So...is Morris the guy this year or what?

Morris has every physical tool you could ever hope for.

It just seems "forced" with him. Nothing looks easy.

Advertisement
Ever since Morris took over for Jacory at Virginia, I've said I don't trust the kid's ability to keep the ball away from the other team's defense. Maryland this year was another example. The kids is more INT-prone than Jacory. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone who can realistically beat him out. Williams may or may not be any good and the freshman should be redshirting. I'll gladly take another mediocre season if it means we can have great seasons down the road.

Really? One INT was on a last second hail mary, and the other one was on a forced throw down a TD with under 2 minutes left. I'm not saying that he's not turnover-prone, but saying that he's more TO-prone than a guy like Jacory is ridiculous when the majority of Morris's attempts were as a true freshman.

I'm much higher on him than most. I think the claims that he doesn't have the proper touch on his passes is bull****. Go watch the first 2.5 quarters of last year's Maryland game again and tell me he didn't look phenomenal. Granted they're not a good D, but it gave me some hope that he might just be a competent QB, especially now that he's had over a full year under Fisch.

Advertisement
Really? One INT was on a last second hail mary, and the other one was on a forced throw down a TD with under 2 minutes left. I'm not saying that he's not turnover-prone, but saying that he's more TO-prone than a guy like Jacory is ridiculous when the majority of Morris's attempts were as a true freshman.

I'm much higher on him than most. I think the claims that he doesn't have the proper touch on his passes is bull****. Go watch the first 2.5 quarters of last year's Maryland game again and tell me he didn't look phenomenal. Granted they're not a good D, but it gave me some hope that he might just be a competent QB, especially now that he's had over a full year under Fisch.

Thank you sir. Morris was pulled from the scout team (good call Whip!) and stepped in and made big throws. He showed toughness, the ability to lead comebacks and a sensational arm. The INTs were nothing strange for a true freshman, especially one that spent half the year running the other team's offense.

Against Maryland, he completed something like 14 straight passes. Unbiased analysts like Herbstreit came away impressed. But for some reason that game (as a true sophomore) is proof that he's not our guy. I don't get it.

I understand the criticism that the game needs to speed up for him, but that's normal for a young quarterback. We know he's tough and team-oriented, we know he can throw, and we know he's a true pocket quarterback who can run. Those are a lot of positive attributes for a player who is still an unfinished product.

The only thing I'm looking forward to this year in the Chickillo pass rush. Other than that nothing excites me. Saw Chick at the Baseball game last night and gave him a thumbs up.

Perryman doesn't excite you at all?

Honestly Chick doesn't excite me. He isn't explosive. He's just real solid. I'm not sure if he's the take over a game type, yet.

Perryman, however does excite me.

/no homo

Last edited:
The only thing I'm looking forward to this year in the Chickillo pass rush. Other than that nothing excites me. Saw Chick at the Baseball game last night and gave him a thumbs up.

Perryman doesn't excite you at all?

Honestly Chick doesn't excite me. He isn't explosive. He's just real solid. I'm not sure if he's the take over a game type, yet.

Perryman, however does excite me.

/no homo

I like Chick... I will admit that he does need to add to his pass rushing moves... It seems like a lot of his plays were made off broken plays that he didnt give up on... He has an outstanding motor but with some more moves he'll be a beast... He's a smart player so I expect to see him take the next step next year...

Thank you sir. Morris was pulled from the scout team (good call Whip!) and stepped in and made big throws. He showed toughness, the ability to lead comebacks and a sensational arm. The INTs were nothing strange for a true freshman, especially one that spent half the year running the other team's offense.

Against Maryland, he completed something like 14 straight passes. Unbiased analysts like Herbstreit came away impressed. But for some reason that game (as a true sophomore) is proof that he's not our guy. I don't get it.

I understand the criticism that the game needs to speed up for him, but that's normal for a young quarterback. We know he's tough and team-oriented, we know he can throw, and we know he's a true pocket quarterback who can run. Those are a lot of positive attributes for a player who is still an unfinished product.

Maryland was just abysmal on defense last year but overall I am on board with your POV. I want to see what he can do when he knows he is the guy.

Advertisement
Again, its a **** shame that he couldn't get this Spring, because he really needs time with the first team O to keep progressing. I do see the upside as well, but hes still way raw, and needs to 'get it' by the first game this year.

Advertisement
Back