So we gonna act like Gus isn't starting for Rutgers?

Advertisement
Gus can pick up one yard everytime! (Unless it's 3rd and 1)

Except he averaged > 5 ypc, and a TD every 16 touches, and ran Just at a 4.52 at about 230 lbs.

Didn't he do more than 100 of his 290 rushing yards and his only TD of the season against FAMU last year?

290 on 59 carries on season. 4.9 yards per carry (But hey that's just barely less than 500% more ypc than you said).

And why are hating on the kid so much? He played here four years. Was serviceable and would fill a need for FB this year and provide depth?

But hate away for no reason

Sure outside of FAMU he ran for 184 yards on 50 attempts with Zero touchdowns. But that's the thing about stats. They don't show all the short yardage failures in real games.

Maybe I'm forgetting it, but I can't recall one meaningful carry of Gus Edwards at Miami (FL). I remember him breaking long runs against **** opponents in garbage time. I remember him getting blowed up at the LOS on short yardage downs. And I remember him getting KOd by DP. That's it.

He's a puzzy like Linder. Can't compete, go to a lesser school. That is the reason we sucked for ten years. The kids weren't competitive enough and looked for the easy way out. Like Richt says, not everyone U material...and that includes mental and toughnesss, and competitiveness

You can't fault a kid for transferring when he never should've been here to begin with. It's not their fault that Golden was a clueless recruiter and offered kids who weren't UM caliber. It's got nothing to do with not wanting to compete, it's realizing that you don't have the talent to play at a place like Miami and making a better career decision. A lot of the guys that Golden signed didn't belong at Miami in the first place. So because their former HC is a clueless talent evaluator they're supposed to stay at Miami and ride the pine? You can stay and compete all you want to, but talent is talent, genetics are genetics.

i think I ton of hate for Gus is because nolevern likes him, but dude is very average at best.

i think I ton of hate for Gus is because nolevern likes him, but dude is very average at best.

That's not an unfair statement.

Would've been nice to have him come back as a FB for us this season. Why was he never moved there (he played it in HS iirc)?
I hope he does well tonight.

Advertisement
Shouldn't the statement be, are we really going to act like Rutgers is a legit P5 program? When your school is part of the first college football game ever back in 1869, and they've NEVER won a national championship that tells me everything I need to know about their team.

I think Gus is going to have a good year. Hoping to see him do well.

But Rutgers had the worst offense in the NCAA last year, so there's not much talent around him to help him out.

My dude Shaw pulling more for Buttgers RB than he is Walton.

Am sorry but I don't buy they bull**** of Gus Edwards wanting to "be the man" and not wanting to sit behind Walton. The reality is that if he was consistent and continued to develop like he showed the potential to, he would easily be splitting carries with Walton. He has the frame of that big bruising back that any coach would love to use the grind down a defense. A 1-2 punch of Walton and Edwards would have made any coach an OC happy. The reality was he could never break through and distinguish himself to be "that guy". He was going to be solidly 2nd string at best, and not a 1-2 punch, because Walton was just clearly a better RB, and Gus could never really put it all together.

He went to RU because it was a cake walk and their backfield was a joke. If he truly had the talent and had been developing the way he should have, he wouldn't have had to leave here, because he would have been the "thunder" part of a 1-2 tailback combo. Now he can be the least mediocre RB on a joke of a team, maybe run up some stats, and get a few looks, and hope that by showing a few "flashes" in a few games here and there, his size and frame might tempt some team to take a chance on him in a late round hoping he develops.

Bottom line is, he didn't go to RU because he wanted to break loose and knew he could be a superstar if given the chance.

Advertisement
Gus Edwards never figured out how to get low and run behind his pads. He couldn't do anything unless there was a hole big enough for a bread truck. A scat back trapped in a big body. Where's that .gif of DZP blowing his *** up in that scrimmage?

He is the Dwight Howard of college football. A big man who doesn't know how to play big.

I'm so ******* excited about tonight my **** is rock hard.. Real Talk

Can't wait to shut you ***** boi's up... u know how hard it was to be rustled all day reading this thread and not respond?

I'm so ****ing excited about tonight my **** is rock hard.. Real Talk

Can't wait to shut you ***** boi's up... u know how hard it was to be rustled all day reading this thread and not respond?

That's some -erotic stuff you've got going on there.

No matter what he does at Rutgers, he quit here. I liked him, and saw him as a nice change of pace back, but he left. He wasn't kicked off the team. The fans didn't run him out of town. He left all on his own.

Advertisement
14 carries 33 yards with a long of 13 yrds so really...
13 carries 20yards ooooh weee putting work

Advertisement
I'm so ****ing excited about tonight my **** is rock hard.. Real Talk

I'm sure when Rutgers plays Morgan st in a few weeks Gus will go for 100 and you'll pound your chest.

Advertisement
Back