So now Perry is don dada?

The momentum in recruiting and building a championship team is over, they lost too much momentum and the recruits know there not stupid they wont come here. Nunn Neal Ingraham they gone, must gets are gone and going to powers in CFB. Those losses set us back years

I agree 100.

But it's not just the losses. It's the way Rich has treated his players.

He's way over the top with his authoritarian *********. That only works when you have the resume to back it up.

Advertisement
Perry and Williams competition next spring will be great! Let the best man win! This is called progress folks, if this season gets a OC change it will ease the pain. Cam and Lingard. Pope, Jordan, and Thomas, we will have a dynamic offense if we get a real OC in there! Honestly, we should seen what we saw today, all season. Instead we wasted so much time and games with Malik! 2019 Canes !

Still think you stick with Perry instead of yanking him out the game so ealry

Im on the other side of that opinion.

I think lots of folks saw some solid growth in Perry today and are conflating that into thinking Perry could have played that well in the 2nd half of UVA. Thats flawed thinking IMO.

Rosier played just as bad against UVA. I would have rather watched us go down in flames and let Perry play out his first road game. I also feel if they just settled him down a few series he could have come back in and been better.

Advertisement
Perry, if he keeps progressing, could be on the level of a Kelly Bryant type player. Not an all world player, not a top 4 round draft pick, not an All ACC player and probably not a guy that can win a championship. To me his ceiling is about what Bryant did last year. But he is a heck of a lot better then Rosier in every facet of the game. As fans we will never understand or forgive Richt for sticking with Rosier as long as he did.
You’re smokin... Way better arm talent.. will be better than Kelly

Im on the other side of that opinion.

I think lots of folks saw some solid growth in Perry today and are conflating that into thinking Perry could have played that well in the 2nd half of UVA. Thats flawed thinking IMO.
You make a good point can’t really argue with that personally I still would have liked to see him play the rest of the game or at least get the start at BC instead of going back to Malik

So Richt's system is good enough as long as we have quality QB play. Funny how that works.

You know its not that simple.

Richt called a very good second half today. He got the ball outside consistently to minimize our poor O line play. So thats a variable we haven't seen to date.

And oh by the way, we played a team with more than half of their defensive starters injured. The same team that lost to Old Dominion at home.

Richt called a very good second half today. He got the ball outside consistently to minimize our poor O line play. So thats a variable we haven't seen to date.

And oh by the way, we played a team with more than half of their defensive starters injured. The same team that lost to Old Dominion at home.

So which is it, "with Perry it's a different season" or "Richt's offense can't win games in 2018"?

Advertisement

And...losing both TEs forced 4-WRs sets. Richt had to adapt his playcalling.

Either way now we’ve seen progress with Perry from the past couple weeks I feel better about our q.v. situation with him and jarren

Advertisement
An 8 interception game that ruined his psyche.

Now you don't have to wonder. :)

Richt did the right thing. Perry was not ready for that game.
Going by your rule perry shouldn’t have played the second half vs FSU.

Kid had a couple bad throws. Should’ve let him work it out.

Perry and Williams competition next spring will be great! Let the best man win! This is called progress folks, if this season gets a OC change it will ease the pain. Cam and Lingard. Pope, Jordan, and Thomas, we will have a dynamic offense if we get a real OC in there! Honestly, we should seen what we saw today, all season. Instead we wasted so much time and games with Malik! 2019 Canes !

The offense will not be dynamic if the OL play doesn't improve greatly. Searles must be replaced.

Advertisement
Add those three drops to Perry’s stats and he had a very good game, His reads on several those running plays also big improvement over that deer in headlight look he had earlier in year.

Imagine what he'd be like if he'd been given 1st team reps from day one.

So which is it, "with Perry it's a different season" or "Richt's offense can't win games in 2018"?

Im not compelled to be boxed in by the way you framed that question. If you want to discuss with me, lets keep it more open ended.

To clarify my opinion:

1) I agreed with MR on most of his QB changes. (Rosier for LSU - Perry being the #1 guy starting w/UNC - Pulling Perry when he did at UVA - I kinda woulda liked to see Perry back in for BC but that was a soft opinion).

2). Mark Richt's offense is excessively simplistic and will always put the Canes in a competitive disadvantage in big games. Even the offense I ran when I coached 120 pound optimist football could have given Va Tech a run today. :). That was a depleted defense. Old Dominion put up 632 yards off offense and 49 points against Va Tech when their defense was healthier than they were today.

Going by your rule perry shouldn’t have played the second half vs FSU.

Kid had a couple bad throws. Should’ve let him work it out.
Crazy talk.

You switch to Rosier because you never know what he’s going to do....oh wait....yes you do.

Well with Perry you know EXACTLY what was going to happen based off of....oh wait.....nothing.

Advertisement
Back