So James coley says..

Agreed. Not with a charity hire. Honestly, wondered if there was some skill set he brought that we had not seen that would make him valuable to our program that someone could share with us.

If he's not OC and not QB coach then what would he do for us?

Take up a coaching spot and financial resources. Mark Richt recruits and develops QBs just fine. He doesn't need James Coley in any capacity.

Advertisement
cant wait for the bowl game to be over so i never have to see some of these coaches faces again.

Sounds great.

Al Golden is available too, maybe he can find a spot on the staff for continuity.

yeah, but you are just saying that so you won't have to change your username.

I just have a deep appreciation for Hardee's managers.

No manager... owner, bud. Golden moving to bigger and better things

yo, don't disrespect my burger joint like that. lol. this used to be my spot back in the day when i was at Long Beach St...breakfast was on point. Al Golden wish he could flip a burger like these cats could. lol.

Advertisement
Coley offense vs GT...38 points.

Richt offense vs GT...13 POINTS?!?!

That wasn't Richt's offense.

Well tell us whose offense it was then. People getting way to excited about what Richt brings to the table besides class and recruiting. His teams at UGA were the most underachieving teams in country. Hope it changes here, but I honestly don't see it. Would have loved to get Fuentes or Herman.

Well tell us whose offense it was then. People getting way to excited about what Richt brings to the table besides class and recruiting. His teams at UGA were the most underachieving teams in country. Hope it changes here, but I honestly don't see it. Would have loved to get Fuentes or Herman.

He didn't call the plays against gt, schottenheimer did.

Last time he called plays? The first 7 years at Georgia when he killed it and ever since they took it away from that's when the Georgia "decline" happened

Also richt was the play caller for the two fsu national championship teams

Do some research first. The guy can coach offense. He's the most successful coach Miami has ever hired.

Not to mention Georgia Georgia Tech is a rivalry game

Per Matt porter

OC James Coley didn't want to talk Richt/future, but said he would love to stay on -- even if he's not calling plays. Respects Richt.

I would not be opposed to this, he's a great recruiter and talent evaluator at qb
Dale!

The same Fuente who's offense put up 12 points in a loss against Temple? The same Herman who's offense put up 17 points in a loss to mighty Connecticut? Don't get me wrong, I think they are two very good coaches. But I am thrilled with our hire.

Advertisement
Per Matt porter

OC James Coley didn't want to talk Richt/future, but said he would love to stay on -- even if he's not calling plays. Respects Richt.

I would not be opposed to this, he's a great recruiter and talent evaluator at qb
At the end of WWII we did not bring back Togo for the new Japanese government. Of course Obama was not president back then. However, we were stuck with one of his clones-Donna Shalala.

good point I mean we are trying to take on refugees from countries that have factions that have declared war on us.

miami needed a richt type hire. to many people who watch the canes and bleed green and orange have watched one coordinator, to another coordinator, to a mac coach fail. this team needed a hire from a succesful coach in a power 5 conference not some mac or coordinator go cheap coach.

i like fuente great offensive mind and rebuilt memphis but was just 9-3 this past year. richt went 9-3 in a down year with grayson lambert at qb and his best player nick chubb injured in the sec.

richt when calling plays has been a tremendous success. he has developed guys like david greene, aaron murray, matt stafford at qb and when he has that qb he wins 11 games a yr. his down years came in years he had guys like lambert at qb.

im all for keeping coley as recruiting coordinator/oc if he is only doing the day to day stuff and not calling plays or designing the offense.

miami needed a richt type hire. to many people who watch the canes and bleed green and orange have watched one coordinator, to another coordinator, to a mac coach fail. this team needed a hire from a succesful coach in a power 5 conference not some mac or coordinator go cheap coach.

i like fuente great offensive mind and rebuilt memphis but was just 9-3 this past year. richt went 9-3 in a down year with grayson lambert at qb and his best player nick chubb injured in the sec.

richt when calling plays has been a tremendous success. he has developed guys like david greene, aaron murray, matt stafford at qb and when he has that qb he wins 11 games a yr. his down years came in years he had guys like lambert at qb.

im all for keeping coley as recruiting coordinator/oc if he is only doing the day to day stuff and not calling plays or designing the offense.

and DJ Shockley. keep in mind, chubb doesn't get hurt in Tenn. game, i think they win and go 10-2.
year before he lost gurley. he has had alot of bad luck with injuries.

If you fail as a HC, OC or DEC at Miami, finding another job is brutal. Ask Randy....had to start by coaching LB's. Ask Coker, who is at UTSA.

So having said that, outside of identifying QB's, what else does he bring to the table? You have an offensive minded head coach who wants to be intimately involved with the offense, and there are other stud recruiters on staff such as Hurlie and KB, and possibly Lilly and others. So what role would he have?

Advertisement
Updated staff prediction:

HC CMR
TE/OC John Lilly (Currently Georgia)
QB James Coley (On staff)
OL Mike Sullivan (Currently Tennessee Titans)
WR Kevin Beard (On staff)
RB Bryan McClendon

DC/HC Chuck Pagano (1.5 million...MAKE IT HAPPEN!!)
DL Kevin Patrick (Currently N Texas)
LB Mike Barrow (Currently Seattle Seahawks)
DB Willie Martinez (Currently Tenn Volunteers)

No way that Sullivan, Barrow and Pagano make lateral/down moves from the pros to college. The only reason you included Patrick us his UM ties, etc. etc.

Sounds great.

Al Golden is available too, maybe he can find a spot on the staff for continuity.

yeah, but you are just saying that so you won't have to change your username.

I just have a deep appreciation for Hardee's managers.

No manager... owner, bud. Golden moving to bigger and better things

AL.jpg

Advertisement
I have no problem keeping ONE staff member around after the bowl game, just to make sure this recruiting class stays in tact, if there is any possibility it could fall apart with the loss of the entire group. However, it'd be on a temporary basis. He'd be here for the year, or even the recruiting cycle before he "accepts another position" that opens up elsewhere.

But, seriously, we need to start fresh. I can pick some positive attributes about our numerous members of the previous staff, but its from a failed regime where there was a ton wrong with the culture. With Richt, I want to start fresh.

So coley KB, hurlie, scott & ice is who you people want kept? Why fire Golden? Clean ******* House! Clean ******* House! EVERYBODY SEEYA LATER!!

Advertisement
Back