So James coley says..

Advertisement
Updated staff prediction:

HC CMR
TE/OC John Lilly (Currently Georgia)
QB James Coley (On staff)
OL Mike Sullivan (Currently Tennessee Titans)
WR Kevin Beard (On staff)
RB Bryan McClendon

DC/HC Chuck Pagano (1.5 million...MAKE IT HAPPEN!!)
DL Kevin Patrick (Currently N Texas)
LB Mike Barrow (Currently Seattle Seahawks)
DB Willie Martinez (Currently Tenn Volunteers)

No chance in **** that he stays if he's demoted to QB coach. He'd stay to be "OC" without play calling, but to lose the responsibility AND title would be a dealbreaker IMO

Updated staff prediction:

HC CMR
TE/OC John Lilly (Currently Georgia)
QB James Coley (On staff)
OL Mike Sullivan (Currently Tennessee Titans)
WR Kevin Beard (On staff)
RB Bryan McClendon

DC/HC Chuck Pagano (1.5 million...MAKE IT HAPPEN!!)
DL Kevin Patrick (Currently N Texas)
LB Mike Barrow (Currently Seattle Seahawks)
DB Willie Martinez (Currently Tenn Volunteers)

No chance in **** that he stays if he's demoted to QB coach. He'd stay to be "OC" without play calling, but to lose the responsibility AND title would be a dealbreaker IMO

apparently, family is playing a big part in him staying in Miami. Unless a gig opens up at FIU he will rather be happily employed at the U, than not. I don't think the title is that big if an issue at the moment. If he stays at the same pay, he should count himself as very fortunate.

Advertisement
Coley will either get really lucky and be allowed to hang around here, or he'll wind up having to jump on some failed coach's staff, like Poops at Kentucky, and start bouncing around college football chasing jobs.

I can see some loser HC scapegoating assistants trying to gain access to South Florida recruiting in a desperate attempt to save his job hiring Coley. Then they'll both get fired next year. That's the trap some of these assistants fall into.

He'd be better off sucking Richt's *** and baking him tres leches and offering to do whatever he wants than getting on that downward death spiral of bouncing from failing staff to failing staff for a year or two at a time.

Attachments

• golden burger.jpg
    golden burger.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 17
Advertisement
Canesport said Scott is open to coaching another position other than te under richt. Great news

no thanks bye bye

This.

Just listen to how dopey he sounds in this meeting:

[video=youtube;OUNDZkWYqjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUNDZkWYqjA[/video]

How much value is he adding? Serious question.

That's exactly what I thought. He just sounds like some know nothing, corporate BS, butt kisser to me.

To get people to buy in, they need to believe their leaders have their is together. I don't see that with Coley. Bye.

If he can be the qb whisperer and help game plan, I don't care either way if he goes or stays.

Advertisement
Ho God, watch for a bunch of our current clowns, I mean coaches be retained as part of this staff. Started already with Kehoee who has been downright lousy. I thought we were going to get better?

Ho God, watch for a bunch of our current clowns, I mean coaches be retained as part of this staff. Started already with Kehoee who has been downright lousy. I thought we were going to get better?

Oh no! Is that Richt Regret? Let's hope not.

Advertisement
Corley brings nothing, zero, zilch to the table. He sounds like a guy with no brain, which makes sense given his alma mater. It's a waste of space to carry a guy like him on staff.

Hurlie seems to be the only one in the room that gets it, btw. He understands that the one thing you can't teach is explosion. Our best coaches recruited athletes and taught them how to play the game. D'Onofrio is more concerned with this nebulous concept that he "knows how to play the position". It's the Golden way: get a bunch of guys who do their jobs, athleticism be damned.

Corley brings nothing, zero, zilch to the table. He sounds like a guy with no brain, which makes sense given his alma mater. It's a waste of space to carry a guy like him on staff.

Hurlie seems to be the only one in the room that gets it, btw. He understands that the one thing you can't teach is explosion. Our best coaches recruited athletes and taught them how to play the game. D'Onofrio is more concerned with this nebulous concept that he "knows how to play the position". It's the Golden way: get a bunch of guys who do their jobs, athleticism be damned.

Let me preface this by saying that I won't lose a moment of sleep if Richt kicks Coley to the curb but.....Coley did hit on 2 big time QB recruits while he was here and under Golden. If money truly isn't an issue then he's worth his current salary and a phony "co-OC" designation if he can contribute to longterm stabilization at the QB position. I've said it before though, go ahead and boot him if it impedes someone like a Dorsey willing to come in under the same title but with more longterm potential to actually call plays one day or be groomed for even greater things.

Advertisement
Back