Sobering QB tweet

Advertisement
9C02CE43-1830-4FBC-9A0C-022E3D8FD87D.png

Not that this is a surprise, but it just caused me to do a double take. Guess I just hadn’t really thought about it like this, but ****, we really need to be better at the most important position in sports.

Mr. King, show us whatcha got

Who gives a ****, has nothing to do with why we been irrevelant, im not surprised that peopleon here do not know Cane football. In our championship years when did we ever have an nfl qb, our last True nfl qb was testaverde and before him, jim kelly, so WTF is this article and people are talking about, UM Greatness has never been centered around qb's, that's that old football philosophy ****'s trying to bring back, all we need is a common sense **** behind center who understands how and who to get the ball to, and we'll take it from there.

We got to the national title game with the worst qb in UM history in frank costa for crying out loud, that **** didnt have to be perfect, just a lil common sense which he didnt have, if anybody wants to be frustrated, go and watch this game. All this clown costa had to do was complete about 3 more passes and nebraska would've gotten blown out, sapp and the rest of the defense wanted to beat costa's ***. We get a turnover and tge very next offensive play frank handing it right back to em. This was one of my favorite games to watch, for those who dont know how dominant warren sapp was, he showed pretty much everything in his ****nal this game. In conclusion, we dont and never needed an nfl QB, all we need is a common sense, not this ****:

Duke dropped bags for Daniel Jones?
NC State dropped bags for Ryan Finley? For Jacoby Brissett?
Louisville dropped bags for Lamar Jackson?
FSU dropped bags for Christian Ponder?
UNC dropped bags for Mitchell Trubisky?

I know a lot of those dudes aren't NFL Hall of Famers (Lamar excluded, he's obviously a monster), but that's not the point. That's 6 dudes I named off the top of my head in literally 15 seconds without thinking just from ACC schools.

Weak *** argument. Recruit and develop a kid at the position. All of our competition has been.

****Develop kids. Man, I’ve been saying, harping on this, arguing this for years!
We’ve had Kyle Wright, Robert Marve, Jacory Harris, Stephen Morris, Brad Kaaya, N’Kosi Perry, Tate Martell, and once upon a time, Jarren Williams.
With the exception of Morris, all these QBs were highly touted and considered blue chips. How in tf have we whiffed on all of these guys?

You just rattled off guys who were not highly touted, yet they are all doing something in the NFL. So is it the players we’re recruiting or the **** poor development of guys here?

I'm honestly shocked Morris never got any chances with some of the QB situations he was under..specifically the colts. Always looked serviceable in the preseason

But yeah the fact we havent had a regular season pass in 15, going on 16, years is insane.

Advertisement
But yet the fools on this board expect us to play for a national championship every year. NO QB, No Punter, No Kicker. **** O Coordinator, how in the world was this man expected to win. Now there are no excuses to meet Clemson.

Is it not the coaches job to get a QB, a punter and kicker? You talking about Manny's one year but the stat posted goes all the way back to Coker. Way to go out of your way to defend Manny.

Advertisement
Who gives a ****, has nothing to do with why we been irrevelant, im not surprised that peopleon here do not know Cane football. In our championship years when did we ever have an nfl qb, our last True nfl qb was testaverde and before him, jim kelly, so WTF is this article and people are talking about, UM Greatness has never been centered around qb's, that's that old football philosophy ****'s trying to bring back, all we need is a common sense **** behind center who understands how and who to get the ball to, and we'll take it from there.

We got to the national title game with the worst qb in UM history in frank costa for crying out loud, that **** didnt have to be perfect, just a lil common sense which he didnt have, if anybody wants to be frustrated, go and watch this game. All this clown costa had to do was complete about 3 more passes and nebraska would've gotten blown out, sapp and the rest of the defense wanted to beat costa's ***. We get a turnover and tge very next offensive play frank handing it right back to em. This was one of my favorite games to watch, for those who dont know how dominant warren sapp was, he showed pretty much everything in his ****nal this game. In conclusion, we dont and never needed an nfl QB, all we need is a common sense, not this ****:

You have a point but it is the year two thousand and twenty, not the 80s, and the game has changed . Teams running the triple option aren’t winning titles anymore . Go take a look at the last 5 national title winners and tell me what they all had in common

You might get to a New Years bowl with an average QB but more often that not recently all top teams in legit contention for the title have had a great to elite player at that position .

He. Never. Attempted. A. Pass. In. A. Regular. Season. Game.

That was literally what the tweet said. No attempted passes.
Yup
I went and checked his stats because he did get activated to the 53 roster with the colts one season when Luck got hurt but he never attempted a pass or even took a snap.

I disagree. A good QB is crucial. QB play has been absolutely killing us.

10 of the last 15 National Champs have had a 1st Round QB.

The ones that didn't - teams like Alabama & Ohio St - were stacked with NFL talent at pretty much every other position. It was the same thing for Miami when we won NC's without a big time QB.

Miami used to be QB U. Had 4 1st Round QB's in just the 80's. But Miami hasn't had a QB drafted higher than the 6th Round since 1992. That's embarrassing.

Last edited:
King won’t be throwing NFL passes either, but I’m more concerned with putting a great college offense on the field. There are plenty of great college QBs, who won tons of college games and NCs and never amounted to anything in the NFL.

We need to do a much better job at this level. Fck the NFL. You could have a great college QB who makes it to the NFL and backs up a QB who never comes off the field for a few years. Doesn’t mean that NFL backup wasn’t a great and productive college QB.

Advertisement
I'LL say this , this new generation is very complicated and hard to manage as a whole. I'm not saying it's bad but it's reality. Seems like it was less toxic back then.

King won’t be throwing NFL passes either, but I’m more concerned with putting a great college offense on the field. There are plenty of great college QBs, who won tons of college games and NCs and never amounted to anything in the NFL.

We need to do a much better job at this level. Fck the NFL. You could have a great college QB who makes it to the NFL and backs up a QB who never comes off the field for a few years. Doesn’t mean that NFL backup wasn’t a great and productive college QB.

I think the point is simply it's been entirely too long for a school like Miami to not produce a single QB worthy of even attempting a pass in the league. I'm certainly not saying you need Peyton Manning in college to win the Coastal. It's just an eye-opening fact. This is the single most important position in any sport....the fact that it's been 16 years since you had a single kid walk through your program (and that program was once dubbed 'QBU') who was good enough to even have a cup of coffee in the NFL is pretty insane, and imo certainly PART of the problem around here. PART....as in, not the only reason, before child geniuses like that Calvin guy above goes off the rails that we won with an average QB 30 years ago so we shouldn't worry about good quarterback play.

You have a point but it is the year two thousand and twenty, not the 80s, and the game has changed . Teams running the triple option aren’t winning titles anymore . Go take a look at the last 5 national title winners and tell me what they all had in common

You might get to a New Years bowl with an average QB but more often that not recently all top teams in legit contention for the title have had a great to elite player at that position .

Thats simply because we havent been playing UM football, got damyum tim tebow won 2 heisman's you see what coach shannon did to him and oscar cryer, shut all that fluzzi and gimmick **** down with True freshmen and sophmores. All this the game has changed talk, its still 11 on 11, we just havent had the right overall coaches in place for awhile now, had this stupid *** administration backed coach shannon like they should have, we would've been much further along. If coach diaz gets his head out his ***, wont matter who the other team has at qb, we'll soon see for sure if blake baker is the right man for the job, UM could've brought coach shannon back for at least 500K, but Ucf said ***** that, now let's see how many guys that's been playing under coach shannon keep getting drafted over their vs our defensive guys, UM's administration keeps running a clown show.

Coach shannon and many coaches from down here would rather coach here for less money, the problem at UM now is all this firing **** and hoe *** mentalities and double agents running rampant around the program. We use to lead, not follow, just tells you where the mindset is round here these days, which has helped us continue to be irrelevant. Shouts out to coach erickson for being ahead of his time with them widereceiver screens!

Advertisement
I disagree. A good QB is crucial. QB play has been absolutely killing us.

10 of the last 15 National Champs have had a 1st Round QB.

The ones that didn't - teams like Alabama & Ohio St - were stacked with NFL talent at pretty much every other position. It was the same thing for Miami when we won NC's without a big time QB.

Miami used to be QB U. Had 4 1st Round QB's in just the 80's. But Miami hasn't had a QB drafted higher than the 6th Round since 1992. That's embarrassing.

Its not embarrassing unless you not winning, this never was a real qb U, we had jim kelly & testaverde, the only 2 legit nfl qb's, gino torretta was perfect for college, and forgive for my last post in not mentioning our boy, bernie kosar, so we had 3 legit nfl qb's from the 80's, in the 90's none and in the 2000's, none, **** even skinny kenny was up for the heisman with mcgahee, so all this elite qb talk is nonsense. We get back to playing UM football and that starts with Great defense, elite runningbacks, tightends and blazer's on the outside, and the rest will take care of itself.

We can win a ton of games each season with that formula - which is what we should be concerned with. We can win 10-12 games per season this way.

But to win a NC now - it's hard to make that formula work. You need either 1) a 1st Round QB prospect, or 2) a TON of 1st/2nd/3rd Round talent at your other positions. Preferably both....almost impossible without either.

****Develop kids. Man, I’ve been saying, harping on this, arguing this for years!
We’ve had Kyle Wright, Robert Marve, Jacory Harris, Stephen Morris, Brad Kaaya, N’Kosi Perry, Tate Martell, and once upon a time, Jarren Williams.
With the exception of Morris, all these QBs were highly touted and considered blue chips. How in tf have we whiffed on all of these guys?

You just rattled off guys who were not highly touted, yet they are all doing something in the NFL. So is it the players we’re recruiting or the **** poor development of guys here?

Our 1st national title the qb was bernie kosar, the next one was with steve walsh, the next 2 was with gino toretta and the last 2(***** ohigho fake)were with skinny kenny. We dont need all thst **** people keep trying to talk about when it comes to qb play!

Advertisement
Back