So Treon Harris to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
One dude don't make a team. Good luck to the kid. I think this is for the better it shows golden was the stand up guy and ice is bitter. This would of been a bad marriage.

Advertisement
I might not agree with Towner's view on the situation but you have my respect in that you didnt hide from these turns of events and presented a very detailed account. Not rehashed info from the pay sites (fakes insiders)

First of all, I don't see how people can sit around and talk as if this kid isn't good. He was the runner up for the state player of the year award and the Dade County Offensive Player of the year so yall can save all the talk about him not being better than Berrios or anybody else. The kid is legit. We all knew the kid wanted a shot to play QB and Miami was never offering him that, FSU was. Ice never made a fuss about Treon not getting an offer to play QB and neither did Treon. They simply focused on the schools that were offering him as a QB (FSU,Arizona,Boston College, and NC State). At the end of the day, Ice didn't even feel FSU was the best fit for him but even as a parent/coach, he can only advise his players but at the end of the day it's their personal decision. He probably felt Arizona was the best fit as a QB but he has to support his son's or any other player's choice, just as he did Tim Jr when he chose Miami over all the big track programs throughout the country. It worked out well for him.

I'm in the know at Booker T and as for the Bethel and Jackson theories, you people are sick to think this man is driving these kids away. If anything, Ice is trying to help Miami with both players. Ice is the guy who got in Jackson's *** yesterday and made him call Miami coaches to confess his love for wanting to be there, and to stop listening to people in the neighborhood telling him he should take his visits. He also had a meeting with Bethel's parents so that they, the parents, could get control of his recruiting situation. Everybody on these boards run with whatever they read and pass it as fact. Ice made his comments after the DK situation and he probably should have handled it differently but to sit here and try to make this man out to be bad in every situation is childish and most of the time, lies.

As for Ice's comments about usually not wanting his players to commit early. With Treon being recruited as a QB, his commitment time table is different and anybody who knows recruiting understands that. Most schools want their QB recruits in early, hence us having 3 QBs locked in. That's just how it goes for that position.

That's the truth.

Thanks for the info.

It's just hard to trust someone or give them the benefit of the doubt when all the signs point the otherway...

The issue is NOT Treon choosing fsu...

The issue is:
1.) The U was not happy with Brandon leaving early when it looks like he could have (needed to) stayed another year. (but I can understandable this)
2.) Ice Harris not happy about taking the pay cut from being a U coach / staff to being an HS coach. Probably a 50k year cut or more.
3.) M. Thomas craziness last year
4.) Kirkland fiasco and ICE crapping all over the radio to try and save face.
5.) Ice Harris comments and philosophy on recruits - if you've been around long enough I'm sure you've heard them.
6.) Bethal on the brink of making a decision last friday, then monday which appears to be Miami now wants to "hold off / re-examine" everything.
7.) D. Jackson our only BTW recruit all of a sudden sending criptic twitter messages appearing to be wavering stating he's committed to BTW.
8.) C. Thomas, who everyone thought would commit early to the U because its always been his favorite, is now suddenly being showcased like M. Thomas last year to the benefit of BTW and ICE. This will now probably get drawn out until NSD!!!

So yes, the issue is NOT Treon, it's everything that has happened pretty much in the last 6 months all leading back to one person...Ice.

Now you have to wonder if this is all a coincidence? Humm

Now you have to wonder if Treon is going to try and pull Bethal, Jackson and Thomas to FSU? Humm

He stated himself in the Herald - he would never help the U again...

There Is ZERO chance Chad Thomas goes to Miami. No btw kid will ever go to miami until randy shannons black panther party boys are gone!!

Towner, bottom line, any time you claim to hold UM as close to the heart as Ice does, with a son enrolled, bash the staff like he did (not even a year removed from that incident) and claim to try and guide kids to UM in support of the university only to have your own son commit to Florida ******* State will cause some problems within our fan base. Thats the way it is and if you cant see that than idk what to tell you. But you cant just sit here and try to tell all of us what a great guy he is for our program when his own son, whom he raised/taught his whole life in a "supposed" rich UM tradition home commits to FSU. Gtfo of here with that.

Advertisement
First of all, I don't see how people can sit around and talk as if this kid isn't good. He was the runner up for the state player of the year award and the Dade County Offensive Player of the year so yall can save all the talk about him not being better than Berrios or anybody else. The kid is legit. We all knew the kid wanted a shot to play QB and Miami was never offering him that, FSU was. Ice never made a fuss about Treon not getting an offer to play QB and neither did Treon. They simply focused on the schools that were offering him as a QB (FSU,Arizona,Boston College, and NC State). At the end of the day, Ice didn't even feel FSU was the best fit for him but even as a parent/coach, he can only advise his players but at the end of the day it's their personal decision. He probably felt Arizona was the best fit as a QB but he has to support his son's or any other player's choice, just as he did Tim Jr when he chose Miami over all the big track programs throughout the country. It worked out well for him.

I'm in the know at Booker T and as for the Bethel and Jackson theories, you people are sick to think this man is driving these kids away. If anything, Ice is trying to help Miami with both players. Ice is the guy who got in Jackson's *** yesterday and made him call Miami coaches to confess his love for wanting to be there, and to stop listening to people in the neighborhood telling him he should take his visits. He also had a meeting with Bethel's parents so that they, the parents, could get control of his recruiting situation. Everybody on these boards run with whatever they read and pass it as fact. Ice made his comments after the DK situation and he probably should have handled it differently but to sit here and try to make this man out to be bad in every situation is childish and most of the time, lies.

As for Ice's comments about usually not wanting his players to commit early. With Treon being recruited as a QB, his commitment time table is different and anybody who knows recruiting understands that. Most schools want their QB recruits in early, hence us having 3 QBs locked in. That's just how it goes for that position.

That's the truth.

if only the local schools and staffs shared this fierce loyalty

would make the recruiting trail less littered with land mines.

LULZ at anyone who believes that Lice really thinks his son is going to get a shot to play QB at fsu. Lice and his son know he's going there to play WR or CB, which he could have done here. This is all part of Lice and his puppets' game. They want to say they support UM, yet their actions tell us otherwise.

Ice lets all of his players make their own decisions doesn't force his players one way or another. Sent both of his sons to Miami and Brandon is already in the NFL he doesn't need the money to take a coaching job at FSU and he will not leave BTW. Miami did not want Treon Harris as a quarterback and that is a fact. Ice wasn't even aware Nigel was announcing on Monday so please give the guy some slack. His best interest is not Miami, FSU or any other school for that matter. His main concern are his kids and that they go where they want to play. I hate to break it to some of you but Miami is not the top spot that kids want to go to these days I mean we have lost 17 games in the last 3 years and have not been to the BCS in almost 10 years. If Miami wins they will get BTW kids plain and simple.

Last edited:
I reckon this thread has run its course. Time to move on.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back