Some 7-on-7 observations

Marques Gayot already looks like a WILL and made several nice plays on the ball.

what does this mean? I thought Gayot was a Safety.

He is, but he's already bigger than Jermaine Grace. He looks like a linebacker, size-wise.

Advertisement
Marques Gayot already looks like a WILL and made several nice plays on the ball.

yea but the guy can easily add the weight to become a **** of a WLB....happens to the best of schools
I saw Georgia turn Alec Ogletree that kid turned into a nice player and got drafted...the kids that can
go from safety to LB usually can cover those TEs and slot wrs...

He is, but he's already bigger than Jermaine Grace. He looks like a linebacker, size-wise.

Very interesting indeed. Question how much weight do you think Duke & Yearby gained so far. It's very important that they both can handle the punishment of picking up the blitz

Thanks for the update Dmoney, did Duke and Yearby look like they were both healthy?

Advertisement

The writing was on the wall with Gayot when he committed here. He was gonna out grow the safety position, that is why many kept complaining about our safety situation even after the commit. It had nothing to do with Gayot as a commit, most just knew he was gonna end up a Will.

Advertisement
**** shame that Kaaya wasn't out there (even though it was just a 7on7). I'm sl sure we all wanna get some feedback as to how he's handling the transition to college

I hear you, but I'm sure we will be getting plenty of feedback soon enough. I'm just glad we won't be asking the punter to be a backup QB...

The competition should be fierce and may the best player win.

Is sandland gonna get any meaningful burn ? Don't see how

what's folks thoughts of him red-shirting?

Probably would mean the end of us getting JUCO studs.

Sandland was a top 10 JUCO and wanted by pretty much everybody in the country. You can't shirt that guy and expect it to not have a negative impact.

The mandate is "here for 2, then get me to the league"

We have enough struggles getting JUCO talent as it is.

Sandland simply has to step up his game and demand more playing time.

Is sandland gonna get any meaningful burn ? Don't see how

what's folks thoughts of him red-shirting?

Probably would mean the end of us getting JUCO studs.

Sandland was a top 10 JUCO and wanted by pretty much everybody in the country. You can't shirt that guy and expect it to not have a negative impact.

The mandate is "here for 2, then get me to the league"

We have enough struggles getting JUCO talent as it is.

Sandland simply has to step up his game and demand more playing time.

I love Warlord, but if this dude or Dobard show they can catch the ball consistently play them.

Advertisement
D - I know this is a sort of ridiculous question to asked based on a stupid 7v7 viewing, but when you watched Rosier, does he just have the look of a guy who might have it? I think you might know what I mean... sometimes kids just look it and you can tell that they have a chance of being something, even if there are obvious flaws.

It's very interesting that Coley was criticized as having a poor attitude and work ethic, but at UM he has been the exact opposite.

Advertisement
D - I know this is a sort of ridiculous question to asked based on a stupid 7v7 viewing, but when you watched Rosier, does he just have the look of a guy who might have it? I think you might know what I mean... sometimes kids just look it and you can tell that they have a chance of being something, even if there are obvious flaws.

Sounds like a kid that wants to get after it, we need that attitude from our QB's instead of the snickers you win some you lose some.

It's very interesting that Coley was criticized as having a poor attitude and work ethic, but at UM he has been the exact opposite.

Seems like a kid that knows what it takes to get that Cash at the next level. Would love for him to work with Reggie Wayne and the other guys that come down and worout in the off-season.

Advertisement
Back