So, Syracuse isn't horrible......

Advertisement
So was GT and they scored 17 (averaged 36.5) and 289 yards (averaged 479).

There is no doubt Mr. Babers is a good offensive coach but this D has shown up in ACC play.

Duke

Points Allowed: 6
Yards Allowed: 349
Turnovers Forced: 2
Sacks: 6
Tackles For Loss: 11

FSU

Points Allowed: 20
Yards Allowed: 406
Sacks: 4
Tackles For Loss: 9

Georgia Tech

Points Allowed: 17 (that onside kick is not on the D)
Yards Allowed: 289 (Before today they averaged 479 YPG and 36.5 PPG)
Turnovers Forced: 0
Sacks: 2
Tackles For Loss: 7

So in ACC Play (so far) [Per Game Average]

Points Allowed: 14.34
Yards Allowed: 348
Turnovers Forced: 1.34

If you're only allowing less than 15 PPG and 350 YPG, it isn't hard to win games.

Advertisement
So was GT and they scored 17 (averaged 36.5) and 289 yards (averaged 479).

There is no doubt Mr. Babers is a good offensive coach but this D has shown up in ACC play.

Duke

Points Allowed: 6
Yards Allowed: 349
Sacks: 6
Tackles For Loss: 11

FSU

Points Allowed: 20
Yards Allowed: 406

Georgia Tech

Points Allowed: 17 (that onside kick is not on the D)
Yards Allowed: 289 (Before today they averaged 479 YPG and 36.5 PPG)
Turnovers Forced: 0
Sacks: 2
Tackles For Loss: 7

So in ACC Play (so far) [Per Game Average]

Points Allowed: 14.34
Yards Allowed: 348
Turnovers Forced: 1.34

If you're only allowing less than 15 PPG and 350 YPG, it isn't hard to win games.

Completely different offense. Our secondary is going to be tested. SU has one of the best WRs in the nation in Ishmael. Guy has 62 catches for 802 yards this season already. If we don't have Pickney, Delaney and Redwine, it's going to be a tough game. Never said we wouldn't win. It'll be a tough game.

Defense was impressive yesterday.

Syracuse is another good test for them.

We should be able to score on them easily though.

Their QB runs without regard for his life. This is a game where one of DL could murder him.

Advertisement
Wash, rinse, repeat. There are no "easy" games left, both UVA and Cuse will bring a challenge. I fully expect the kid from Cuse to have about 200yds receiving, but I also fully believe we'll "tough" out a victory. This team is just that, "tough", not something we've been able to say about the program in a long time.
We had no business winning yesterday, you can call it luck, but if not for a BS call we wouldn't have even needed the catch.
GT's QB had 19 carries for 18 yards!

Wash, rinse, repeat. There are no "easy" games left, both UVA and Cuse will bring a challenge. I fully expect the kid from Cuse to have about 200yds receiving, but I also fully believe we'll "tough" out a victory. This team is just that, "tough", not something we've been able to say about the program in a long time.
We had no business winning yesterday, you can call it luck, but if not for a BS call we wouldn't have even needed the catch.
GT's QB had 19 carries for 18 yards!

Agree, every game is a challenge and should be taken as such if we want to get where we ultimately want to be

Completely different offense. Our secondary is going to be tested. SU has one of the best WRs in the nation in Ishmael. Guy has 62 catches for 802 yards this season already. If we don't have Pickney, Delaney and Redwine, it's going to be a tough game. Never said we wouldn't win. It'll be a tough game.

1. GT was a "completely different offense" and they were kept in check, just like everyone else.

2. Mr. Babers is a great offensive coach and he knows how to coach an offense. That is for sure. Ishmael (local) can play and will get the ball.

3. Our secondary has issues, that is obvious. Those issues were there this week and prior. The D has held teams in check.

4. Perhaps our offense can show up and play for 4 quarters. Cuse doesn't have a top-25 D (38th in Total D, 55th in Scoring D). Now it is time to they roll. Who is going to stop Homer, Herndon, Langham and Berrios? Does Cuse have the speed to stop Thomas?

Advertisement
I said to myself at the start of the year that I would take an O$U 2002 type of season. (A Bunch of close victories and lucky bounces.)

I don't care how we win, just get the win.

Advertisement

1. GT was a "completely different offense" and they were kept in check, just like everyone else.

2. Mr. Babers is a great offensive coach and he knows how to coach an offense. That is for sure. Ishmael (local) can play and will get the ball.

3. Our secondary has issues, that is obvious. Those issues were there this week and prior. The D has held teams in check.

4. Perhaps our offense can show up and play for 4 quarters. Cuse doesn't have a top-25 D (38th in Total D, 55th in Scoring D). Now it is time to they roll. Who is going to stop Homer, Herndon, Langham and Berrios? Does Cuse have the speed to stop Thomas?

GT's offense also played into our strength a little more. Our front 7 dominated. I'm worried about our DBs against their offense. We should be ok as long as we get pressure, but we need Redwine back.

Ideal spot here. Syracuse coming off a huge home win in a close game now has to go on the road. Based on the highlights I've seen Toledo is a more talented team, fwiw. Their top WR Ishmael wouldn't see the field at Miami, they can't run the ball and they rely heavily on Dungey making plays outside of structure.

I predict 31-13.

Outside the Carrier Dome Syracuse is a different team. If we played them up there I'd feel different. And they should have our attention now.

Advertisement
Back