Some Canes about to hit the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
funny you say this because I can't remember ever seeing anyone with worse body language than Pope. He looks so indifferent, drives me nuts. There is another characteristic to his movement that I will not comment on but is very noticeable.

His body language is bad, but I see it differently. I see him as someone who gets shook real easily. I remember at the FSU game we stomped a pussyhole in them, but it was either late in the first quarter or sometime in the second quarter, when he fumbles a punt while running backwards and FSU recovered. I watch him all the way to the sideline ans kept watching, and as he was all jittery and jumpy and mopey. He was really shook.

The kind of shook where you just take it with you for the rest of the game it seems like. Although he caught passes after that, it confirmed in my mind what I had already been seeing before, that he he gets psychologically affected too easily.

Of course in that game it didn’t matter, but it could’ve been a momentum changer in a closer game, for example Thomas in the UF game.

Anyway the result is the same weather due to lack of indifference like you say, or from my perspective, he just gets shook too easily, either way the result is the same. Dropped passes and lost scoring opportunities.

The part you are missing is that holding on to those 2 only takes chances away from other guys. We will never know how good anyone else is by catering to Wiggins and Pope for another year.

Ill bet anything that if Lashlee is openly saying he isnt looking for a 3 headed monster at RB and just wants one workhorse..that is the same sentiment being told in the WR room. Enough of this 8 WR rotation BS..Give me the best 4 guys and tell the rest of them to stay ready in case someone gets injured or isnt performing up to standards. Period.

No other elite college team goes past their best 4 WRs in a rotation. **** even in our glory days most people didnt even know who the 5th WR was on the roster. **** I had to think hard about who the 4th WR was on the teams from the mid-80s after Irvin, Blades, and Perriman! (I remembered it was Andre Brown) But you get my point. There is no more room for them in the rotation if they cant beat out Rambo and KSmith who is essentially their comp right now.
Most teams use a 6 man rotation at WR because 11 personnel is the base package for almost everybody in 2021. You have a starter at X,Y and Z and a backup at each spot. We actually rotated at WR less than most teams last year. Pope, Wiggins and Harley got almost every rep and most of the board wasn't happy about it. The coaches have been vocal about playing more guys. The starters (likely Smith, Rambo and Harley) will get a majority but there will be a fresh guy rotating in from time to time. Remember, back in the old days we ran fewer plays, threw fewer passes and used fewer receivers since we ran mostly a pro-style system with 12 personnel.

If the rumors are true about one or both senior wide receivers transferring, it's likely because they were told they would not be in the rotation or would at least be getting a significant reduction in snaps.

When did zion become a high draft pick? What the **** o-line have y’all been watching? If Campbell was that good he would be at RT over and scaife and williams.
Zion Nelson is definitely a high pick and I don’t know what you’ve been watching. The guy allowed 1 sack last year land probably one of the most athletic OT for next year. He’s a prototypical LT in the nfl. He’s already projected as a 1st rounder next year.

Pope and Wiggins are too Dade county to leave the U. Even if they don’t play. The most they transfer to is fau, FIU... or MAYBE USF. If they would leave

Advertisement
Most teams use a 6 man rotation at WR because 11 personnel is the base package for almost everybody in 2021. You have a starter at X,Y and Z and a backup at each spot. We actually rotated at WR less than most teams last year. Pope, Wiggins and Harley got almost every rep and most of the board wasn't happy about it. The coaches have been vocal about playing more guys. The starters (likely Smith, Rambo and Harley) will get a majority but there will be a fresh guy rotating in from time to time. Remember, back in the old days we ran fewer plays, threw fewer passes and used fewer receivers since we ran mostly a pro-style system with 12 personnel.

If the rumors are true about one or both senior wide receivers transferring, it's likely because they were told they would not be in the rotation or would at least be getting a significant reduction in snaps.
Yeah teams like LSU and UF rotate a ton at WR and TE. I shared my rotation and Pope wasn't in it so...

So my only question is how did @Cribby know them boys wanted to transfer after just the 2nd scrimmage...like if you're focused on transferring in the middle of the spring that means you're not focused on improving your game imo...like your mind is basically made up and it is quitting to me

Advertisement
Dreams do come true after all. If they transfer it only solidifies our thoughts they are pu$$ies.
I never want to see guys who know our system and playbook to leave. Even at 2nd team you never know when one of them is going to make a game breaking catch that saves us when/if a starter goes down.

yes they have severely disappointed but who’s behind them on depth that you’ve heard of that have been proven better?..... (crickets)

I didn’t say that. Patchan isn’t a pu$$y. Lingard isn’t a pu$$y either. They maybe lack talent but they aren’t pu$$ies.

Pope and Wiggins are arguably the least physical guys we have on the team. They can’t get off press coverage, they have alligator arms on deep balls, and don’t fight for 50/50 balls. Pope is so fragile coaches were worried about him getting his feelings hurt. Yes, I’m calling them pu$$ies and I’d say it to their face if they transfer. It would all but solidify the truth.

We’ve all been waiting 3 years for the 7 on 7 legend Pope to pull out his tampon. I don’t believe the bleeding will ever stop.

1619726125211.gif

Advertisement
This is not unreasonable, but I'm not certain it would be all that great to keep a 1:1 ratio forever and I am somewhat concerned about the potential for abuse. For this season (post-covid, extra eligibility, open transfers), I'd be down with one exempt transfer in for every transfer out, but I think I would want some upper limit moving forward. Something like a 1:1 exemption ratio for up to 5 transfers. Beyond that, you get no additional IC relief for transfer. I'd also want to make certain transfer ICs could only be used for transfers (not HS kids, otherwise we aren't solving the problem of getting these kids out of the portal).

It would also make sense to allow each graduate transfer out to allow for an IC exemption beyond any proposed limit. So let's say UM had 8 kids transfer out, but 2 graduated, UM would get 7 ICs for transfer beyond their 25 ICs (limit of 5 plus 2 more for the graduate transfers). This way the schools who are graduating kids before they transfer get a little more IC relief than the schools who are just pushing kids out to make more room for transfers.

Look at the issue as "micro vs. macro".

I realize that FOR ONE SCHOOL it could seem like a 1-for-1 rule could give them too many transfers. But in a macro sense, every scholarship kid who transfers just goes to another school, so across the whole "scholarship ecosystem" there is harmony.

Also, if Alabama wants to take transfers to replace "five kids who went to the NFL early", they have to use their regular 25 ICs. A 1-for-1 transfer rule should be in place simply to keep ANY school from being devastated by transfers, such that they can never get back to 85 under the 25 per year limitation.

And, yes, I agree with you that any 1-for-1 IC "exemptions" could only be used for transfers-in. Losing 7 transfers doesn't allow a school to sign 32 high school kids.

Zion Nelson is definitely a high pick and I don’t know what you’ve been watching. The guy allowed 1 sack last year land probably one of the most athletic OT for next year. He’s a prototypical LT in the nfl. He’s already projected as a 1st rounder next year.
King had a lot to do with the low sack numbers. And projected by who as a 1st round pick? I haven’t seen or heard that

Advertisement
Keyboard Warriors unite..99% of these fvckers haven’t play a high school sport much less collegiate
Who gives a *** if these guys are keyboard warriors. Some people are tired of seeing mediocre players still playing who have terrible attitudes and refuse to improve themselves.
Stop getting butthurt that these players get called trash when they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back