SoFlo Stars Responding to TOUGH coaching

View as article

Stevo365

Freshman
Premium

Kam Kinchens had a historic game with 8 total tackles & 3 Interceptions 1 which was returned for a 99 yard TD.

We have all expected greatness from Kam since his days at MNW. Earlier in the year vs MTSU, UNC his eyes got him in trouble leading to multiple BIG plays even though in both games those same eyes lead him to a INT. The staff challenged him to continue to be aggressive but within the structure of the defense to limit the risk. Coach Cristobal when watching film late at night stated "I think I have the building to myself and then I see kam it's like he is trying to outwork me"

Jaylan Knighton has been electric in a canes uniform however as canes fans know he can be prone to Ball Security issues. After 3 fumbles in 4 games the coaching staff sent a message to rooster by sitting him all UVA game and only 4 carries vs FSU (one went for longest run of the season for 45 yards). With Parrish out vs GT the team leaned on Rooster who showed his explosiveness while running with TOUGHNESS & PHYSICALITY but most importantly TWO HANDS on the football at any point of contact.

Advertisement

Kam Kinchens had a historic game with 8 total tackles & 3 Interceptions 1 which was returned for a 99 yard TD.

We have all expected greatness from Kam since his days at MNW. Earlier in the year vs MTSU, UNC his eyes got him in trouble leading to multiple BIG plays even though in both games those same eyes lead him to a INT. The staff challenged him to continue to be aggressive but within the structure of the defense to limit the risk. Coach Cristobal when watching film late at night stated "I think I have the building to myself and then I see kam it's like he is trying to outwork me"

Jaylan Knighton has been electric in a canes uniform however as canes fans know he can be prone to Ball Security issues. After 3 fumbles in 4 games the coaching staff sent a message to rooster by sitting him all UVA game and only 4 carries vs FSU (one went for longest run of the season for 45 yards). With Parrish out vs GT the team leaned on Rooster who showed his explosiveness while running with TOUGHNESS & PHYSICALITY but most importantly TWO HANDS on the football at any point of contact.

Good post as always, @Stevo365
Always on da $$$

After the FSU game I was truly believe the team had fully quit on the season and there was too many bad eggs in the locker room

This game while not being amazing showed there is still quite a few players who care and when they play there is a difference… really happy to see it

Nice concise write up, well done. It’s tough at times but gratifying to see true leaders step up, face adversity, and kick it in its teeth. Others will start and have started to follow. That’s something that’s been sorely missed here for a long time. Kudos to those leaders as they are the bedrock for all things about to come.

Advertisement
After the FSU game I was truly believe the team had fully quit on the season and there was too many bad eggs in the locker room

This game while not being amazing showed there is still quite a few players who care and when they play there is a difference… really happy to see it

The question comes against Clemson and Pitt….can this team play from behind if necessary and not melt because the offense can’t move the ball.

Need that fortitude to turn the corner.

Advertisement

Great work. My only complaint about Rooster is that he keeps the ball in his right hand. Not only does that make it easier to strip when running left, but he also can’t use his right hand to stiff arm the defender.

That was by far the hardest Rooster has run in his entire career. Kid really ran ****ed off. If we can get that version of him and some increased ball security, I would absolutely take him back next year.

Agree. I thought the kid's hardest run would to the portal this off-season, but maybe he's growing up a little bit and is starting to respond to this new regime.

The question comes against Clemson and Pitt….can this team play from behind if necessary and not melt because the offense can’t move the ball.

Need that fortitude to turn the corner.

Fvck that. The question is can we move the dam ball in the first place lol. Pitt and Clemson both have top 30 run defenses.

Advertisement
I've been saying this. It is part of the process. Getting players to elevate their play and play more physical and aggressive while being disciplined. Time to separate men from boys. Everyone wants to fire the coaches every other game ( and I agree maybe one or two need to go) but if the culture doesn't change it will always be the same problem . Our coaching carousel in the last 15 yrs supports my statement

Starting to seem like it was a come to Jesus loss

Advertisement
That was by far the hardest Rooster has run in his entire career. Kid really ran ****ed off. If we can get that version of him and some increased ball security, I would absolutely take him back next year.

Its the same type of confidence he had year one when runnig, but this time you can see tht it was constantly every chance he had it was a "prove myself" biiig chip on the shoulder time of running. Legs kept moving, and get every single yard he could.

Advertisement
Back