So Treon Harris to FSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are whining about nothing. can you blame him for choosing FSU?

we're not in a situation where kids give up their dreams to play here. maybe if we were a winner at this point, he'd have given up that dream of QB earlier and committed. instead, FSU offered him what he wanted. got to respect that and move on. we got bigger fish to fry. you're whining about nothing with the whole ICE thing

**** post and TP800 agrees, shocker!

why is that a **** post? because I keep it real? we start winning again, and we won't have to put a fence around the state of miami... KIDS will beg to come here.

Sucking fsu's dyck isn't keeping it real. FSU hasn't done **** either.

Advertisement
For all those that lump Uncle Luke and Ice together please stop. Luke says some negative **** but still loves the U and send his kids there if given the chance. Ice is butt hurt from being fired by Golden and does anything in his power to hurt the U.

Curious to hear gogeta's response on all the noise at BTW the last week

My take:

None of you clowns wanted anything to do with Ice harris or his son, YET theres an all out meltdown when his son verbals to another school.

- Kid wants a shot at qb, And has stated this from early in his recruitment...only thought about giving us a shot at another position. Im guessing fsu will lie to him to get that shot..obviously they want Bethel,and Chad. People also forget that Matt Thomas grew up playing with Treon as his qb since little leagues. This offer maybe to keep Matt Thomas and crew inline though i think theyve been recruiting Treon for awhile.

Dont care about that loss to much..i wanted the kid as a cb recruit. The big dog from BTW is Chad Thomas...i dont care about Bethel/Jackson as much...im all in on Chad Thomas, he's a special recruit.

Bethel/Patten can be replaced as a cb prospect fairly easily.

THIS!!!

Not surprising news - not sure why everyone is so bent up about it. We all knew the playing qb in college nonsense was going to play out. What is disappointing is to hear Theron's professed love for fsu since he was a kid and the disappointment in knowing that ice didn't warn the kid about the perils of listening to the BS from fsu about playing qb in college.

I think this had more to do with treon doing his own thing - irrespective of ice's wishes. Maybe fsu and ice are trying to patch up the Thomas fiasco by sending treon to btw.

And for those who claim ice is one of the best coaches in so fla - if he is so legendary, i would expect him to land a college job soon, no?

I still can't get over the fact that he worked at UM.

Smh

I wonder how he became such a big fsu fan. His brothers went to UM. That would naturally lead to the younger brother loving UM. Could it have anything to do with being around Beanbag every day, who shyts on UM and recruits for fsu? Or Lice telling him how UM is shady and can't be trusted? The culture at Booger T is toxic and polluted.

Advertisement
I am truly happy for Treon...

All BTW stuff aside, I think this kid is making a decision to explore his opportunity at QB
He is a play maker at the position and why not follow your heart...if it doesn't work out for him
he can then make the switch..

I wish him well I hope the staff continues to recruit him....and maybe flip him

You do realize the new starter for FSU is a freshman right? No Way Harris plays QB there. If he and his dad are that blind to the empty promise FSU gave them then they are idiots.

Brandon Harris was prob the best player to come outta BTW in like 10+ years and he didn't set the world on fire either.

I really don't understand all the hype for these kids who really don't produce at the next level.

Oh and if we were really trying to bring in Treon as a slot WR, I'm more than fine with taking Braxton Berrios (who IMO is a way better slot WR) instead of this kid.

To be honest, the only BTW player that I want this cycle is DE Chad Thomas and that is mainly b/c of our huge need for pass rushers.

Bethel would be a solid pick up, but I'm not getting too excited about a 5'8/5'9 CB with only 4 INTs(not **** for a 4star CB), sorry I'm just not. If I remember correctly Dallas Crawford(also short) had like 12 INTs his Sr season and he couldn't crack the DB lineup.

I mean Braxton Berrios had more INTs (5) last season then Bethel, and he is being recruited strictly for offense.

I really don't know why there is such a meltdown over a kid that really isn't a better option (at least at slot receiver) than what we still have left on the board and have a great shot at landing (Berrios).

Not to mention that Treon wasn't on anyone's mock WR class that everybody was making a few months back, I believe the names most used were Lane, Dixon, Rudolph, Brady, JoJo(I only want as a CB not a WR), Cannon, Scott and a few others. Berrios wasn't even on anyone's list back then either, and most only wanted to bring in Treon as a CB.

Nobody said we should take this kid as one of our 3-4 WRs in this class, so everybody needs to chill the f@#k out.

He will be disgruntaled at FSU like matthew Thomas after he realizes he ain't playing QB. At least he showed his hand early and we can move on. Berrios

Advertisement
76.gif

We finally land an elite player at a position we have been striking out on, in Valentine. Yet that garners less responses than us losing a kid everyone claims they did t really care for from the start all that much......

I still doubt he ever had an offer. And I agree, Valentine was a huge commitment and a much more critical position and we should all still be fapping ourselves on that.

Advertisement
I think the only reason anyone stresses this commitment is the influence treon as mat may have on chad and nigel

A lot of this thread reminds me of what I was thinking when I was told that the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Advertisement
I think the only reason anyone stresses this commitment is the influence treon as mat may have on chad and nigel

Don't care all that much about Nigel but he is a take if he wants in. Thomas is the prize and you have to remember that he only plays football there, he goes to a music school elsewhere. Don't think the influence is that big.

This is as surprising as Vernon Hargreaves' decision to go to UF. I am truly stunned. I was certain Lice's son was going to choose UM after UM greased Lice.

First of all, I don't see how people can sit around and talk as if this kid isn't good. He was the runner up for the state player of the year award and the Dade County Offensive Player of the year so yall can save all the talk about him not being better than Berrios or anybody else. The kid is legit. We all knew the kid wanted a shot to play QB and Miami was never offering him that, FSU was. Ice never made a fuss about Treon not getting an offer to play QB and neither did Treon. They simply focused on the schools that were offering him as a QB (FSU,Arizona,Boston College, and NC State). At the end of the day, Ice didn't even feel FSU was the best fit for him but even as a parent/coach, he can only advise his players but at the end of the day it's their personal decision. He probably felt Arizona was the best fit as a QB but he has to support his son's or any other player's choice, just as he did Tim Jr when he chose Miami over all the big track programs throughout the country. It worked out well for him.

I'm in the know at Booker T and as for the Bethel and Jackson theories, you people are sick to think this man is driving these kids away. If anything, Ice is trying to help Miami with both players. Ice is the guy who got in Jackson's *** yesterday and made him call Miami coaches to confess his love for wanting to be there, and to stop listening to people in the neighborhood telling him he should take his visits. He also had a meeting with Bethel's parents so that they, the parents, could get control of his recruiting situation. Everybody on these boards run with whatever they read and pass it as fact. Ice made his comments after the DK situation and he probably should have handled it differently but to sit here and try to make this man out to be bad in every situation is childish and most of the time, lies.

As for Ice's comments about usually not wanting his players to commit early. With Treon being recruited as a QB, his commitment time table is different and anybody who knows recruiting understands that. Most schools want their QB recruits in early, hence us having 3 QBs locked in. That's just how it goes for that position.

That's the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back