Some guy named Brad Crawford isn't to keen on Florida recruits

So if you suck off S. Fl football or florida football you're a GM in waiting and can do no wrong, but if you don't think Fl football is the greatest thing since sliced bread you're a loser who can't get out of mom's basement.

Just trying to get this right.

Or the third option: just look at the picks the actual GMs make.

That will tell you what state is producing the most talent, especially when the margins are so wide.

Advertisement
I've been here 4 months and this is the first time I've seen the mod gods debate each other 😂

Advertisement
D$, you take the bait on this stuff every.single.time.

The article, if it was even that, basically just ranked states on expected P5 signees and top 150 players. I dont know if he got it right or not but the only logical response (other than quibbling with his hat tip to GA) would be to show whether his estimation was correct on the metrics he used.

Nolan Smith (IMG) was credited to FL, moreover, but is actually from GA, iirc.

Not every single article written on the topic of football or recruiting has to be sit into some Miami narrative.

I've been here 4 months and this is the first time I've seen the mod gods debate each other 😂
4 months, and that many posts? Yikes.. old timers around here don't (and are wise to not) trust anyone who is a new poster within the last year or so.

Advertisement
D$, you take the bait on this stuff every.single.time.

The article, if it was even that, basically just ranked states on expected P5 signees and top 150 players. I dont know if he got it right or not but the only logical response (other than quibbling with his hat tip to GA) would be to show whether his estimation was correct on the metrics he used.

Nolan Smith (IMG) was credited to FL, moreover, but is actually from GA, iirc.

Not every single article written on the topic of football or recruiting has to be sit into some Miami narrative.

His “metrics” are just the recruiting rankings. We won’t know how wrong they are for a couple years. As we sit today, the state breakdown looks conspicuously out of whack given years of hard data on Florida dominance.

As for the OP, it was obviously a slight at Florida talent. And it looks really silly given how the 2019 draft shook out. Florida is only widening the gap with the rest of the country.

His “metrics” are just the recruiting rankings. We won’t know how wrong they are for a couple years. As we sit today, the state breakdown looks conspicuously out of whack given years of hard data on Florida dominance.

As for the OP, it was obviously a slight at Florida talent. And it looks really silly given how the 2019 draft shook out. Florida is only widening the gap with the rest of the country.
Overreactions don’t add anything. It’s okay
for someone to write an article summarizing what the current year rankings in any given year imply. Not every single discussion has to fit the south florida is goat narrative. In this case, it wasn’t even presenting an argument, just a summary of the data. Not a big deal. Andrew has a perspective but this site is not enhanced by fewer perspectives or more rah rah group think.

Overreactions don’t add anything. It’s okay
for someone to write an article summarizing what the current year rankings in any given year imply. Not every single discussion has to fit the south florida is goat narrative. In this case, it wasn’t even presenting an argument, just a summary of the data. Not a big deal. Andrew has a perspective but this site is not enhanced by fewer perspectives or more rah rah group think.

The name of the post was “Some guy named Brad Crawford isn’t too keen on Florida recruits.” He invited the discussion.

If the thread title was “Georgia seems loaded in 2019,” the reaction would be different.

Advertisement
The name of the post was “Some guy named Brad Crawford isn’t too keen on Florida recruits.” He invited the discussion.

If the thread title was “Georgia seems loaded in 2019,” the reaction would be different.
Ironically, I recall you posting a thread comparing UM and Alabama OL recruits, and when I suggested your OP implied a perspective, you said it was just a set of facts. Andrew’s thread title may have invited a discussion, but a discussion of what? The link itself only talked about 2019 class data.

I agree his thread title was a troll, in any case. Which is why above I pointed out you didn’t need to take the bait.

Advertisement
Well, it's not as if UM, UF, FSU or USF have been very relevant recently. UCF is another story but the face of their program was the Hawaiian QB.

Advertisement
Back