Sobering QB tweet

I posted this earlier, this will give you more of an idea and coincide with your player development question:

They won 2 rings because of charlie strong and that defense, this has been Miami's problem since 2004, one of the main ones:

2004-2005 dan werner
2006 olson
2007-2008 patrick nix
2009-2010 whip non-appeal
2011-2012 jedd fisch
2013-2015 james coley

This ladies and gentlemen where TF were we going with these oc's, the last at least had balls but were to finess. Had they given coach shannon the resources to get trestman or dirk in here, we would've been getting a whole lot closer to UM football, we havent had no stability on the offensive coaching staff since 2003. And coach diaz is already floundering around with that oc spot. You not gone get many Miami caliber offensive weapons withose type oc's, with the exception of james coley who definitely was the best recruiter/oc we had during that stretch.

Give it a rest, Jesus. Or at least become halfway literate.

Advertisement
This is true. I have NYSOM excluded from the Kill Trolls Dead Thread bc I didn’t want his shtick in there detracting from what I’m doing though he will be permitted in it this Saturday to respond to comments made about him in there during his current ban.

@OrangeBowlMagic, here is the link on how to do it prepared by @OBLIVION:

Please note that I had issues with access rights and needed to PM @Andrew for help. You may need to do that if the functions aren’t enabled but it can be done.

This will be incredible if I can figure it out. Thanks.

We can win a ton of games each season with that formula - which is what we should be concerned with. We can win 10-12 games per season this way.

But to win a NC now - it's hard to make that formula work. You need either 1) a 1st Round QB prospect, or 2) a TON of 1st/2nd/3rd Round talent at your other positions. Preferably both....almost impossible without either.
I want to walk first. I’m sick of all this NC talk. We’re so far from that level that all talking about it does is set us up for failure.

String together a few 10-12 win seasons and a few Coastal titles, and we will get recruiting momentum turned in the right direction. That’s completely doable with the level of talent we’ve been able to sign.

We won’t be recruiting at an Alabaga/Clemson top 5 level consistently until we can get out of UVA’s level of record every year. First, we need to get more out of the talent we are acquiring.

But yet the fools on this board expect us to play for a national championship every year. NO QB, No Punter, No Kicker. **** O Coordinator, how in the world was this man expected to win. Now there are no excuses to meet Clemson.
He chose the O Coordinator so he owns that one. At least he canned him and got a spread guy so there’s that positive. The QB’s were not his fault. We got a new punter. I don’t recall on Baxa.

All this said, we can’t change what was. If he has a great season and gets to the ACCCG too with a bowl win - people should be happy. I need to see it 2 years in a row to feel some confidence but I’d love to see it. I don’t care who the coach is. Most importantly, I want us to turn things around.

Advertisement
The last time we had a decent NFL QB was a QB that played here in the 80’s.

This is an absolutely fūcktarded metric, and the original tweet is dead wrong.

As you say, we need good college QBs, not necessarily guys that project to the NFL. If they project to the NFL, that’s great, but it’s not necessary. How many Alabama quarterbacks are tearing it up in the NFL?

Again, simple headed fans looking at the wrong thing. Like small children or animals, they are distracted by shiny things, not real factors.
McElroy, McCarron, Sims and Coker have killed it in the nfl.

I want to walk first. I’m sick of all this NC talk. We’re so far from that level that all talking about it does is set us up for failure.

String together a few 10-12 win seasons and a few Coastal titles, and we will get recruiting momentum turned in the right direction. That’s completely doable with the level of talent we’ve been able to sign.

We won’t be recruiting at an Alabaga/Clemson top 5 level consistently until we can get out of UVA’s level of record every year. First, we need to get more out of the talent we are acquiring.

Agree with this. I argue all the time with rivals that the standard never changes. But I’m beginning to change my stripes. Or, at least recognize that I need to crawl a little before I can sprint.

I will say this, this is the year for Manny, point blank. Last year was beyond unacceptable, but I’m never advocating firing a coach after Year 1. However, if there’s not at least 10 wins or a Coastal title, he’s unequivocally NOT the guy and he’s gotta go. Any coach worth a chit would win the Coastal with probably more blue chips than the rest of the division combined AND a proven upper echelon QB. There are no excuses. If the defense fails us, that’s obviously on him and he’s gotta go. And if the offense somehow fails us with King, Lashlee, and the rest of kids on that side, then he can’t motivate his way out of a wet paper bag and has to go as well.

There shouldn’t ever be an excuse for not winning the Coastal. But this year it’s a literal fireable offense not to.

Advertisement
Who gives a ****, has nothing to do with why we been irrevelant, im not surprised that peopleon here do not know Cane football. In our championship years when did we ever have an nfl qb, our last True nfl qb was testaverde and before him, jim kelly, so WTF is this article and people are talking about, UM Greatness has never been centered around qb's, that's that old football philosophy ****'s trying to bring back, all we need is a common sense **** behind center who understands how and who to get the ball to, and we'll take it from there.

We got to the national title game with the worst qb in UM history in frank costa for crying out loud, that **** didnt have to be perfect, just a lil common sense which he didnt have, if anybody wants to be frustrated, go and watch this game. All this clown costa had to do was complete about 3 more passes and nebraska would've gotten blown out, sapp and the rest of the defense wanted to beat costa's ***. We get a turnover and tge very next offensive play frank handing it right back to em. This was one of my favorite games to watch, for those who dont know how dominant warren sapp was, he showed pretty much everything in his ****nal this game. In conclusion, we dont and never needed an nfl QB, all we need is a common sense, not this ****:

Whoa... Frank Costa was one tough SOB. He had a horrible OL and took an absolute beating. Maybe Sapp should’ve started with the OL and their Coach... was it Kehoe?

Thats simply because we havent been playing UM football, got damyum tim tebow won 2 heisman's you see what coach shannon did to him and oscar cryer, shut all that fluzzi and gimmick **** down with True freshmen and sophmores. All this the game has changed talk, its still 11 on 11, we just havent had the right overall coaches in place for awhile now, had this stupid *** administration backed coach shannon like they should have, we would've been much further along. If coach diaz gets his head out his ***, wont matter who the other team has at qb, we'll soon see for sure if blake baker is the right man for the job, UM could've brought coach shannon back for at least 500K, but Ucf said ***** that, now let's see how many guys that's been playing under coach shannon keep getting drafted over their vs our defensive guys, UM's administration keeps running a clown show.

Coach shannon and many coaches from down here would rather coach here for less money, the problem at UM now is all this firing **** and hoe *** mentalities and double agents running rampant around the program. We use to lead, not follow, just tells you where the mindset is round here these days, which has helped us continue to be irrelevant. Shouts out to coach erickson for being ahead of his time with them widereceiver screens!
UCF is paying Shannon $1m so how we’re we bringing omg him back for half of that???

Oh yeah... we weren’t.

But yet the fools on this board expect us to play for a national championship every year. NO QB, No Punter, No Kicker. **** O Coordinator, how in the world was this man expected to win. Now there are no excuses to meet Clemson.
Talk about answering your own question.

Advertisement
Duke dropped bags for Daniel Jones?
NC State dropped bags for Ryan Finley? For Jacoby Brissett?
Louisville dropped bags for Lamar Jackson?
FSU dropped bags for Christian Ponder?
UNC dropped bags for Mitchell Trubisky?

I know a lot of those dudes aren't NFL Hall of Famers (Lamar excluded, he's obviously a monster), but that's not the point. That's 6 dudes I named off the top of my head in literally 15 seconds without thinking just from ACC schools.

Weak *** argument. Recruit and develop a kid at the position. All of our competition has been.

Tennessee drop bags for Peyton
Ole Miss dropped bags for Eli
NC State dropped bags for Phillip River
Auburn dropped bags for Cam Newton etc etc

The list of current and future HOFs WHO RECEIVED BAGS is far TOO GREAT TO LIST here.

I WAS just JOKING about it...BUT seems some of the humorless out there are also blind to the actual facts of life...

The FACT IS IF you want higher quality and more certainty of the end result of your QB recruits....IF bags weren't illegal or the certainty of Miami being caught was far less than it currently is...I and ANYONE ELSE WITH GOOD SENSEwould much more rather select a starter from the list of QBs who received bags from the University that they attended ....than hope that you could randomly develops good one on your own.

I don't have to argue the merits of bags versus development because the real collegiate sports world makes this choice and gives us the real answer that they usually make almost at every high ranked program.

Reality is reality. Bags aren't legal or right...but let's not get self righteous and pretend that BAGS FOR QBs aren't widespread, prevalent and YES VERY EFFECTIVE

Don't want to interrupt this amazing discussion but: how's the offensive line going to look next year. It's the foundation of any football team. Someone will have too PROTECT our qb right.

Don't want to interrupt this amazing discussion but: how's the offensive line going to look next year. It's the foundation of any football team. Someone will have too PROTECT our qb right.

Million dollar question but literally every single kid who took a snap comes back, plus Cleveland Reed, plus Jalen Rivers possibly ready to contribute as the season gets later, plus a VERY mobile QB who can make people miss, plus an upgrade at OL coach, plus a huge upgrade at OC. I’m not gonna say it’ll be the 1993 Dallas Cowboys line, but I think people are gonna be happy with how the line looks.

Advertisement
We’ve insisted on running garbage, conservative offenses for close to 30 years and we’re wondering why we couldn’t get good QBs to come here? (Yes, I know the early 2000’s teams had good offenses but if you need an All American at every position to be successful, is it the scheme or just the fact that you’re way better than everyone else?) Coaches like Shannon and Golden hitched their wagons to one QB and didn’t bother recruiting competition. That’s how you get stuck playing an average guy because you have No other options. No real QB wanted to play under Shannon because they knew he was riding with Harris no matter what happened. Then Golden got stuck playing a gimpy Stephen Morris his senior year because they had nobody else. Same thing the following seasons with Kaaya. For some reason our coaches have figured that once you sign a single 4 star quarterback, you can just not recruit quarterbacks for the next three years. I mean, Jesus, we had two WHOLE seasons of Malik Rosier. It seems the new guys have finally got it. Bring in a highly touted QB recruit EVERY season and let him compete. If you don’t feel like you have THE guy on your roster, get yourself a transfer quarterback. If one or more of the other guys don’t like it, let them transfer. Finding the right guy under center is so hit and miss these days, you can’t afford to hitch tour wagon to one guy for four years

We’ve insisted on running garbage, conservative offenses for close to 30 years and we’re wondering why we couldn’t get good QBs to come here? (Yes, I know the early 2000’s teams had good offenses but if you need an All American at every position to be successful, is it the scheme or just the fact that you’re way better than everyone else?) Coaches like Shannon and Golden hitched their wagons to one QB and didn’t bother recruiting competition. That’s how you get stuck playing an average guy because you have No other options. No real QB wanted to play under Shannon because they knew he was riding with Harris no matter what happened. Then Golden got stuck playing a gimpy Stephen Morris his senior year because they had nobody else. Same thing the following seasons with Kaaya. For some reason our coaches have figured that once you sign a single 4 star quarterback, you can just not recruit quarterbacks for the next three years. I mean, Jesus, we had two WHOLE seasons of Malik Rosier. It seems the new guys have finally got it. Bring in a highly touted QB recruit EVERY season and let him compete. If you don’t feel like you have THE guy on your roster, get yourself a transfer quarterback. If one or more of the other guys don’t like it, let them transfer. Finding the right guy under center is so hit and miss these days, you can’t afford to hitch tour wagon to one guy for four years
If there was a time Miami could have went spread but didn't when was it? Like actual talks, either HC or OC but went in a different direction.

Duke dropped bags for Daniel Jones?
NC State dropped bags for Ryan Finley? For Jacoby Brissett?
Louisville dropped bags for Lamar Jackson?
FSU dropped bags for Christian Ponder?
UNC dropped bags for Mitchell Trubisky?

I know a lot of those dudes aren't NFL Hall of Famers (Lamar excluded, he's obviously a monster), but that's not the point. That's 6 dudes I named off the top of my head in literally 15 seconds without thinking just from ACC schools.

Weak *** argument. Recruit and develop a kid at the position. All of our competition has been.

Brissett got bags to go to UF, and then we passed on him when he wanted to transfer. Just saying.

but yes, QBs have been a disaster from a recruiting and development stand point.

Advertisement
Back