Some Canes about to hit the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ca
There is absolutely no upside in holding onto 6 and 8 at this point. Beyond our top 4 WRs, we need to get other young WRs some burn. 6 and 8 have had more than ample opportunity.

If we didn't have the depth, then that's one thing. But you hold onto 6 and 8, two rising Seniors, and they don't play much (which they shouldn't) then we run the risk of having another tainted WR room of malcontents like in 2018.

Not worth it. Let them go be great elsewhere and wish them luck.

Absolutely no upside?

What if we have a rash of injuries or other guys hit the portal for whatever reason?

Advertisement
We'll see who the names are when they come out but it would be a blow to see anyone transfer that may start next year, such as Campbell on the OL.

The NCAA did their normal thing (nothing) with ICs so anyone hitting the portal better have a wink wink agreement as to where they are going to land. A lot of these transfers are going to find themselves out of D1 football entirely because the NCAA is hot basura.

D-IAA is gonna be AWESOME this year...

Advertisement
Why would anyone want these guys to leave? It’s the dumbest, most childish **** I’ve ever seen.

We can’t replace them and they add depth to the roster so who why the **** do you even care?
I hear all of that, and we can't just go shoving out everyone who is not a starter. That's insane and I agree. But if you think for one second two rising Seniors who were starters at one point but have now been demoted (or should be!) and will be asked to play behind Keyshawn and Restrepo are going to have a good attitude about it, you are high. Ain't happening, and this is coming from someone who was in that same boat myself.

6 and 8 will be moping and *****ing and whining and ultimately divide the WR room. Some &hit we can't have. Let them go have a fresh start and be great elsewhere.

Pro tip: when you post something

Pro tip: When you post some stupid sheeit (we all have), you can hit edit and delete the entire post.
It will still appear in any reply post but it will not be as obvious.
Glenlivet and my old lady b*tching. F*cked up what I was trying to say. I own it.

I hear all of that, and we can't just go shoving out everyone who is not a starter. That's insane and I agree. But if you think for one second two rising Seniors who were starters at one point but have now been demoted (or should be!) and will be asked to play behind Keyshawn and Restrepo are going to have a good attitude about it, you are high. Ain't happening, and this is coming from someone who was in that same boat myself.

6 and 8 will be moping and *****ing and whining and ultimately divide the WR room. Some &hit we can't have. Let them go have a fresh start and be great elsewhere.

You're projecting. You have no idea what they’ll do or how they’ll react.

Advertisement
Yeah. NCAA needs to do something about this IC rule lol.

Thankfully they're totally competent and proactive with their product. /s

What happens if we stay at this 25 number, then kids in limbo gotta drop down a division and then the domino effect just fvcks over athletes in lower divisons?

You should probably say 99% of the people here haven’t played a sport in college. If I were to guess I’d say a good amount of people played some type of sport in high school. But that’s just me. Not trying to be a slapdick or anything.
Don’t include me in that list.

63E1A8CC-DAF9-45AE-A119-7BB65B76437A.jpeg

As much as our two most endearing wrs had controversial performances..losing these two would hurt..especially 6 imo. Very unpopular mob opinion but true
Different take than most; could you elaborate on the rationale?

Advertisement
You're projecting. You have no idea what they’ll do or how they’ll react.
We all are projecting but IF they decide to dip, I think that gives some credence to their attitude about it. Drop after drop, awful play after awful play they kept getting chances and kept getting trotted out. Then in Spring they see their snaps start to dwindle and immediately hit the portal? That's soft. For the record, I rarely want ANY cane to transfer, I want lifers. But in this scenario I cannot see how that is acceptable or forgivable. There always can be an exception but unless that comes out it is what it is.

We’ve seen this story play out. None of the TF WRs are even on campus. And y’all making some into sr Hs HL reel All Americans..just like y’all fell in love with Pope in 18 and clamored for him to get pt...I know it’s hard for some of y’all to digest, Pope was the most impressive WR in the spring game. Was open against the ones alll game. Losing him and Wiggins will leaves a void...same dumb *** **** y’all said about cager. Rinse, repeat..now post your go to vomit reaction 😂

We’ve seen this story play out. None of the TF WRs are even on campus. And y’all making some into sr Hs HL reel All Americans..just like y’all fell in love with Pope in 18 and clamored for him to get pt...I know it’s hard for some of y’all to digest, Pope was the most impressive WR in the spring game. Was open against the ones alll game. Losing him and Wiggins will leaves a void...same dumb *** **** y’all said about cager. Rinse, repeat..now post your go to vomit reaction 😂

**** and Wiggy are trash a@@ WR's and any defense of them at this point proves that your related to 1 of them

There is absolutely no upside in holding onto 6 and 8 at this point. Beyond our top 4 WRs, we need to get other young WRs some burn. 6 and 8 have had more than ample opportunity.

If we didn't have the depth, then that's one thing. But you hold onto 6 and 8, two rising Seniors, and they don't play much (which they shouldn't) then we run the risk of having another tainted WR room of malcontents like in 2018.

Not worth it. Let them go be great elsewhere and wish them luck.
I completely agree. I don't want their attitude, behavior, and performance to set the precedent for younger players.

To play devils advocate, I would like to see how they play with proper tough coaching. With being held accountable, I wonder if Wiggins could actually go up and fight for balls, or both Pope and Wiggins could catch, if their starting spot and scholarship were on the line.

Young men are capable of great things, but sometimes they need to be pushed or held accountable.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So all players who transfer are pu**ies? Come on...
I didn’t say that. Patchan isn’t a pu$$y. Lingard isn’t a pu$$y either. They maybe lack talent but they aren’t pu$$ies.

Pope and Wiggins are arguably the least physical guys we have on the team. They can’t get off press coverage, they have alligator arms on deep balls, and don’t fight for 50/50 balls. Pope is so fragile coaches were worried about him getting his feelings hurt. Yes, I’m calling them pu$$ies and I’d say it to their face if they transfer. It would all but solidify the truth.

We’ve all been waiting 3 years for the 7 on 7 legend Pope to pull out his tampon. I don’t believe the bleeding will ever stop.

I didn’t say that. Patchan isn’t a pu$$y. Lingard isn’t a pu$$y either. They maybe lack talent but they aren’t pu$$ies.

Pope and Wiggins are arguably the least physical guys we have on the team. They can’t get off press coverage, they have alligator arms on deep balls, and don’t fight for 50/50 balls. Pope is so fragile coaches were worried about him getting his feelings hurt. Yes, I’m calling them pu$$ies and I’d say it to their face if they transfer. It would all but solidify the truth.

We’ve all been waiting 3 years for the 7 on 7 legend Pope to pull out his tampon. I don’t believe the bleeding will ever stop.
No sorry Lingard is a *****. Patchan's a good dude.

Pope is mentally soft but cares. Wiggins don’t even look like he cares. His body
Language is horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back