Some 7-on-7 observations

Advertisement
Coley has taken it to another level. i think he realizes he can make a lot of money and he is hungry now. for a sophomore his leadership is really good.

D - how did Duke and Yearby look from a recovery standpoint? Wondering if they looked, quick/twitchy, hesitant, took more/less breaks, etc.

Coley has taken it to another level. i think he realizes he can make a lot of money and he is hungry now. for a sophomore his leadership is really good.

He is not the only one taking things to another level. This team led by the handful of seniors, but by the larger Junior group is taking things to another level!!!

Advertisement

He is not the only one taking things to another level. This team led by the handful of seniors, but by the larger Junior group is taking things to another level!!!

I've been saying for a while there is talent and leadership on this team. If we suck this year, it's on the staff.....

Like the way the QB competition is setting up. Olsen being pushed before it even starts. Kaaya will take the competition to a new level. I remember Olsen on the Elite 11. He started slow, absorbed everything and closed hard and well. I know we have become a little unhappy with him, but kid might surprise us after all. Starting to look like a fur ball at the QB competition. I like that a lot. A solid QB situation will help this team pop several levels up. Think about Tally last year IF we had a QB who marched the field on the second half kick off instead of 3 and out! As sad as we where, I think we win that game in that case. I hope these three kids beat the crap out of each other in a fight to the death.

Sounds like Coley is intend on leaving as one of the best ever at THE U. Give that kid a QB, Duke&Joe, with a TE who gets used and hang on to the score board. I get so excited when I think about the players we have. Lord I pray the coaching staff can come up to the players level. Some one send me some Kool Aide, please! I want to believe.

I've been saying for a while there is talent and leadership on this team. If we suck this year, it's on the staff.....

Honestly i think the shift changed once the seniors from last year graduated with a combination of AL Golden saying its time. They have the team to make a run and the focus is there. im sure their goals are to beat FSU and win the ACC championship. WE need both of those to be successful. before this off-season i couldnt find a leader on this team since Lamar miller and CO left.

Advertisement

Honestly i think the shift changed once the seniors from last year graduated with a combination of AL Golden saying its time. They have the team to make a run and the focus is there. im sure their goals are to beat FSU and win the ACC championship. WE need both of those to be successful. before this off-season i couldnt find a leader on this team since Lamar miller and CO left.

There were leaders in that group?

Like the way the QB competition is setting up. Olsen being pushed before it even starts. Kaaya will take the competition to a new level. I remember Olsen on the Elite 11. He started slow, absorbed everything and closed hard and well. I know we have become a little unhappy with him, but kid might surprise us after all. Starting to look like a fur ball at the QB competition. I like that a lot. A solid QB situation will help this team pop several levels up. Think about Tally last year IF we had a QB who marched the field on the second half kick off instead of 3 and out! As sad as we where, I think we win that game in that case. I hope these three kids beat the crap out of each other in a fight to the death.

Sounds like Coley is intend on leaving as one of the best ever at THE U. Give that kid a QB, Duke&Joe, with a TE who gets used and hang on to the score board. I get so excited when I think about the players we have. Lord I pray the coaching staff can come up to the players level. Some one send me some Kool Aide, please! I want to believe.

It speaks well for Olsen that after the slow start and Rosier playing well, he settled in and played better. He didn't tank.

Herb Waters was awesome at defensive back and had multiple picks. He probably could've played there at a high level.

Back when he was being recruited, many thought he had the higher potential as a safety. Kid's an athlete though. I think he would have succeeded at corner as well.

Advertisement
D - I know this is a sort of ridiculous question to asked based on a stupid 7v7 viewing, but when you watched Rosier, does he just have the look of a guy who might have it? I think you might know what I mean... sometimes kids just look it and you can tell that they have a chance of being something, even if there are obvious flaws.

Way too early for that. He threw like 10 passes total.

Rosier is a guy who you need to see in live action, since running is such a big part of his game. I did like his general demeanor, though. Seemed serious and carried himself with some confidence.

I tried to debunk the whole Coley/character thing for you guys years ago but some people didn't pay attention.

Played against the kid for 3 years. Never saw character issues. Kid was always the most focused player on their team. Kid is special.

Advertisement
I tried to debunk the whole Coley/character thing for you guys years ago but some people didn't pay attention.

Played against the kid for 3 years. Never saw character issues. Kid was always the most focused player on their team. Kid is special.
Character issues snowball out of control. Sometimes you never know where they come from or how. I knew all about Coleys talent but I never worried a bit after his NSD announcement. Kids that keep to themselves or are introspective are sometimes viewed as selfish and arrogant when it's really the complete opposite. I think that's what we have in Coley. Just my opinion though.

Character issues snowball out of control. Sometimes you never know where they come from or how. I knew all about Coleys talent but I never worried a bit after his NSD announcement. Kids that keep to themselves or are introspective are sometimes viewed as selfish and arrogant when it's really the complete opposite. I think that's what we have in Coley. Just my opinion though.

Everything I've heard suggests that Stacey is as serious as a freight train wreck. He stays focused, he'll be a true master of his craft.

Coley has made a believer out of me, kid is a high first round talent, As he adds muscle and bulk, look out.

That long release from Rosier makes me nervous.

What do you think about the QB battle going down this summer?

I can't imagine any kind of substantive QB battle over the summer. If there is, there will be way too many assumptions and bias involved - even from our coaches. The QB battle, for better or for worse, has to take place with pads on during 11 on 11 situations. At that point, we'll see. Watched as much of Kaaya and Rosier as I could on the internet. I'm skeptical of either being ready. Are they a better bet for us than KO? I have no idea until I see them live.

To be expecting one of these 18 year olds to come in and rock it…this is not a good situation. Regardless, Coach Coley and I seem to value different things in a QB, so my opinion is almost completely irrelevant in terms of what I hope to see vs. what we will see.

Advertisement
Back