Some Canes about to hit the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Keyboard Warriors unite..99% of these fvckers haven’t play a high school sport much less collegiate
You should probably say 99% of the people here haven’t played a sport in college. If I were to guess I’d say a good amount of people played some type of sport in high school. But that’s just me. Not trying to be a slapdick or anything.

People talk about no loyalty in sports, when coaches/teams make decisions that are in the best interest of the team and not the individual. But.......man, pope and wiggins....these two should be on their knees thanking manny for the amount of chances they’ve been given. I don’t care if they decide to transfer, good riddance, but just for how many chances they were given and as soon as the PT (finally) starts to dry up, they bounce for the nearest exit?

As much as our two most endearing wrs had controversial performances..losing these two would hurt..especially 6 imo. Very unpopular mob opinion but true
The part you are missing is that holding on to those 2 only takes chances away from other guys. We will never know how good anyone else is by catering to Wiggins and Pope for another year.

Ill bet anything that if Lashlee is openly saying he isnt looking for a 3 headed monster at RB and just wants one workhorse..that is the same sentiment being told in the WR room. Enough of this 8 WR rotation BS..Give me the best 4 guys and tell the rest of them to stay ready in case someone gets injured or isnt performing up to standards. Period.

No other elite college team goes past their best 4 WRs in a rotation. **** even in our glory days most people didnt even know who the 5th WR was on the roster. **** I had to think hard about who the 4th WR was on the teams from the mid-80s after Irvin, Blades, and Perriman! (I remembered it was Andre Brown) But you get my point. There is no more room for them in the rotation if they cant beat out Rambo and KSmith who is essentially their comp right now.

Advertisement
If we are under the 85 then we need them to stay for depth. The ACC is a long season. Need people to run scout team and practice reps in November.

Where do all these kids think they are going to go? I transferred down to D-2 ball after an injury. The quality of life is so much better to be a backup on a D-1 team than a starter on a D-2 team.

Just remember, the number of players going into the portal, the total from all schools, is going to be greater than the number of players that are accepted into other schools.

It is not going out on a limb to say there’s going to be way more portal declarations then there will be actual portal transfers, by a significant margin.

Which means in a couple of months or so, there’s going to be a bunch of guys in limbo.

Yep, guys are banking on themselves quite a bit to take that risk. I wonder how it works with tampering - wouldn't be surprised if kids reach out to other schools via backdoor channels to make handshake deals before entering the portal. Otherwise, as you say, it's a risky proposition especially for guys who have been mostly disappointments in college.

But hey, maybe Pope can finally go to this dream school - UF - that he's tried to go to for years.

Advertisement
The part you are missing is that holding on to those 2 only takes chances away from other guys. We will never know how good anyone else is by catering to Wiggins and Pope for another year.

Ill bet anything that if Lashlee is openly saying he isnt looking for a 3 headed monster at RB and just wants one workhorse..that is the same sentiment being told in the WR room. Enough of this 8 WR rotation BS..Give me the best 4 guys and tell the rest of them to stay ready in case someone gets injured or isnt performing up to standards. Period.

No other elite college team goes past their best 4 WRs in a rotation. **** even in our glory days most people didnt even know who the 5th WR was on the roster. **** I had to think hard about who the 4th WR was on the teams from the mid-80s after Irvin, Blades, and Perriman! (I remembered it was Andre Brown) But you get my point. There is no more room for them in the rotation if they cant beat out Rambo and KSmith who is essentially their comp right now.
The game has changed and teams are running more plays than ever. Guys need breathers and the formations are more spread out. You need 6-7 guys that can play now

The game has changed and teams are running more plays than ever. Guys need breathers and the formations are more spread out. You need 6-7 guys that can play now
I watch alot of Bama games due to gambling and I dont see them running 6-7 WRs in their rotation. Esp the last 2-3 years. Even LSU didnt run 6-7 guys in their rotation when they won the championship. You saw Chase, Jefferson and Marshall getting all the snaps..Elite teams dont do it and i stand by that. If you have 4 studs, they get 90% of the snaps. Everyone else, stay ready. JMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We'll see who the names are when they come out but it would be a blow to see anyone transfer that may start next year, such as Campbell on the OL.

The NCAA did their normal thing (nothing) with ICs so anyone hitting the portal better have a wink wink agreement as to where they are going to land. A lot of these transfers are going to find themselves out of D1 football entirely because the NCAA is hot basura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back