So James coley says..

Advertisement
Per Matt porter

OC James Coley didn't want to talk Richt/future, but said he would love to stay on -- even if he's not calling plays. Respects Richt.

I would not be opposed to this, he's a great recruiter and talent evaluator at qb
At the end of WWII we did not bring back Togo for the new Japanese government. Of course Obama was not president back then. However, we were stuck with one of his clones-Donna Shalala.

good point I mean we are trying to take on refugees from countries that have factions that have declared war on us.

But it's not politically correct to say that.

Sounds great.

Al Golden is available too, maybe he can find a spot on the staff for continuity.

Not even is jest should that be said.

Dude! I hear tell D'Onofrio's still in town.

Just sayin'.

So sad. so sad. I hear he had a job lined up with the Obama administration to head up our defense against Moslem terrorists. The president likesthe bend over nature of Mark's defense.

Yeah, bend then break defense.

Don't want to offend the opposing team.

Kaaya didn't progress a ton from year 1 to year 2 under him. Morris took a step back. Just sayin'.

richt will be coaching quarterbacks and calling plays. coley would likely return to the same role that he had under jimbo. that's a good thing.

morris' decline was more because he didn't have training wheels on the offense like he did under fisch.

Then why keep JC? We can find other good recruiters. We need good coaches.

Interesting because it always seems that when we start games he did well. And when he had to make in game adjustments he did not as good. If he remains as OC but doesn't call plays then he would probably do well preparing the guys to play and coming up with a gameplan. also he is probably the best recruiter on staff, though that should not be enough to keep him as OC. I'll be fine with whoever Richt wants to bring in.

Advertisement
Sounds great.

Al Golden is available too, maybe he can find a spot on the staff for continuity.

Not even is jest should that be said.

Dude! I hear tell D'Onofrio's still in town.

Just sayin'.

So sad. so sad. I hear he had a job lined up with the Obama administration to head up our defense against Moslem terrorists. The president likesthe bend over nature of Mark's defense.

Yeah, bend then break defense.

Don't want to offend the opposing team.

Sec of Defense written all over him.

Have zero problem with this if he's being genuine.
"Yes Men" tend to be genuine about kissing *** to make the boss happy. Just saying. If I was in his position I'd say the same until I secured another job.

Although, as OP said, he does seem to be a good evaluator of QB talent and pretty good at closing them. I mean Kaaya projected No.1 for '17, right?

Nevertheless, Yes Men will say whatever it takes to keep cush until they "yes" enough to get a better title. Progress is rarely attained without healthy discussion. I hope he gets replaced.

I say no thanks! Lots of people claim he's some great recruiter and QB whisperer but I don't see it. Bring in someone new. ****, Dorsey with no experience, would be an upgrade.

Interesting because it always seems that when we start games he did well. And when he had to make in game adjustments he did not as good. If he remains as OC but doesn't call plays then he would probably do well preparing the guys to play and coming up with a gameplan. also he is probably the best recruiter on staff, though that should not be enough to keep him as OC. I'll be fine with whoever Richt wants to bring in.

This is true, except he adjusted well during this year's FSU game.

Advertisement
I say no thanks! Lots of people claim he's some great recruiter and QB whisperer but I don't see it. Bring in someone new. ****, Dorsey with no experience, would be an upgrade.

Dorsey with "no experience" is above a non-play calling OC position, and it would be shocking if we landed him in that roll. He is in line to be a NFL OC soon.

Dorsey with "no experience" is above a non-play calling OC position, and it would be shocking if we landed him in that roll. He is in line to be a NFL OC soon.

Agreed. I was just saying someone who's never called plays before (Dorsey) would be better than Coley.

Advertisement
Back