So now Perry is don dada?

So Perry was ready to lead us from down 20 over our fiercest rival but he wasn’t ready to face the true **** that is the UVA Cavaliers?

Stop it.

Why should I stop when Im correct? He was not ready for that UVA game, plain and simple. UVA was likely the first time a team ever schemed specifically for him. He was LOST. Its been detailed here ad nauseam.

He had a nice 2nd half against a bad FSU defense. That doesn't change the fact that he was unprepared for what was happening at UVA.

Advertisement
Going by your rule perry shouldn’t have played the second half vs FSU.

Kid had a couple bad throws. Should’ve let him work it out.

No, thats not my "rule." UVA was NOT a couple bad throws. It was a kid who was ill-prepared for a defensive game plan designed specifically for him. The first time in his life that's happened.

Again don't conflate Perry's good play today against a very bad Va Tech defense with what happened at UVA.

Why should I stop when Im correct? He was not ready for that UVA game, plain and simple. UVA was likely the first time a team ever schemed specifically for him. He was LOST. Its been detailed here ad nauseam.

He had a nice 2nd half against a bad FSU defense. That doesn't change the fact that he was unprepared for what was happening at UVA.
You’re not correct no matter if you’ve convinced yourself or not.

I will tell you if you’re correct.

No, thats not my "rule." UVA was NOT a couple bad throws. It was a kid who was ill-prepared for a defensive game plan designed specifically for him. The first time in his life that's happened.

Again don't conflate Perry's good play today against a very bad Va Tech defense with what happened at UVA.
Looked pretty unprepared 1st half vs FSU too. That they went on to lose 4 games tells us richt made the wrong decision.

Advertisement

do you think virginias D is better than fsu's? Matchup wise

do you think virginias D is better than fsu's?

I think UVA defensive game plan was better than FSU's. As well I think it was Perry's first road start.

Again, Perry made some strides today. Don't conflate Perry's performance today with Perry's (lack of) preparedness @ UVA.

Thanks for your consideration.

Please review all of my posts and keep me abreast of my progress.

:king-pour:
I always do!

For real though, we will never know. I suppose that’s the crux of the frustration.

He could have thrown 10 TDS or 10 INTs. I detest the whole “the next guy is always better” attitude but I just happen to feel that way here.

Ah well.

Advertisement
Perry and Williams competition next spring will be great! Let the best man win! This is called progress folks, if this season gets a OC change it will ease the pain. Cam and Lingard. Pope, Jordan, and Thomas, we will have a dynamic offense if we get a real OC in there! Honestly, we should seen what we saw today, all season. Instead we wasted so much time and games with Malik! 2019 Canes !
we have a ton of offenseive talent in the '18 class. we need the OL kids to step up. My only concern is we needed '19 to stack chips and that aint happening.

I think UVA defensive game plan was better than FSU's. As well I think it was Perry's first road start.

Again, Perry made some strides today. Don't conflate Perry's performance today with Perry's (lack of) preparedness @ UVA.
Don't get me wrong, perry didn't excel against uva but at the same time I think he only got to throw 6 (?) passes. Don't forget that right before one of his picks he threw a ******* dime that was called back because a lineman committed a holding penalty. On top of that if richt is to be believed the other pick wasn't his fault.

This whole "unprepared" narrative may be true, I don't doubt that at all, but I didn't see a kid that was given the chance to grow and learn from mistakes.

He should have been starting last season. He's been managed worse than ENRON.

That's an understatement sir. Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling actually had an innovative and complex scheme. Simpleton Richt has never heard of the words, "innovative" and "complex".

giphy.gif

I always do!

For real though, we will never know. I suppose that’s the crux of the frustration.

He could have thrown 10 TDS or 10 INTs. I detest the whole “the next guy is always better” attitude but I just happen to feel that way here.

Ah well.

For me I continue to go back to what we know happened at UVA. He threw 2 INTs in 6 pass attempts. The 2nd INT was into triple coverage. UVA DB's were taking a number, waiting in line to pick that off. It was a play that Perry checked INTO.

When he came off the field he could not articulate to MR what he saw that made him change the play or why he changed the play and was frustrated. MR did the right thing to protect Perry for the long term.

Advertisement
Don't get me wrong, perry didn't excel against uva but at the same time I think he only got to throw 6 (?) passes. Don't forget that right before one of his picks he threw a ******* dime that was called back because a lineman committed a holding penalty. On top of that if richt is to be believed the other pick wasn't his fault.

This whole "unprepared" narrative may be true, I don't doubt that at all, but I didn't see a kid that was given the chance to grow and learn from mistakes.

Check what I wrote in post #53

Perry played well today. The OL and WR core were awful. We must have had 15 dropped passes and penalties on the OL. The spread offense also seem to help Perry. With that said, I still do not think Perry is the answer to the Canes offensive problems. Can’t read a defense for **** or avoid a hard rush and locks on to receivers way too much.....

Temper the excitement. Perry had a good game and progressed. He made some very good throws, had balls dropped that would have been TD's, and had some awful throws, ask Will Mallory. It's one game, let's see if he can do it again.

Advertisement
Both Perry & Jarren have potential to be very good ACC QB's if they had a legit OC & QB coach to develop them.

When we play the Toledo's, UNC's & bad Va Tech's of the world we look good enough, but the problem is whenever we play any Defenses with a semblance of a pulse the Offense gets exposed.

And they put in the time on the film room, which Perry wasnt and is now.

For me I continue to go back to what we know happened at UVA. He threw 2 INTs in 6 pass attempts. The 2nd INT was into triple coverage. UVA DB's were taking a number, waiting in line to pick that off. It was a play that Perry checked INTO.

When he came off the field he could not articulate to MR what he saw that made him change the play or why he changed the play and was frustrated. MR did the right thing to protect Perry for the long term.

Why are you making false claims like this?

You're a mod and spouting absolute fake news.

Take a fvckin lap pigeon.

So Richt's system is good enough as long as we have quality QB play. Funny how that works.
No, actually it was still putrid. But the unfortunate loss of two TEs made him open up his playbook. Those two TEs meant he was going to be a run first play caller, and he was. (What did he call it...yeah a pro style offense) It was his crutch. He was play calling was conservative and predictable. The loss of those two TEs, not only opened up the play calling, but also made VT call off the dogs, who knew what he was going to call. So, no, it is not good enough, unless he continues to build on this. Otherwise, he’s a chorizo in the basura can.

Advertisement
Back