Some Canes about to hit the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why the Phins wanted Waddle but let's not pretend like you can't arbitrage a speed WR. The trade-up to take Waddle 6th is horrendous value. In the best-case scenario he's Joey Galloway or Brandin Cooks 2.0 and it's still not good value. You could probably get Cooks off the Texans for a 3rd right now, giving him his 5th team in 5 years.
Not to add on to the complete derailment of this thread..but I agree with this take. Waddle at #6??? After that injury? I get that everyone is looking for the next Tyreke Hill but ****.

This reminds me of the era when every team was looking for the next 6'4 225lb WR with 4.3 speed and was drafting players like Derrius Heyward-Bey in the top 10 just hoping to strike gold.

Advertisement
Not to add on to the complete derailment of this thread..but I agree with this take. Waddle at #6??? After that injury? I get that everyone is looking for the next Tyreke Hill but ****.

This reminds me of the era when every team was looking for the next 6'4 225lb WR with 4.3 speed and was drafting players like Derrius Heyward-Bey in the top 10 just hoping to strike gold.
He broke a bone in his ankle, he didn't tear up his Achilles or knee. The injury didn't even keep from returning in the same season and he's a full go at Dolphins mini camp for whatever that means in t-shirt and shorts.

He's really fast so that all of sudden has become the way you can label him as just a speed WR. He goes up and makes contested catches. He's great in RAC. He'll break tackles in the quick game. He was on pace for 75 recs and 1671 yards in 12 games at 22 yards per catch. A "speed WR" isn't that productive.

^ You can say the same about Dee Eskridge. ~9 yds RAC per catch, contested catches downfield, insane production. And he's a nasty blocker who played outside a lot unlike Waddle. He went late 2nd round.

Stephen Hill.

This is the era of "the next Tyreek" and "the next Mahomes" (Lock, Zach Wilson, Love).
We will never get this thread back on track.
🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️
We will when the Canes actually hit the portal.

^ You can say the same about Dee Eskridge. ~9 yds RAC per catch, contested catches downfield, insane production. And he's a nasty blocker who played outside a lot unlike Waddle. He went late 2nd round.

Stephen Hill.

This is the era of "the next Tyreek" and "the next Mahomes" (Lock, Zach Wilson, Love).

lol nah there will be a new thread (Insert Player Name) has gone into the portal and that one will take off.

Advertisement

Stephen Hill.

If Eskridge did that in the SEC as opposed to the MAC and his draft profile didn't say he actually struggled with contested catches and had issues with route running maybe he would've been picked high too. Eskridge's production was limited to his senior year at 23 years old. He career up that point was meh at best

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seeing this thread bumped has me like.. Stay or leave already
billy-madison-today-junior.gif

eskridge will be good. Just based on the fact he has Wilson as his qb. He makes every receiver better

If Eskridge did that in the SEC as opposed to the MAC and his draft profile didn't say he actually struggled with contested catches and had issues with route running maybe he would've been picked high too. Eskridge's production was limited to his senior year at 23 years old. He career up that point was meh at best
Draft profile? According to who? Lance Zierlein? His track record isn't that great.

Watch the Toledo game. Eskridge can outside release and highpoint the ball on the boundary with the game on the line. I don't see WRs his size making plays like that except for Steve Smith and Tyreek Hill.

You know who Lance Zierlein criticized for route running? Tyreek Hill. Ask Lance yourself and he'll tell you route running is overrated. Eskridge is new to WR and played in an Air Raid. He's explosive in his routes and that's what matters. He didn't have problems getting open at the Senior Bowl against SEC corners.

Oh his career was meh as he bounced from DB to WR and was injured. He averaged 71 ypg as a Jr and 128 last year.

The point is what would the cost be to trade up from pick 56 to 6? Is Waddle really worth that value difference? Heck I could go deeper and compare Jalen Camp in the 6th round to Waddle at 6 overall. Or how cheap Fuller was to sign in free agency. It's poor asset management and the track record on top 10 WRs is not good. You gotta be a freak like Megatron, Julio, AJ Green or Evans to be worth that draft capital.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back