Sobering QB tweet

Thats simply because we havent been playing UM football, got damyum tim tebow won 2 heisman's you see what coach shannon did to him and oscar cryer, shut all that fluzzi and gimmick **** down with True freshmen and sophmores. All this the game has changed talk, its still 11 on 11, we just havent had the right overall coaches in place for awhile now, had this stupid *** administration backed coach shannon like they should have, we would've been much further along. If coach diaz gets his head out his ***, wont matter who the other team has at qb, we'll soon see for sure if blake baker is the right man for the job, UM could've brought coach shannon back for at least 500K, but Ucf said ***** that, now let's see how many guys that's been playing under coach shannon keep getting drafted over their vs our defensive guys, UM's administration keeps running a clown show.

Coach shannon and many coaches from down here would rather coach here for less money, the problem at UM now is all this firing **** and hoe *** mentalities and double agents running rampant around the program. We use to lead, not follow, just tells you where the mindset is round here these days, which has helped us continue to be irrelevant. Shouts out to coach erickson for being ahead of his time with them widereceiver screens!
Dawg you talking about Shannon make him and Meyer look bad , are you aware they won two rings . Sorry man but I’ll take those two rings over a DC making them look bad for a game

Advertisement
Dawg you talking about Shannon make him and Meyer look bad , are you aware they won two rings . Sorry man but I’ll take those two rings over a DC making them look bad for a game

No reason to engage this dude. The site needs a function where whoever starts a thread can block people from posting in it. Just weed out the morons so grown-ups can talk. Would be so much better around here.

Part of the problem is we don't recruit NFL caliber QB's, for whatever reason we refuse to recruit the regions that produce the most & best QB's.

We've been married to an outdated style of offense & we consistently recruit QB's that are deeply inefficient & have very little arm talent.

We've never had 4,000 yard passer in school history. There are programs who have QB's that throw for 4,00yds in their sleep & it's not even considered a good season. The offensive systems we've ran over the last 20 years are designed to play safe ball control conservative style offense that doesn't produce great numbers.

We don't need a NFL QB to win & return back to prominence, but with our overall lack of elite recruiting over time, the only way we'll ever get back to the playoffs is finding a high caliber QB that can raise the level of play for the entire program & carry us to greatness.

It's why we need to plant our flag in the QB states, offer & recruit every gunslinger until we hit on the next great.

King won’t be throwing NFL passes either, but I’m more concerned with putting a great college offense on the field. There are plenty of great college QBs, who won tons of college games and NCs and never amounted to anything in the NFL.

We need to do a much better job at this level. Fck the NFL. You could have a great college QB who makes it to the NFL and backs up a QB who never comes off the field for a few years. Doesn’t mean that NFL backup wasn’t a great and productive college QB.

The last time we had a decent NFL QB was a QB that played here in the 80’s.

This is an absolutely fūcktarded metric, and the original tweet is dead wrong.

As you say, we need good college QBs, not necessarily guys that project to the NFL. If they project to the NFL, that’s great, but it’s not necessary. How many Alabama quarterbacks are tearing it up in the NFL?

Again, simple headed fans looking at the wrong thing. Like small children or animals, they are distracted by shiny things, not real factors.

Advertisement

They won 2 rings because of charlie strong and that defense, this has been Miami's problem since 2004, one of the main ones:

2004-2005 dan werner
2006 olson
2007-2008 patrick nix
2009-2010 whip non-appeal
2011-2012 jedd fisch
2013-2015 james coley

This ladies and gentlemen where TF were we going with these oc's, the last at least had balls but were to finess. Had they given coach shannon the resources to get trestman or dirk in here, we would've been getting a whole lot closer to UM football, we havent had no stability on the offensive coaching staff since 2003. And coach diaz is already floundering around with that oc spot. You not gone get many Miami caliber offensive weapons withose type oc's, with the exception of james coley who definitely was the best recruiter/oc we had during that stretch.

love this thread, some of ya know their football. Nice reads. Seriously, good job folks. Keep it up. Just don't kill each other ;)

Part of the problem is we don't recruit NFL caliber QB's, for whatever reason we refuse to recruit the regions that produce the most & best QB's.

We've been married to an outdated style of offense & we consistently recruit QB's that are deeply inefficient & have very little arm talent.

We've never had 4,000 yard passer in school history. There are programs who have QB's that throw for 4,00yds in their sleep & it's not even considered a good season. The offensive systems we've ran over the last 20 years are designed to play safe ball control conservative style offense that doesn't produce great numbers.

We don't need a NFL QB to win & return back to prominence, but with our overall lack of elite recruiting over time, the only way we'll ever get back to the playoffs is finding a high caliber QB that can raise the level of play for the entire program & carry us to greatness.

It's why we need to plant our flag in the QB states, offer & recruit every gunslinger until we hit on the next great.

Agree 100%. The team with the better QB *GENERALLY* wins.

Always a gray area, of course. Surround Joe Burrow with poor coaching and no talent, he doesn’t win a Heisman. And Jake Coker has a ring and is probably selling insurance now. Not saying this is the end all, be all fact. But it’s just interesting that a school we all feel is a “blue blood” type program hasn’t had a SINGLE kid going on 20 years now worth a sniff in the league. Kinda crazy. And surely a contributor to the mediocrity, along with a lot of other things.

They won 2 rings because of charlie strong and that defense, this has been Miami's problem since 2004, one of the main ones:

2004-2005 dan werner
2006 olson
2007-2008 patrick nix
2011-2012 jedd fisch
2013-2015 james coley

This ladies and gentlemen where TF were we going with these oc's, the last at least had balls but were to finess. Had they given coach shannon the resources to get trestman or dirk in here, we would've been getting a whole lot closer to UM football, we havent had no stability on the offensive coaching staff since 2003. And coach diaz is already floundering around with that oc spot. You not gone get many Miami caliber offensive weapons withose type oc's, with the exception of james coley who definitely was the best recruiter/oc we had during that stretch.
Lmao come on man . They averaged 44 points a game but only won because of Charlie Strong ?

Advertisement
No reason to engage this dude. The site needs a function where whoever starts a thread can block people from posting in it. Just weed out the morons so grown-ups can talk. Would be so much better around here.
I'm pretty sure you can do that, a mod showed how in one of the pinned threads. I think @RVACane knows how

Freaking Roiser throwing punts owns records at UM?! We have some guys sooo LOST with NFLU propaganda they dont hear what you are saying. We worried about NFL but run a trash *** college offense IN COLLEGE!

King won’t be throwing NFL passes either, but I’m more concerned with putting a great college offense on the field. There are plenty of great college QBs, who won tons of college games and NCs and never amounted to anything in the NFL.

We need to do a much better job at this level. Fck the NFL. You could have a great college QB who makes it to the NFL and backs up a QB who never comes off the field for a few years. Doesn’t mean that NFL backup wasn’t a great and productive college QB.
PREACH! NFLU BS hasnt won us **** but a bunch of entitled kids who leave early

Advertisement
I’m almost certain that both Stephen Morris and Brad Kaaya both saw time in the NFL
Yeah i dont remember if Morris saw regular season snaps or just pre season but still a pass with an NFL team is still a pass i dont care if it was only pre season

Our 1st national title the qb was bernie kosar, the next one was with steve walsh, the next 2 was with gino toretta and the last 2(***** ohigho fake)were with skinny kenny. We dont need all thst **** people keep trying to talk about when it comes to qb play!

So my ? is again, is it the players or our player development. I don’t disagree w u, but to go from what was known as QBU to wasting touted QB after touted QB since 2004.....I mean, I dunno

I think the point is simply it's been entirely too long for a school like Miami to not produce a single QB worthy of even attempting a pass in the league. I'm certainly not saying you need Peyton Manning in college to win the Coastal. It's just an eye-opening fact. This is the single most important position in any sport....the fact that it's been 16 years since you had a single kid walk through your program (and that program was once dubbed 'QBU') who was good enough to even have a cup of coffee in the NFL is pretty insane, and imo certainly PART of the problem around here. PART....as in, not the only reason, before child geniuses like that Calvin guy above goes off the rails that we won with an average QB 30 years ago so we shouldn't worry about good quarterback play.
I respect all that, but it rings as an appeal to simps. We’ve also racked up a bunch of nfl players at other positions. Far more than pretty much any other typical 8-4 team.

If Steve Morris or Brad Kaaya, who both kicked around the league for awhile, threw a few passes in game 16 in the 4th quarter of a 45-3 blowout loss on a 1-15 NFL team it guts this juicy tmz style tweet, yet it’s no more meaningful. I don’t pay much attention to tmz style bites like this.

Our offenses have been awful, but it’s been a total system failure, not just because one of our QBs didn’t throw some garbage time nfl passes. I expect our offense to be electric this year if King stays healthy. Yet I don’t expect King to be throwing many nfl passes.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure you can do that, a mod showed how in one of the pinned threads. I think @RVACane knows how
This is true. I have NYSOM excluded from the Kill Trolls Dead Thread bc I didn’t want his shtick in there detracting from what I’m doing though he will be permitted in it this Saturday to respond to comments made about him in there during his current ban.

@OrangeBowlMagic, here is the link on how to do it prepared by @OBLIVION:

Please note that I had issues with access rights and needed to PM @Andrew for help. You may need to do that if the functions aren’t enabled but it can be done.

Lmao come on man . They averaged 44 points a game but only won because of Charlie Strong ?

That gimmick offense was trash, i kept telling people that and like coach shannon said, all it is is a running oriented offense, its basically a sort of vertical option offense, those who know football like shannon understood that, that defense kept giving them short fields and turnovers, so that 44 points a game you talking bout has to be put into context. Next, if those teams would've gotten down by 14 or more points, late in games they would've been toast which is why oscar cryer was nervous as **** when they were playing us cause he knew if we would've messed around and got up by 10 or more, teblow cant throw em back in the game.
They came along at the right time while Us and Fsu were in our down years!

So my ? is again, is it the players or our player development. I don’t disagree w u, but to go from what was known as QBU to wasting touted QB after touted QB since 2004.....I mean, I dunno

I posted this earlier, this will give you more of an idea and coincide with your player development question:

2004-2005 dan werner
2006 olson
2007-2008 patrick nix
2011-2012 jedd fisch
2013-2015 james coley

Advertisement
Back