The rest have been mid tier 3-stars, Deejay is the only good high rated Georgia player we've gotten in the last 4 years.

Elite 4/5-star kids from Georgia are not coming to Miami, no amount of propaganda will change that. The majority of our classes will always be from FLA.

Should we recruit OOS more, yes 100%. I'm a big proponent in cracking open a pipeline into Texas, they produce a lot of QB's & DB's ever year, I even would like to see us try to get at least 1 from Louisiana with Blake Baker being our DC now.

But anybody that thinks we aren't going to continue to recruit FLA as our main source for players, sorry but expect to be disappointed lol
I like our recent penetration into NYC and hopefully expand it to NJ. Our alumni based has traditionally come from that neck of the woods. The competition there is PSU, Syracuse and some Ohio State. Kids don't grow up with a "favorite college team"

Advertisement
mrw-when-i-went-to-a-thread-where-every-comment-was-negatively-voted-79837.gif

Advertisement
Literally, the only argument made in the article was about the 2019 class. He did not make any arguments on trends either. You are using a straw man fallacy to claim that Brad is making an argument that is not making.

Brad did not make any NFL projections in the article and national championships are not given to the states with the highest school talent, or else Alabama and Clemson would not be winning them.

A better argument would have been:
"Brad violated his own rules of scoring to rank a state higher because of the population of the states. If Brad wanted to compare population then he should have applied that across the board. Actually, Brad should have looked at football participation rate, which is publicly available.

According to NFHS (National Federation of High School Sports), Florida has 41,582 participants in football, compared to 33,027 in Georgia, 164,664 in Texas and 94,286 in California. So basically Brad applied a rule that helped GA jump to number 1 and did not apply the same rule to Florida. Anyone that has taken a statistics class would know that you should be unbias. Brad was clearly biased in how he ranked the teams and for not calling out whether this data point was an outlier or part of the normal trend."

Alright children, let’s play nice. If you are going to fight, I think the rules say you must insult each other at least twice is every post and call you mothers a name in every other post. All these facts and stats are confusing the rest of us.

And that is why Brad lives in his mom's basement instead of working for the league.

NFL players by state, 2018:

211 — Florida
185 — California
175 — Texas
123 — Georgia
76 — Ohio
60 — Alabama
59 — Louisiana

That only helps us if Miami can get the best players in Florida to come play for the U.

That hasn’t been happening recently. So we can keep begging guys like Jerry Jeudy and Tyrique Stevenson to come here....which they never will...or we can get more guys like Gerald Willis and Brevin Jordan to come here.

For whatever reason, the best players in Florida are leaving the state. So until that changes, I don’t really give a **** how many of them go to the NFL.

Crazy thing about Florida is not only does it consistently produce the most talent, along with Texas and California, it also consistently produces the most talent per capita (Texas is also up there), which Georgia also does well.

Personally, I'll take the state that produces the most and is doing it efficiently. That state probably has the best competition, and the talent density means you can recruit more players in less time - at least in theory.

P.S California is overrated... It's a huge state, of course it produces a lot of talent. What really matters is talent density/concentration.

So if you suck off S. Fl football or florida football you're a GM in waiting and can do no wrong, but if you don't think Fl football is the greatest thing since sliced bread you're a loser who can't get out of mom's basement.

Just trying to get this right.

Advertisement
Back