Sobering QB tweet

Advertisement
I'm far more surprised that Berlin attempted a pass in the NFL than I am that he was the last 'Cane QB to do it.

To be fair,

Stephen Morris: Was on the active roster for the Colts in 2015, and was on the practice squad for a few teams
Brad Kayaa: Was on the roster for the Panthers in 2017, and later on the practice squad for the Lions and Colts

Point well taken when we're debating whether a few guys threw a pass or two in an NFL game over the last 16 years.

One fact you guys are leaving out.only one of our nc winning qbs had a meaningful nfl career and that was kosar.the other four didn't do much.those nc teams had great players around good game managing qbs.plus we were blessed with good coaching staffs.today we've sucked for 15 yrs not just because of our qbs.

Advertisement
Agree with this. I argue all the time with rivals that the standard never changes. But I’m beginning to change my stripes. Or, at least recognize that I need to crawl a little before I can sprint.

I will say this, this is the year for Manny, point blank. Last year was beyond unacceptable, but I’m never advocating firing a coach after Year 1. However, if there’s not at least 10 wins or a Coastal title, he’s unequivocally NOT the guy and he’s gotta go. Any coach worth a chit would win the Coastal with probably more blue chips than the rest of the division combined AND a proven upper echelon QB. There are no excuses. If the defense fails us, that’s obviously on him and he’s gotta go. And if the offense somehow fails us with King, Lashlee, and the rest of kids on that side, then he can’t motivate his way out of a wet paper bag and has to go as well.

There shouldn’t ever be an excuse for not winning the Coastal. But this year it’s a literal fireable offense not to.
You basically get blown out by FIU. I think everybody should be fired in entire Hecht Dept.

Whoa... Frank Costa was one tough SOB. He had a horrible OL and took an absolute beating. Maybe Sapp should’ve started with the OL and their Coach... was it Kehoe?

They always try and talk wbout frank costa being tough, lol, we didnt need him being tuff, we needed him to throw the got damyum ball to the open receivers, the only thing costa did tuff was loses, GTFOH with that scrub qb!

Advertisement
UCF is paying Shannon $1m so how we’re we bringing omg him back for half of that???

Oh yeah... we weren’t.

Come on genius, had manny offered him before blake baker it would've been a done deal,instead UM almost let shannon walk over to Lsu, crying shame how UM treats their own!

Come on genius, had manny offered him before blake baker it would've been a done deal,instead UM almost let shannon walk over to Lsu, crying shame how UM treats their own!
Stop making excuses. You said we could have had him for $500k and he got $1m.

They always try and talk wbout frank costa being tough, lol, we didnt need him being tuff, we needed him to throw the got damyum ball to the open receivers, the only thing costa did tuff was loses, GTFOH with that scrub qb!
Lol! Rocky Marciano - boo!!!!!!

You’re a piece of work, man.

Coming to America - great movie.

Advertisement
If there was a time Miami could have went spread but didn't when was it? Like actual talks, either HC or OC but went in a different direction.
I don’t think any of our previous coaches had any interest in running a spread/air raid offense at all. The only one who attempted to do it was Richt but his offensive staff was full of friends and family and nobody had any spread experience so it was a bomb. Golden and Shannon were hyper conservative coaches. They wanted the offense to bleed the clock and keep the defense off the field. Golden’s defense was so terrible though that they often had to play catch up on offense a lot. Those couple of seasons with Mad Bomber Morris and Duke Johnson were probably our best offensive seasons since 2002. Unfortunately the defense was so garbage, they had to score 40+ points to give us a chance to win.

Duke dropped bags for Daniel Jones?
NC State dropped bags for Ryan Finley? For Jacoby Brissett?
Louisville dropped bags for Lamar Jackson?
FSU dropped bags for Christian Ponder?
UNC dropped bags for Mitchell Trubisky?

I know a lot of those dudes aren't NFL Hall of Famers (Lamar excluded, he's obviously a monster), but that's not the point. That's 6 dudes I named off the top of my head in literally 15 seconds without thinking just from ACC schools.

Weak *** argument. Recruit and develop a kid at the position. All of our competition has been.
Daniel Jones will be in the HOF.

If you're using losing a game after having a lead as an example, then they are the same. I remember watching a great lead just disappear in the fourth quarter all through the Golden years.
True. I remember just about every moment of the Golden years being disgusting with the sole exception of the win over the gator. Using Golden as a measuring stick is the issue. I know a guy who is an easy 450lbs. Compared to him my 310 is slim whereas it is in truth morbidly obese. Of course I am a guy who loss interest in the Fins during Dan's years because they sucked compare to the early 70's teams. I am spoiled.

Advertisement
Not that this is a surprise, but it just caused me to do a double take. Guess I just hadn’t really thought about it like this, but ****, we really need to be better at the most important position in sports.

Mr. King, show us whatcha got

I am sure I recall posts on this sote mentioning Stephen Morris as an NFL kid. Guess he never actually played there.

But yet the fools on this board expect us to play for a national championship every year. NO QB, No Punter, No Kicker. **** O Coordinator, how in the world was this man expected to win. Now there are no excuses to meet Clemson.

Manny evaluated and hand picked his own QB last year, and then spent the entire offseason telling us how mature, talented and how much of hard worker he is and would bring leadership to the QB room. None of those things were true. Manny’s fault!

Manny handpicked Enos! He could’ve had a spread guy but he chose Enos! Manny’s fault

Finally, our punter was pretty good last years

Duke dropped bags for Daniel Jones?
NC State dropped bags for Ryan Finley? For Jacoby Brissett?
Louisville dropped bags for Lamar Jackson?
FSU dropped bags for Christian Ponder?
UNC dropped bags for Mitchell Trubisky?

I know a lot of those dudes aren't NFL Hall of Famers (Lamar excluded, he's obviously a monster), but that's not the point. That's 6 dudes I named off the top of my head in literally 15 seconds without thinking just from ACC schools.

Weak *** argument. Recruit and develop a kid at the position. All of our competition has been.
talent evaluation and player development have been poor as well over this 15 season period.

Advertisement
Back