Some Canes about to hit the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Look at the issue as "micro vs. macro".

I realize that FOR ONE SCHOOL it could seem like a 1-for-1 rule could give them too many transfers. But in a macro sense, every scholarship kid who transfers just goes to another school, so across the whole "scholarship ecosystem" there is harmony.

Also, if Alabama wants to take transfers to replace "five kids who went to the NFL early", they have to use their regular 25 ICs. A 1-for-1 transfer rule should be in place simply to keep ANY school from being devastated by transfers, such that they can never get back to 85 under the 25 per year limitation.

And, yes, I agree with you that any 1-for-1 IC "exemptions" could only be used for transfers-in. Losing 7 transfers doesn't allow a school to sign 32 high school kids.
I have concerns about schools forcing students out to "create" transfer ICs. Could end up being a "rich get even richer" scenario

Advertisement
If you get into a bad recruiting cycle, like the Canes did with QBs, OL and WR, deficiencies can become glaring when they make it to the field. Particularly when the cupboards bare and they end up as one of the, or the, best alternatives at their position.

A lot of Canes in those positions hit their ceiling in this program and never improved as they needed, or we hoped. Some of its on the athlete, but some of its on the evaluation, recruiting and coaching (development). That's even more critical when you aren't winning and the 5 stars want to go where they can win a NC. Rosier was told he'd never start and the program was forced to depend on him for most of two seasons - even though you might say we lucked out with him winning the Coastal, but that was it and that said a lot about the state of the program.
the problem is when you project recruits with mediocre production, history has a way of repeating itself. I just looked at us overlooking Elijah Moore, and you really have to wonder about these evaluations

Advertisement
People nitpick King without realizing what a transformational difference he has made for our offense, compared to the last decade plus. You can make the argument we are a 4-5 win team without him last year.

Especially, as the game has evolved and rules favor the offense, we haven’t kept up, and King/Lashlee have given us a glimpse of what that transformation needs to continue to be.
That argument has actually been made..... but as a way to **** on Manny....

Advertisement
Bored GIF

no it doesn't & this isn't cool bro...you a grown man calling guys 20-21 year ***** cuz they left your fav team come on now. We gotta be better than this. i know it's all jokes and stuff but i don't see how this is funny.
STFU. You’re exactly the problem. You’re a grown man at 20-21 buddy. I’m not calling out a HS kid. These ******* have had 3 years with immense playing time to prove themselves. They suck PERIOD

I don’t care who they play for either. I call it as I see it with every player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back