Some Canes about to hit the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Except saying tua shouldn’t be judged by one season with no talent. Like I said earlier all good Agree to disagree man, this convo will mean nothing by the time football season starts again. Go enjoy the boat or something if your in the keys. You want to discuss pro football we can do it in another thread.
Long Boat Key is in Sarasota....Sold my inshore Boat 4 months ago...might buy another....Offshore this time...

Because Herbert is better...plain & simple....
Herbert was the consensus top prospect until the nicpicking began he’s last szn at Oregon. I remember discussions on this board that thought Herbert was overrated. Imo Tua can still get it done at the NFL level. Year Two he has to show more willingness to push the ball down the field a lot more

Herbert was the consensus top prospect until the nicpicking began he’s last szn at Oregon. I remember discussions on this board that thought Herbert was overrated. Imo Tua can still get it done at the NFL level. Year Two he has to show more willingness to push the ball down the field a lot more
Not sold on Tua one bit....I think Herbert will continue to get better...Would have loved to see him at Miami....

Sauces are telling me that 5* porster CaneInOrlando is mulling the decision to enter the transfer portal. All jokes aside if tua fails Miami has the draft capital to trade up in the draft.

Advertisement
Since you have gotten so far in life from not being scared a little ban bet should be nothing to you. Name one pro bowl player on the offensive side of the ball for dolphins because I know Keenan Allen makes it every year. Just keep ignoring the picture I posted. Facts speak way louder than your BS opinion
Haha Herbert is the truth. There’s no point in denying that. You don’t play as well as he did (31 TDs 10 Ints) as a rookie as a fluke season. Did tua have less weapons, sure. But at the NFL level QBs elevate the weapons around them for the most part not the other way around

Long Boat Key is in Sarasota....Sold my inshore Boat 4 months ago...might buy another....Offshore this time...
Gotcha. I came to the beach today windy as **** in west palm. Can’t be too much different on your side of the peninsula. I was thinking I had never heard of that key. Spend a lot of time down in marathon to key west fishing, diving, and try and get some partying in here and there.

Advertisement
Gotcha. I came to the beach today windy as **** in west palm. Can’t be too much different on your side of the peninsula. I was thinking I had never heard of that key. Spend a lot of time down in marathon to key west fishing, diving, and try and get some partying in here and there.
LongBoat key and Siesta Key in Sarasota are 2 of Fl's Gems...and have been for many yrs....Best Beaches in Fl in my opinion....Love the Keys....but the 70s Keys...A friend I grew up with Grandparents had a home near Marathon...used to Love it....

Supporting cast arguments don't explain how Tua refused to throw the ball downfield aggressively when guys were wide open, or challenge any tight windows with anticipation, while Fitzpatrick did all those things coming off the bench to replace Tua when his indecision frustrated the coaches.

In fact the Dolphins targeting fast WRs who can get tons of separation on RPOs and play action indicates the coaching staff recognizes Tua's limitations and want to simplify things for him with huge throwing windows to wide open receivers who can adjust when he's not pinpoint accurate. I mean that's how Tua had success at Bama so... 🤷‍♂️
I agree. But with really no mini camp, coming off a injury, and no preseason also I’m willing to give Tua a pass on 2020. Going forward you have to be willing to push the ball downfield in the league. Those throws have to be anticipated. Those windows are small. But u have to do it. Any QB in the league has the talent to nibble at a defense and keep the INts downs and the percentage up. The separation from the starter/elite level guys and the journeyman/back ups is the ability to challenge defenses

Nah, they moved down from 3 with added compensation and back to a position where they believed the player's value was commiserate with the pick. He was the second WR taken and some would argue first on many draft boards; I'd challenge you to show me better value for #3 pick than what dolphins received.

I liked Herbert over Tua, but I believe Tua has a championship-level skill-set and plays the position more naturally than anyone I can remember. That said, if you believe Tua "can't push the football", you can't argue a virtually unguardable WR known for destroying angles and taking short passes the distance isn't the best compliment to said QB.

Clearly you forgot this trade happened. They overpaid, two first round picks and 4th/5th swap for to move up 6 spots and take a WR. The kid is dynamic but he's never been a #1 WR and he played on stacked team that where defenses wouldn't dare attempt to key on him. Devonta Smith had more yards in 1 year than Waddle had in 3.

• Mar 26: Dolphins traded the 12th- and 123rd (4th round)-overall picks and a 2022 first-round pick (Miami’s) to the Philadelphia Eagles for the 6th- and 156th (5th round)-overall picks.

Advertisement
LongBoat key and Siesta Key in Sarasota are 2 of Fl's Gems...and have been for many yrs....Best Beaches in Fl in my opinion....Love the Keys....but the 70s Keys...A friend I grew up with Grandparents had a home near Marathon...used to Love it....
I moved down here about 4 years ago and got a buddy who lives in Naples who has been trying to get me over to the west coast. Might have to go check it out one of these weekends. Hard to leave this area though. Always something to do. I’ll be in keywest for my birthday late June and back in marathon for lobster mini season end of July. Have to try to come check out one of those gems sometime in between. You are not the first person to say siesta key is beautiful and a pretty good time.

Advertisement
Waddle better than Smith
Tua better than Herbert

Those stating BEFORE the draft that Herbert was better than Tua and Dolphins should’ve taken him over Tua repost with date stamp...I’ll call the O/U at less than 8 on this site...
I thought Herbert was better. But I also thought Miami had no chance at getting Herbert. I Thought Burrow was going 1, and Washington would want to snatch Herbert

I moved down here about 4 years ago and got a buddy who lives in Naples who has been trying to get me over to the west coast. Might have to go check it out one of these weekends. Hard to leave this area though. Always something to do. I’ll be in keywest for my birthday late June and back in marathon for lobster mini season end of July. Have to try to come check out one of those gems sometime in between. You are not the first person to say siesta key is beautiful and a pretty good time.
I grew up 30 miles North of Naples (Cape Coral)....Sarasota is only an 1 hr and 20mins away....Only Beaches that can compare with Sarasota is the Panhandle (especially South Walton/Grayton Bch)....Captiva and Sanibel are Gorgeous as well...and the Shelling there is unmatched...

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back