So Treon Harris to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are whining about nothing. can you blame him for choosing FSU?

we're not in a situation where kids give up their dreams to play here. maybe if we were a winner at this point, he'd have given up that dream of QB earlier and committed. instead, FSU offered him what he wanted. got to respect that and move on. we got bigger fish to fry. you're whining about nothing with the whole ICE thing

**** post and TP800 agrees, shocker!

why is that a **** post? because I keep it real? we start winning again, and we won't have to put a fence around the state of miami... KIDS will beg to come here.

Advertisement
God i hope he somehow he starts/sees the field against us some day so we can burry him while his little ***** made daddy looks on.

we're not in a situation where kids give up their dreams to play here. maybe if we were a winner at this point, he'd have given up that dream of QB earlier and committed. instead, FSU offered him what he wanted. got to respect that and move on. we got bigger fish to fry. you're whining about nothing with the whole ICE thing

why is that a **** post? because I keep it real? we start winning again, and we won't have to put a fence around the state of miami... KIDS will beg to come here.

The Ice part. Hold off committing then today Harris commits. He is scum.

With all due respect Tito....I couldn't possibly disagree more with your last post.

It's not about him pushing kids TO Miami...it's him pushing/leaning/insinuating the alternatives.

I'm done talking about this. It's **** obvious already that Ice is no friend of the program. Wake me up when we get a significant recruit from BTW not named Harris that doesn't require giving Lice a job , "coincidentally" of course.

and if chad thomas commits here he is...??

LOL. If Chad Thomas chooses UM it will have everything to do with him being a New World kid and what he thinks of the music program.

ya i feel u.....these dudes have a real hang up on Ice boy...and its crazy they automatically lump it together with Randy, Luke, and anybody else..its crazy.

I mean realize we have dudes still hating on Teddy Bridgewater...really...really...worrying bout Teddy when we have a big time qb also.

Honestly i think we should no longer recruit MNW, Booker T. We should move our efforts to Miami Sunset, Barbara Goleman, and Cooper City. (sarcasm)

Who's Barbara Goleman? Is that a school?

he agrees with every post that is negative

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not surprising news - not sure why everyone is so bent up about it. We all knew the playing qb in college nonsense was going to play out. What is disappointing is to hear Theron's professed love for fsu since he was a kid and the disappointment in knowing that ice didn't warn the kid about the perils of listening to the BS from fsu about playing qb in college.

I think this had more to do with treon doing his own thing - irrespective of ice's wishes. Maybe fsu and ice are trying to patch up the Thomas fiasco by sending treon to btw.

And for those who claim ice is one of the best coaches in so fla - if he is so legendary, i would expect him to land a college job soon, no?

I still can't get over the fact that he worked at UM.

Smh

Love the comedy of seeing that quote above about him not trusting Miami and then letting his son commit to FSU to "play QB".

I don't think this is one to sweat. Let's get Berrios on board and let's find a way to land Chad Thomas.

Advertisement
I am truly happy for Treon...

All BTW stuff aside, I think this kid is making a decision to explore his opportunity at QB
He is a play maker at the position and why not follow your heart...if it doesn't work out for him
he can then make the switch..

I wish him well I hope the staff continues to recruit him....and maybe flip him

but you guys are missing the point. he's going to be a slot guy for them no doubt. And we wanted him as a slot guy so honestly it's a loss for us. minor one but a loss. FSU just conned their way into getting a 4 star athlete in the slot at our political expense. **** em

So Golden should have lied to him and promised him everything under the sun? I'd much rather him be straight with..."we'd love you to come play for us, but you won't be playing QB." Sure he would be great in the slot or possibly even CB, but he isn't willing to listen to a coach and know his role so fck him!

Lied to him? Absolutely not. Golden handled this about as good as you could have given our offer sheet as it stood. Bc I would always prefer my head coach be as truthful and straight forward as it gets.

But honestly instead of having 3 quarterback offers and commits for only two real spots, I would've rather had him offer Kaaya and either Rosier or Edouard (not both) and then Treon. He gets his shot. And then when he doesn't cut it, he gets moved to the slot or DB. If for some reason the kid balls out and shows some ridiculous promise at the position (I'm not thinking that he does, but just saying) then you've got a great problem to have as he probably puts Rosier or Edouard behind (whichever one we took).

FSU played it perfect, bc they, unlike us didn't over offer at the QB position, left a spot open sorta and allowed for him to play it out and be moved to an athlete position. Like I said, they conned their way into getting a 4 star athlete. And they did it while getting a stronger foothold into one of the most talented schools in the heart of Miami.

We should've and could've done the same thing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Chad isn't coming to THE U either. Best to stop even thinking about it. btw might as well be a 1000 miles away. If we are going put all this energy into kids at schools that are not going to send them here, then let's try whatever AL schools Saban keeps winning NCs with. Tired of hearing about all the talent at btw. Central has talent. How many kids did they have at the Opening? I'll take Yearby and Darling and give Wide Right u the entire btw team and staff. They are not worth the drama. Duke is better than anyone who ever did or ever will play at btw. He brought no drama with him, just Tracy and trama to opposing teams. There is so much great talent in SoFL and we spend all this time talking about a pimple on the rump of the finest elephant in the country. Move on.

don't worry fellas, I'm hearing rumblings that Treon won't send that LOI in.

Miami did not want Treon as a QB they saw him as a WR/DB. FSU is willing to take him as a QB and thats all he needed to hear. Treon Harris was vehement in saying that he wanted to play QB in college, but then started lightening up a little toward the end because he figured that's where most college's want him. Now, do you really expect Coach Harris to sit there and tell HIS OWN SON "I don't care if they're gonna let you play QB, you're going to go to Miami." What type of dad is that? secondly what type of coach is that???.

This in no way is Harris ******** UM over, he saw the chance for his son to fulfill his dreams and said "Go for it' and you expect him to hold his son back from that just because you all believe he owe's something to Miami?

Lets get something straight here for the last time, nowhere and I mean NOWHERE in Coach Harris' contract does it say he is required to force all of his top products to go to UM. We are talking about 17 year old kids, the most he can do is push for UM and that's it. If you seriously expect him to force every single one of his kids to UM then you're just crazy.

1. What kind of coach really takes FSU's QB promise seriously and them not just not telling the kid what he wants to hear? What kind of dad?

2. That's not even the point. And no one is upset because he is not forcing or pushing kids to Miami. And no has implied that it his job to do so. That is a straw man and ****ing half. The complaints come from the ****ery he allows when it comes to UM. With allowing his players to play games with UM and use the UM offer and interest to hold "their place" rather than take it seriously. So please, stop with the "you want him to force kids to UM" bull**** because it's ****ing ridiculous and misses the entire point. With your capitalized "NOWHERE" and ****. ****ing Christ.

What kind of school pulls a kids scholarship six days before signing day?, one who Miami felt good with. And as far as the second part, he said it in my interview that he tries to hold his kids back from committing early and just stresses to them to maintain the relationships and wait off on committing. Jackson said it himself that he committed once he got the offer.

Son then commits early 3 days later --- sounds legit

That just about sums it all up. When you've got 16 year olds doing the reporting, you can sell them anything. They're naive and vulnerable to a shyster like Lice and are simply happy someone is talking to them. They're good energetic kids, but they're easy marks for shysters. When you've been around the block a few hundred times you see through this stupid horseshyt that Lice peddles. Deeds not words. Pay attention to the actions of these bamboozlers, not what they tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back