Some Canes about to hit the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herbert was the consensus top prospect until the nicpicking began he’s last szn at Oregon. I remember discussions on this board that thought Herbert was overrated. Imo Tua can still get it done at the NFL level. Year Two he has to show more willingness to push the ball down the field a lot more
Not to start this argument again but before tuas hip injury they were talking about whether he or Trevor Lawrence was the best QB to come out since luck. I also think tua is a lot like Tom Brady needs the right offense and supporting cast to be good. A good QB is a big part of winning but NFL needs a good team to win it all. Pat maholmes showed in the super bowl if you are missing just one piece it can all go down hill quickly.

Advertisement
Destin Beaches (Panhandle) are Beautiful as well....In the 80s they were worthy opponents of Sarasota Bchs...still nice...but nothing remains the same...This is my Former Wife & Daughter on Holiday Isle/Destin in 1990....as you can see...Gorgeous Beach...

View attachment 146887
Deleted for my own good??....and both have passed away in the last 13yrs??......who ever the Mod was that deleted it can Suck my D*ck....Delete that.....

Waddle better than Smith
Tua better than Herbert

Those stating BEFORE the draft that Herbert was better than Tua and Dolphins should’ve taken him over Tua repost with date stamp...I’ll call the O/U at less than 8 on this site...
I thought they both sucked before the draft but that Tua sucked more. I don't think that deserves any credit.

I also think Herbert is gonna come back to earth, but I admit year 1 was a positive surprise.

Advertisement
Clearly you forgot this trade happened. They overpaid, two first round picks and 4th/5th swap for to move up 6 spots and take a WR. The kid is dynamic but he's never been a #1 WR and he played on stacked team that where defenses wouldn't dare attempt to key on him. Devonta Smith had more yards in 1 year than Waddle had in 3.

• Mar 26: Dolphins traded the 12th- and 123rd (4th round)-overall picks and a 2022 first-round pick (Miami’s) to the Philadelphia Eagles for the 6th- and 156th (5th round)-overall picks.
1. the average per reception tells the true production, and Devonta doesn't accumulate those stats with a healthy Waddle.

2. Whether you agree with them or not, they got the high-value WR target they coveted + future first rounder.

If Miami wanted Waddle he wasn't going to be there at 12; so how does one overpay if they got the player they wanted plus a first rounder in the future?

Last edited:
1. the average per reception tells the true production, and Devonta doesn't accumulate those stats with a healthy Waddle.

2. Whether you agree with them or not, they got the high-value WR target they coveted + future first rounder.

If Miami wanted Waddle he wasn't going to be there at 12; so how does one overpay if they got the player they wanted plus a first rounder in the future?
You can look at a picture so many different ways but point number 3 is 100% waddle would not have been there at 12, wouldn’t have been surprised if Philly took waddle at 6 if they didn’t trade.

Advertisement
Not to start this argument again but before tuas hip injury they were talking about whether he or Trevor Lawrence was the best QB to come out since luck. I also think tua is a lot like Tom Brady needs the right offense and supporting cast to be good. A good QB is a big part of winning but NFL needs a good team to win it all. Pat maholmes showed in the super bowl if you are missing just one piece it can all go down hill quickly.
Brady needs a supporting cast to be good? I mean in a sense everyone needs someone around them, but Brady has played with Zero HoF offensive players his entire time in NE minus a 1 year stint with Moss(didn’t win Super Bowl, and a possibly Gronk.

Brady comes to a 7 win Tampa team, and boom year 1 they win the Super Bowl. He was the one who elevated the team.

Brady needs a supporting cast to be good? I mean in a sense everyone needs someone around them, but Brady has played with Zero HoF offensive players his entire time in NE minus a 1 year stint with Moss(didn’t win Super Bowl, and a possibly Gronk.

Brady comes to a 7 win Tampa team, and boom year 1 they win the Super Bowl. He was the one who elevated the team.
Brady’s first couple titles were because of his defense and being an efficient player who didn’t make mistakes, sound familiar? He didn’t become the player he is till a couple years into his career.

The offense he played on was not about superstars but having pieces to the puzzle(which I think is what the dolphins currently have).

Brady played on an all star team this past year to say anything less is oblivious to how much talent that team had. Jameis had the most yards in the nfl the year he was QB but he also had the most interceptions. Everyone on this board knows jameis is not a very smart/consistent player and it cost that team multiple wins.

As a dolphins fan it pains me to say Brady is the goat but winning don’t lie. With that said I can see a lot of the same qualities in young tua as we saw in young Brady. Intensity, leadership, pocket presence, didn’t throw many picks till the last game.

Advertisement
What if Elijah Moore or Dee Eskridge achieve the same effect with significantly less draft capital attached?

• Agree
Reactions: ben
Im at the point I’d be surprised Moore isn’t a good player and the steal of the draft.
I understand why the Phins wanted Waddle but let's not pretend like you can't arbitrage a speed WR. The trade-up to take Waddle 6th is horrendous value. In the best-case scenario he's Joey Galloway or Brandin Cooks 2.0 and it's still not good value. You could probably get Cooks off the Texans for a 3rd right now, giving him his 5th team in 5 years.

Advertisement
LongBoat key and Siesta Key in Sarasota are 2 of Fl's Gems...and have been for many yrs....Best Beaches in Fl in my opinion....Love the Keys....but the 70s Keys...A friend I grew up with Grandparents had a home near Marathon...used to Love it....
I love Lido Beach too bro. I get drunk and walk around St. Armand's Circle, but be careful after dark cuz the Popo will give you ****. Love to ride my bike all over Lido and stop at every tiki hut bar on the beach. Those are good times, especially hitting the Ben and Jerry's in the Circle at night, drunk on my bicycle and eat a quart of ice cream. Good times over there for sure. :emot-crown:

Deleted for my own good??....and both have passed away in the last 13yrs??......who ever the Mod was that deleted it can Suck my D*ck....Delete that.....
Im not aware of who passed away when and that im sorry for. I deleted your family out of the beach photo like I deleted a whole picture you put on here of you and your mother in front of a limo I believe a while back as you are a reactive person and I’m trying to help you avoid giving people more reasons to **** with you and then watch you explode as usual.

And no thanks on the sucking your **** offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back