Some encouraging performances

Trent Harris is about to be the next Michael Sam type player if the coach Kool thing is true. They seem to play very similar styles

Lmao don't make me laugh

I mean he's not as good but he hasn't had a good coach or scheme yet. As far as having the motor and football IQ, they are going to play a similar role. They are both 6'2 250 and have similar skill sets.

Advertisement
Michael Smith stood out to me. Could play a Javon Nanton type of role here. Chad Thomas was held the entire game. If the news about our new DL coach is accurate and true, I expect us to have a top 5 DL next year.

On the other side of this, I hope we're about settled on the Trevor Darling LT debate. Also, Mcdermott shouldn't be on the perimeter. Ever.
Yes..it was obvious when #97 was abusing McDermott and sacked Kaaya..

I noticed Jackson too.. I'm hoping Njoku becomes our Jordan Reed

Trent Harris is about to be the next Michael Sam type player if the coach Kool thing is true. They seem to play very similar styles

For as much flak as Trent Harris gets from Canes fans for where he is listed on a depth chart in relation to more talented players, this kid is the unsung hero with our defense. He played **** near every LB position and then some and he did them all relatively well.

And, not to bust chops, but simply to clarify that there was an ongoing debate. Thought I was losing my mind there for a second. You've called him passable at LT and called for continuity. https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/graduate-transfers-jucos/94766

I get that you've meant "passable" in the sense we legit have had no other option. But, he's really rough out there. He should not be a consideration.

Nobody ever debated that Darling is not an LT. As I said in the thread, my dream lineup would be St. Louis stepping up and winning the LT job. It would be great to add an impact JUCO but those guys are very hit or miss, as we've seen with guys like Jahair Jones and Tyler McMeans.

When I say Darling is passable, that means he's mediocre. He will be solid some games and get beaten some games (like yesterday). McDermott at tackle is someone who isn't passable.

This is why I called for Miami to sign Reggie Bain, Darling's bookend from Central. He always had LT feet and he would have been a starter for us.

Advertisement
And, not to bust chops, but simply to clarify that there was an ongoing debate. Thought I was losing my mind there for a second. You've called him passable at LT and called for continuity. https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/graduate-transfers-jucos/94766

I get that you've meant "passable" in the sense we legit have had no other option. But, he's really rough out there. He should not be a consideration.

Nobody ever debated that Darling is not an LT. As I said in the thread, my dream lineup would be St. Louis stepping up and winning the LT job. It would be great to add an impact JUCO but those guys are very hit or miss, as we've seen with guys like Jahair Jones and Tyler McMeans.

When I say Darling is passable, that means he's mediocre. He will be solid some games and get beaten some games (like yesterday). McDermott at tackle is someone who isn't passable.

This is why I called for Miami to sign Reggie Bain, Darling's bookend from Central. He always had LT feet and he would have been a starter for us.

I remember it. Not sure what his career progression would look like here, but you hit on the key point: we simply need guys with LT feet.

Remember kids that are in juco are there for a reason. Either they had terrible grades or was not that good coming out of highschool and more often then not the latter appears to be true.

Sheldrick Redwine was money on special teams, going to be a good one for us.

Sheldrick Redwine was money on special teams, going to be a good one for us.

I'm with Lu. We need OT's. Maybe Juco route for a short term solution, before coaching up new recruits. That seems to be our biggest need. Seems like St Louis and the Juco kid who got blown up a few times in camp are our only options. Whoever the OL coach is needs to earn his paycheck fast...

Go Canes!

I just bumped an older post about this topic so that this one can stay on track. It's a really shaky situation. And, in that thread I bumped, D$ made a legit point about the nature of JuCo Left Tackles.

Thanks.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Aside from the fumble, Walton looked great. I think he takes the lead back role next season (and I'm a Yearby fan).

Not sure if serious? Yearby has out performed him nearly every game and every time yearby gets in a grove and drive the ball down the field they take him out and put Walton in... It will be Gus Edwards if we are going by Mark richt track record. He And gray has that size and speed combo that richt has liked for the past few years

I'm serious. But now you know how we feel when you post.

Gus won't be starting. He's not nearly as versatile as Yearby and Walton.

I told y'all if we used mike smith right he would make plays. He can be very serviceable maybe like a Marcus Robinson from Shannon's Miami teams

You also told us that we should give Golden more time and that you really think that he is going to turn this thing around. Not sure anybody should take anything you have to say seriously....ever again.

Advertisement
Braxton Berrios made two critical plays to set up a comeback and showed the burst that's been missing this year. I think the injury in the opener really set him back. He looked extremely quick in camp and was embarrassing some of our top corners before the injury. He could play a big role next year as a slot receiver.

Im happy for Braxton, but Miami should never have a guy get caught on a perfectly executed end aroun/jet sweep, he looked slow as ****, sorry

For as much flak as Trent Harris gets from Canes fans for where he is listed on a depth chart in relation to more talented players, this kid is the unsung hero with our defense. He played **** near every LB position and then some and he did them all relatively well.

Agreed. Harris is solid. I'm not sure what his ceiling is but anyone able to be consistently decent under the ****show we've had here deserves some respect and optimism.

Advertisement
Braxton Berrios made two critical plays to set up a comeback and showed the burst that's been missing this year. I think the injury in the opener really set him back. He looked extremely quick in camp and was embarrassing some of our top corners before the injury. He could play a big role next year as a slot receiver.

Im happy for Braxton, but Miami should never have a guy get caught on a perfectly executed end aroun/jet sweep, he looked slow as ****, sorry

Dukes been caught before.... Chill man berrios can ball too

We got a 9-10 win team with the current deficiencies we have at all positions, with a good coaching staff. Richt will have his hands full trying better the personnel and balance positions. Guys like Mike Smith and D. Jackson can add speed to the defense. Sheldrick Redwine and Jaquan Johnson bring more aggressiveness and speed to the secondary. Norton, Moten, and Courtel Jenkins(academics?), will have to plug the middle and get consistent push. Chad will have to bump inside when we use speed rushers. Just not impressed with AQM. We have to ride with our top 7 OLinemen, that's including St. Louis, Milo and Gauthier, because after that they aren't D-1 caliber. Coaching will have to be top knotch to get the most out of current players and recruiting has to average top 10 classes 2016 going forward.

Coley(if he stays), Berrios and Cager give us a reasonable wr group. Add Bruce and one more stud and we're good for '16. Njoku and Walton out of the backfield add to the weaponry. If we are well-schemed, we should be good.
I don't know why there is so little love for Berrios. He was hurt this year. But he is the real thing.

Advertisement
Back